Domain Empire

advice Seller wants domain back. What would you do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What would you do?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Keep the domain

votes
    79.6%
  • Give it back and wait for your money back

vote
    0.7%
  • Give it back only if you get your money back immediately

votes
    5.6%
  • Something else (please post in thread)

votes
    14.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

I bought a domain for mid 4 figures from someone here on NamePros. Transaction went fine. After they were paid and the domain was transferred, they messaged me asking for the domain back. They said they sold it on GoDaddy auctions and didn't get notification until after they sold it to me. They seem to have also spent the money, as they asked me to wait for a refund until after they get paid from GoDaddy. They do have a good reputation here.

What would you do in this situation? Keep the domain, give it back and wait for your money back, insist on your money back right away, something else?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
By the way, the same thing happened to me once too (reversed). I sold a domain for $200 and a few days later I get a BIN sale on Sedo for $666. The domain was already sold and in escrow, so I had to explain the situation to Sedo.

Advice: Always remove any BIN domains from marketplaces immediately if you just sold a domain.

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
Happened to me on flippa, I won an auction, and paid the money, but seller never transferred the domain and told me that he sold it on sedo... Ahhhhh I really missed good domain. and
I think he stolen my domain as after I won it was my property, because once he told me that he will transfer it soon, and than second day he mention he got good deal on sedo so he is going to sell there.

BTW in your case, just give him his domain back and take your price as now you are the owner. Simple

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back