Dynadot

Serious problem with GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

goldey

Established Member
Impact
Hi -- I am new to this site. I am having a major problem concerning GoDaddy, and I want to make a formal complaint to management. Support has been no help at all, they just blew me off. Does anybody here know how I can contact the CEO or somebody else in management? Over the phone, in email, snail mail, I don't care -- I just need to get my problem in front of somebody who can do something. thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
maybe you should explain your problem.

Usually the ceo of a billion dollar corp. does not handle day to day customer complaints.

•••
It doesn't have to be the CEO, I just need to make a complaint with SOMEBODY. Support is great with little things, but not with serious problems.

•••
We have a Godaddy representative on Namepros, so I would recommend to post your problem here. In the end, if it's a common problem, all of us should know about it.

•••
ok. I have been in the domain business for 18 years. I have most of my domains at Moniker, Register4Less, Whois.com and a couple others. I buy names every month. Last month I needed hosting for a new capture page, and I bought it at GoDaddy. Along with it comes a free domain name. Within a couple days I started getting emails from all kinds of people offering to build me a site on my name, do SEO for me, and a dozen other services. When I did not reply to any of them, they started calling me. Now I am being harassed with several calls almost everyday. (I have an unlisted number btw.) I spoke to GoDaddy support last week, and he SWORE UP AND DOWN that they do not sell their lists of customers to anybody -- and it must be something that *I* DID to have all these spam solicitations coming to me all of a sudden. But there is no doubt all this came from them selling or giving my information to these people. I buy domain names every month from other registrars and this has NEVER happened before. I want to complain about the spam and harassment I am getting since I signed up with their hosting & got that free domain from them. I could have sworn I saw someplace that they promised to never sell my information when I signed up for my account --- but they sure did this time, I have no doubt. This could not possibly be a co-incidence. They have NO RIGHT to sell or give personal information to people who will spam and harass people who buy GoDaddy products. And a SECOND issue also --- I won a backorder domain from GoDaddy last year. I wanted to put it up on Flippa, but I saw it still has the previous owner's registrar listed in the Whois. I thought that when the domain was transferred to me, that would have been taken care of. I called GoDaddy support and they told me that I had to call this other place, Montenegrodomains and have them send me an authcode in order to get the registrar on record changed to GoDaddy, where it is registered now. When I called them it was clearly a GoDaddy partner, they had the same phone messages, etc. When I spoke to somebody there, she told me that I was told wrong, and GoDaddy should change it without an authcode. They were so rude to me. So now I cannot get it changed, and cannot list it for sale. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

•••
•••
ok. I have been in the domain business for 18 years. I have most of my domains at Moniker, Register4Less, Whois.com and a couple others. I buy names every month. Last month I needed hosting for a new capture page, and I bought it at GoDaddy. Along with it comes a free domain name. Within a couple days I started getting emails from all kinds of people offering to build me a site on my name, do SEO for me, and a dozen other services. When I did not reply to any of them, they started calling me. Now I am being harassed with several calls almost everyday. (I have an unlisted number btw.) I spoke to GoDaddy support last week, and he SWORE UP AND DOWN that they do not sell their lists of customers to anybody -- and it must be something that *I* DID to have all these spam solicitations coming to me all of a sudden. But there is no doubt all this came from them selling or giving my information to these people. I buy domain names every month from other registrars and this has NEVER happened before. I want to complain about the spam and harassment I am getting since I signed up with their hosting & got that free domain from them. I could have sworn I saw someplace that they promised to never sell my information when I signed up for my account --- but they sure did this time, I have no doubt. This could not possibly be a co-incidence. They have NO RIGHT to sell or give personal information to people who will spam and harass people who buy GoDaddy products. And a SECOND issue also --- I won a backorder domain from GoDaddy last year. I wanted to put it up on Flippa, but I saw it still has the previous owner's registrar listed in the Whois. I thought that when the domain was transferred to me, that would have been taken care of. I called GoDaddy support and they told me that I had to call this other place, Montenegrodomains and have them send me an authcode in order to get the registrar on record changed to GoDaddy, where it is registered now. When I called them it was clearly a GoDaddy partner, they had the same phone messages, etc. When I spoke to somebody there, she told me that I was told wrong, and GoDaddy should change it without an authcode. They were so rude to me. So now I cannot get it changed, and cannot list it for sale. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

we all have this issue, these companies farm whois data

Montenegrodomains is godaddy, if you can see the domain in your control panel, it is with godaddy

You have been in the domain business for 18 years? Both your complaints are invalid, and godaddy has done nothing wrong. I am not sure how you dealt with support, but any support personnel if you come off hostel, you will most likely not get helpful service in return.

