IT.COM

advice Selling 2 Related Domains Together or Separately?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If a buyer wants to buy your 2 keyword brandable domain and you also have a shorter version of it, would demand that they sell together or just sell the one they want and hope that someone else someday will buy the other shorter nickname of it?

For example, let's say you had these along with shorter versions.

MotleyFool.com & MFool.com
GamePunk.com & GPunk.com
FightNerd.com & FNerd.com
AmazonDude.com & ADude.com

If a buyer wanted the longer version only for $xx,xxx, but didn't want to pay extra for the shorter verion, what benefit would there be to hold on to the shorter version? That is to say, how can I sell the shorter version in the future?

Any and all strategies welcomed.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If a buyer wants to buy your 2 keyword brandable domain and you also have a shorter version of it, would demand that they sell together or just sell the one they want and hope that someone else someday will buy the other shorter nickname of it?

For example, let's say you had these along with shorter versions.

MotleyFool.com & MFool.com
GamePunk.com & GPunk.com
FightNerd.com & FNerd.com
AmazonDude.com & ADude.com

If a buyer wanted the longer version only for $xx,xxx, but didn't want to pay extra for the shorter verion, what benefit would there be to hold on to the shorter version? That is to say, how can I sell the shorter version in the future?

Any and all strategies welcomed.

Thanks!
I can recite at least the general wisdom I have received here regarding pairing domains for sale. The general recommendation was "no." If someone wants one domain name, and not the abbreviated version, that's fine. There is no reason to expect that they will pay for both.
The examples I had were the domains that had singular and plural versions. To me, it seems if someone buys the one, they might as well buy the other one as well. My efforts to try to sell pairs seems to not have been effective. Basically, as members of the forum suggested, selling them individually tends to be the best strategy.

•••
I can recite at least the general wisdom I have received here regarding pairing domains for sale. The general recommendation was "no." If someone wants one domain name, and not the abbreviated version, that's fine. There is no reason to expect that they will pay for both.
The examples I had were the domains that had singular and plural versions. To me, it seems if someone buys the one, they might as well buy the other one as well. My efforts to try to sell pairs seems to not have been effective. Basically, as members of the forum suggested, selling them individually tends to be the best strategy.

•••
Thanks for your response! I'm incline to make the offer to acquire the abbreviated one at a discount before closing the main domain. After closing, the price will go up if they want to buy it later.

•••
Thanks for your response! I'm incline to make the offer to acquire the abbreviated one at a discount before closing the main domain. After closing, the price will go up if they want to buy it later.
It might be worth a try. Sometimes, it's useful to test particular strategy and tactics for a defined period of time, to see if it works. If it doesn't, though, don't be afraid to move on to a different approaches.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back