Dynadot

advice Selling / Auctioning off .io domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brandon.Domains

Successful Internet Entrepreneur Since 1998Established Member
Impact
The most popular place for selling .io domains seems to be Flippa. But the $9 auction gets you zero traffic and their upgrade packages are prohibitively expensive.

What is your take on this? Try to sell them on Sedo (much lower auction upgrade prices)? Or is there a good way of getting more views on your Flippa auction page (free or paid, but not insanely expensive).

I wish my Asian friends a great start in the new week! It's already Monday in Asia - they're ahead of us Westerners in time and grabbing up all the good names while we sleep :D

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
List the domain on flippa and then pay for advertisement on Namebio.com & DomainShane.com or Domaining.com

•••
List the domain on flippa and then pay for advertisement on Namebio.com & DomainShane.com or Domaining.com

Thanks for the tip! :)

Do you think it's still worth it for an auction lasting only 3 more days? I get a free re-listing anyway if nothing should move and can try it then...

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
From what I have noticed on auctions, bidders wait until the last minute to place bids. Better to put an ad to place the name in front of so many eyeballs.

•••
From what I have noticed on auctions, bidders wait until the last minute to place bids. Better to put an ad to place the name in front of so many eyeballs.

Thanks, I took your advice and booked 2 days on namebio for $15.

Let's see if it drives some more views to the listing :)

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
Use Twitter to promote the auction. Use hashtags that are related to the domain. If you find an end user on Twitter then use @username to mention them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back