Dynadot

discuss Selling Multiple Domains At Once

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

David Hooper

Impact
Spent 20+ years in the music business and own about a dozen related domains (e.g. musicmarketing.com, indiemusician.com, etc). Would love to sell as a package and be done with them.

Curious how many of you have done this and what your opinions on packaging are. I realize that I could make more money by selling them off individually, but would prefer to negotiate a single deal and move forward.

Any thoughts or experiences to share are appreciated!

David

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi David,

Since most people here would be looking to buy/sell domains regularly there might not be too many people who can answer from personal experience for a one-off deal. If you just want to be done with them I think your best bet would be to list them as a portfolio on Flippa. List them at Auction for say 21 - 30 days with no reserve and they'll be gone in a month - simple as that. Or you can put a reserve on them if you wish. Keep in mind that you're mainly selling to Domainers over there (not End Users) so price will be dictated accordingly. Feel free to PM me if you list them and I may well be a bidder, or you're welcome to message me if you have any questions.

You can of course sell on NamePros also, though my honest opinion is that you're likely to get a better price on Flippa for that sort of bundle. Others may disagree and will certainly add their 2c if they do!

Another possibility would be to speak to a broker in case they have a buyer who could be interested in such names. Good luck!

•••
Thanks for your response! Looking through Flippa and TDNAM right now to get a feel for how these auctions work.

Any thoughts on the Sedo ($59 option) auction?

•••
Hi David, Must say I haven't used any Sedo auctions so can;t really comment there sorry. My gut feel is that Flippa would probably get more bidders, but that is only a gut feel based on the type of auctions I look at. I'm not sure if you can sell them as a portfolio at Sedo (might have to list them all individually), though you can certainly sell them all as a portfolio (in a single listing) at Flippa.

•••
Flippa is the first place that came to mind for a bulk auction sale.

Just look on some similar listings there and how they word the pitch..maybe add reserve price..meaning the lowest you'ld be willing to accept if it sells.

•••
•••
•••
•••
eBay is also popular for such sales...

•••
I agree with those that have already posted that Flippa, a group auction here, or possibly eBay are options.

Are you absolutely sure you want to sell them as a package, @David Hooper ? By doing so you are really only considering wholesale prices to a domainer who will look to resell them. I realize that might be the easiest, but I would at least also consider an option of listing them somewhere that would handle the transactions for you, but to sell them individually. Like Sedo, the Afternic Network, Undeveloped or Tough Domains.

A place like Undeveloped make the transactions pretty easy as they act as escrow accepting the payment and you release the name to them and they transfer it to the new owner. There is no cost to list, but they charge a 9% on each transaction.

Anyway, whatever you do best of luck with them!

•••
I would never sell them as a group

Find a partner to help you sell them, there are lots to pick from on namepros.

One good sale will surpass anything you get as a group sale.
Unless you really need the money list each on separately and on as many platforms as possible. Set reasonable BIN prices and make sure the "Buy Now" is active.

Also, consider EFTY for your buy now pages, no commissions there.

•••
Back