Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

status-monitor Selling in Chat (Poll)

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

How often should selling be allowed in chat?

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Fridays only

    36 
    votes
    14.3%
  • Weekends only

    56 
    votes
    22.2%
  • Every other day

    8 
    votes
    3.2%
  • Always

    107 
    votes
    42.5%
  • Never

    59 
    votes
    23.4%
  • Other (explain in a post)

    9 
    votes
    3.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

In chat, we've been testing out a new set of rules on Fridays to allow selling ("Casual Fridays"): More details.

Please let us know whether we should:
  1. Only allow selling in chat on Fridays like we have been doing.
  2. Extend selling in chat to the entire weekend.
  3. Allow selling every other day in chat.
  4. Always (24/7) selling in chat.
  5. Never allow selling in chat.
  6. Other (explain in a post)

Thanks in advance!
 
4
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I'd love to know what the sales rate/percentage is for names posted for sale in the chat box and that sell as a result of the chat post alone. I would guess its miniscule. Pretty pointless spamming names in chat when there's a whole section of the forum for selling. Might as well knock it on the head. That's the easiest solution.

Addition - I also wonder if the sales spamming actually deters people from participating in the chat room and that if there wasn't the constant threat of having names solicited to you, you might be more likely to have a look and maybe take part/instigate a chat. I know I very very rarely even look at the chat let alone post as I know it's just broken up with names for sale.
 
Last edited:
5
•••
1
•••
Leave the chat as it is. It is wisely built, no change is needed in my opinion.
 
0
•••
2
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back