Last edited:
•••
The other registrars I deal with have NEVER sold my name, I have never gotten emails or calls after buying domain names at any other registrar. It is spam and harassment. Aren't I allowed to complain about that? I will never buy anything else from GoDaddy because of this.

•••
Whois ---> Datamined
Happens to me on all registrars with or without privacy.

•••
I also get the odd email offering me SEO, etc. But if what happened to me a couple weeks ago was just plain ole whois datamining I wouldn't have gotten dozens of emails all at once just two days after I dealt with GoDaddy, and the dozens of phone calls that followed. The connection is unmistakable. It looks like you guys don't seem to mind this, and think I'm being silly, but it really bothered me and I wanted to express my complaint to management at GoDaddy.

•••
We all receive such crap emails, but GoDaddy has indeed nothing to do with this. There are "smart" douchebags who monitor all new registered domains, extract contact info and then sell those lists. That's all. And the indian spammers buy them with the idea that someone will pay them for their shitty service.

•••
LOL do you think you're alone. Common problem with new registrations, anybody can see new registrations, mine whois and start spamming.

•••
We all receive such crap emails, but GoDaddy has indeed nothing to do with this. There are "smart" douchebags who monitor all new registered domains, extract contact info and then sell those lists. That's all. And the indian spammers buy them with the idea that someone will pay them for their sh*tty service.

Wow !

•••
See my thread about this. Its horribly out of control. You have to use a google phone number, dedicated email, or privacy to prevent this.

•••
...I am utterly blown away by the fact that this is the first time that this has happened to you in 18 years. o_____o

It started happening to me on my first day!

What's your secret???

Last edited:
•••
exactly hxp, that's what I was thinking. 18years and none of this before? hmmm

•••
Years ago it started with junk snail mail. Then telemarketing phone calls. Then spam email. Now spam text. Whats next?

•••
plague of the industry lol

•••
And lets not forget the 5-10 upsells the registrars have in place just to reg a name. Everybody is selling something. Shoot...I should reg BarrageSpam...its available.

•••
I havent reg a name at godaddy in a year. This happens with any registrar, at least on planet earth.
So no problem with godaddy, problem is the indian spammers scraping whois.
Any new reg now get forward too http://www.dor.gov.in/contactus
I don't need to see the spectacular unique views for the first few days at sedo, most numbers have now been blocked.
Yes the plauge, will only get worse unless we do something and we are to busy complaining about it.
And talking about causing grief to spammers and thieves like Adam Dicker the liar thief is a no-no at this o so pleasant and happy forum.

•••
Im gonna start offering the telemarketers domains. If they buy a domain at my price, I will use them. And maybe i could offer them commission to sell my names. :)

•••
I just got a seo proposal from pindunder jeep, what next.lol

•••
I havent reg a name at godaddy in a year. This happens with any registrar, at least on planet earth.
So no problem with godaddy, problem is the indian spammers scraping whois.
Any new reg now get forward too http://www.dor.gov.in/contactus
I don't need to see the spectacular unique views for the first few days at sedo, most numbers have now been blocked.
Yes the plauge, will only get worse unless we do something and we are to busy complaining about it.
And talking about causing grief to spammers and thieves like Adam Dicker the liar thief is a no-no at this o so pleasant and happy forum.
"At least on planet earth"...thats funny.

•••
@Silentptnr
let us know how this works out :)

Sales force and telemarketers for free...

•••
Years ago it started with junk snail mail. Then telemarketing phone calls. Then spam email. Now spam text. Whats next?
They will come knocking on your front door :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back