IT.COM

Multiple domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I've just joined a company whose product name/type is not reflected in their domain name. They are not showing up in google at all for keyword searches of their product type. The only thing they are showing up for is the company name, but only word of mouth/receivers of leaflets etc will know that. They have been totally reliant on adwords for getting visitors to their site but clearly I need to get some SEO done!

I've found some relevant free domains and they coincidentally contain the most popular adwords keywords for their account. My thinking is that these domains should come higher up in search returns and help deliver some more organic traffic to the site.
I'm really seeking reassurances that buying several more domains and pointing them to our site (via a 301 redirect?) is a useful thing to do and won't actually be frowned upon by the search engines..

Any advice is welcome!

thanks
Charlie

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it would be best if they have some form of articles or any content that you can host on that domain, makes much more sense rather than 301 redirect make it into 200

•••
Thanks for the response

So you mean have a kind of microsite that hooks through to the main site?
They will want to keep the main site parked where it.

•••
Along with seo, I use several type-in 301's. When i select 'Masking, I can add keywords to the amd descriptions to the 301's for a bit more seo. Don't know if it helps, but it sure hasn't hurt.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back