Dynadot

Selling my first domain ~ $100 ~ Need tips!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Petter

This mute print liesVIP Member
Impact
Hello everyone! :wave:

I recived an offer yeasterday for my domain name phpcodes.net. The offer was at 100US$ so i decided to take it, but this is my first acctual domain sale that's not for the NP$ currancy but for actual US$ and I need some tips on how to handle, how to get the money without getting ripped of and etc. newbie stuff..

Anyone who can give me some ips on not screwing up this sale? Any tips are appriciated! :tu:

Greets, Petter :music:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it is through SEDO chances are you'll be safe as they use escrow for domain transactions. If it is not through SEDO, use Escrow.com for a small fee. Better safe than sorry I guess.

•••
How much is that fee? :gl:

•••
SEDO? 10% for most domain names, depends on extension though. It must be listed on SEDO and receives at least 1 click to get this offer otherwise it's higher.

Escrow.com, based on its online fee calculator, it's $25 for a $100 transaction

•••
25US$ is alot .. i'll have to discuss this with buyer.. thanks for the tips though :tu:

Anyone else? :gl:

Petter :music:

•••
Petter if possible i would do the transaction through paypal,If you have ICQ,Msn messager ect.You might wanna get online with the buyer and stay intact via messaging until the tranaction is complete,On the other hand,The buyer may feel comfortable with the transaction and send you money to Paypal,You push the name and it's all done.I have had a mixture,Some want to stay in communication via messanger with me until the transaction is complete,Others just send me the money,I push it and the transaction is complete.If the buyer does'nt have a confirmed paypal address,Make sure they are sending payment from thier bank account via paypal.If the tranaction were over $400USD or only if the buyer wanted to pay the escrow fees would i go the escrow route.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks alot for the tip X! :) PayPal is the only payment method i exept and he said that was OK.. :tu: I will be in comunication 'til the trans. is over so I'm sure i won't be get ripped of.. that was a great tip! :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back