IT.COM

Sent Inquiry, got a response.. What now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dot

Established Member
Impact
I own the domain 1881.net, there are about 20 companies that use 1881 in one way or the other..

I went ahead and contacted eighteeneightyone.com and got a pretty quick reply, they clearly stated that they're intersted and asked me to reply with an asking price.

What should I do? I don't want to scare them off.. Can I ask them to make an offer?

Thanks

check out their website if you will. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I checked out their site! :tu:

Now, you professionally negotiate to close the sale, IMHO.
What is an "acceptable" and "reasonable" Asking price for you? There is going to come a meeting of the minds, if you will ... the least you'll accept, the most that they'll pay. Do you wish to sell the domain name at this time? Any plans otherwise, such as to develop one day?
If it were mine, based on what I've seen ... I believe that I would ask for a reasonable $375 - $625+, IMHO (partially basing that on your statement ... "clearly stated that they're intersted").
Highly professional, curteous, and willingness to be flexible to a certain degree should out you in a pretty good position in the range, as I see it. Again, I'm basing this on my initial perceptions.
Please keep us posted! :tu:

•••
If you're not sure what its worth, then why not just put it up for auction with a low initial bid and a modest buyout price? Then once you get at least one bid in, inform the other 19 that a bid has been made, and they better act fast as the auction will last only a week, etc...

You can do this in Afternic or ebay, but I guess you can also try the NamePro's new domain list feature (for free).

•••
Good suggestions, Armstrong.
However, in this case I see a more immediate need here on the part of the potential buyer. They "clearly have an interest", and Dot "doesn't wish to scare them off". Where this is right NOW, going to "auction" may be too big of a step. Buyers like Asking prices, and they also don't mind negotiating ... I personally would work with what is already here, IMHO. Just my two sense. I'd like to see this one said, done, and delivered. ;)
Thanks.

•••
send this its worked for me

Thanks for your reply

I have not really set an asking price for my domain i have left it open to offers.I believe by leaving the name open to offers it makes it easy to find a middle ground to sell the domain. So if you would like to make an offer Please do so and then we can go from there.

All the best

•••
Yeah, wrap this baby up!
Your name is so much shorter than theirs. Use that for ammunition in your negotiations. Ask a reasonable price as CH has suggested. If and when an offer is accepted, don't knock yourself out wondering how high they might have gone. I honestly can't see them offering 4 figure numbers for it.

Good-luck!
Keep us posted!

:kickass:

ST

•••
Thanks for all the replies! As always, your insights and suggestions are incredibly helpful! I appreciate it very much!

I sent them something like what TheStokie suggested, since I'm really uncertain on the name's worth.

Thanks again, Name Pros!

•••
Set the price at $1,881.

hehe

•••
Originally posted by painperdu
Set the price at $1,881.

hehe

What, no cents? :laugh:

:lol:

I sent them something like what TheStokie suggested, since I'm really uncertain on the name's worth.

What the buyer is willing to pay, in the end, IMHO.
See you soon, look forward to the outcome here.

•••
Great position to be in. Good luck with the sale dot!

•••
i also used to use the aftershave , not popular but they also sell clothes.

cerutti 1881, although i think the .net might not be interesting to them, the com would be an easy sell

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back