IT.COM

Serious problem with GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

goldey

Established Member
Impact
Hi -- I am new to this site. I am having a major problem concerning GoDaddy, and I want to make a formal complaint to management. Support has been no help at all, they just blew me off. Does anybody here know how I can contact the CEO or somebody else in management? Over the phone, in email, snail mail, I don't care -- I just need to get my problem in front of somebody who can do something. thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
wow, I just read all the posts from overnight. I guess I have been blessed, because this has truly never happened to me before. I have used Moniker almost exclusively since 1998 (it had a different name then), but recently I've been registering a lot from Whois.com, which is BASED in India -- and yet I get NO spam emails or calls after registering anything there. I never had this problem until I dealt with GoDaddy a couple weeks ago. When I first started investing in domains, I was getting a lot of those snail mail phony renewal notices, but I haven't seen one in a couple years now.

•••
Years ago it started with junk snail mail. Then telemarketing phone calls. Then spam email. Now spam text. Whats next?

A knock on your door? They're relentless!

And people want holographic computers, sheeit....imagine waking up and walking into your den to be greeted by 'Pindunder Jeep' smiling at you while trying to sell a clone site for cheap! My god maaan!

haha I remember the snail mail...the envelope covered with "urgent" and looking all official... a return address to some company that always seemed to have a name starting with 'National' that quickly formed the impression that we best ACT NOW!!

Ah, the good times and many memories.

•••
Theres just so much of it. Such a waste. I wonder who pays them? The advertisers. Maybe publicly shaming the conpanies hiring them would work.

•••
The other registrars I deal with have NEVER sold my name, I have never gotten emails or calls after buying domain names at any other registrar. It is spam and harassment. Aren't I allowed to complain about that? I will never buy anything else from GoDaddy because of this.

Maybe your other domains of 18 years were just to bad to mess with. You finally got a good domain after 18 years that they can help you with :)

•••
Yeah Awesome!

My portfolio must be really good since day one :)

Maybe I'd mail that kind of appraisal back to that serious lawyer brokers out there...

•••
I think the BIGGEST problem @goldey is not the spam, not Godaddy, not the phone calls...

It's that you have been domaining for 18 years and you have only joined the NP community now :)

Lol, it's okay we forgive you :P

Welcome to NP, hope you njoy ur stay and all the best with ur domaining adventures. Try not to let the spammers get to you, it's simply part of the turf these days. :) Sooner we come to terms with it the less stressful it become and eventually it wont even be a bother anymore.

When you get phone calls then turn it into a game and see how fast u can get them to put the phone down by asking them the most insane, screwed up questions... lol. I asked the one telemarketer if they could talk dirty to me and asked them what they are wearing...... hahhah the call ended very quickly.

•••
I can develop a website for you or do some seo. Just please reply with your phone number :ROFL::xf.grin:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back