IT.COM

discuss Sell Fast Or Hold?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do You Hold Or Sell Immediately?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Hold A While

votes
    61.4%
  • Sell Immediately

votes
    38.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I've noticed that some domain investors register domains and almost immediately put the up for sale.

Is it good to do this?

If you register a domain for 3 to 5 years, won't it be worth more?

Just wanted to have some discussion about this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All about timing. Some people feel the pulse, some don't. Some names are worth saving, others you want a quick exit strategy before the wave breaks.

•••
yes!!!!! immediately put all yoru new registered domaisn for sale!

preferably makeoffer only. :)

cheers

•••
U can put it for sale , no problem with that. I put a lander on mine instantly but I usually stay firm with prices so they stay with me till I'll get what I think it worth or close to it

•••
Lander and hold. I notice there are a lot of fast low price flippers here. I guess I am too greedy for that...😂 A good name should be kept until a decent offer comes. The time on that as we know is uncertain.

Another good question how long do you hold a domain before you just give up on it? Guess it depends on the name.

•••
All of my names are added to my portfolio immediately, and are put up for sale to invite offers.

•••
•••
I'd give a discount for a quick sale. There's always the chance of replacing it. :)

•••
Depends on the name but like Sweet Jones said, "stick 'em for long scratch quick"

•••
I always put up bodis lander to monitor traffic for some time. But everything is for sale from the first minute on! :xf.grin:

•••
some domains are just valuable aged or new, doesn't matter like brandable names.

•••
Sell Fast Or Hold?

each domain, and each offer if any, will determine whether you "hold" the domain and extend it's registration period "X number of years, waiting for a better deal... if one ever happens ----

if, an acceptable offer comes along soon after acquisition, one might sell their domain, or wait for better offer

but that too is dependent on many factors like, their need to move inventory, or maybe how popular the name is or sell the name to reinvest or renew.

their have been occasions, where I've regged a domain and sold it within 30 days or less and other times where I've held domains for a decade + some years, before selling.

i think for domainers who've been around for a while, for them/us ....there a lot of circumstances, situations, timing, etc. to consider, before agreeing to sell or not.

for newbies who want to get rolling, they may want fast sales, just to prove to themselves, that they can do it.

imo....

•••
I've noticed that some domain investors register domains and almost immediately put the up for sale.

Is it good to do this?

Aged pigeon shit is still pigeon shit

For a domain name that has value, time can change it's desirability as trends evolve or die

•••
All Domains as soon as bought are up for sale, some through auctions for a very small but quick profit to keep up cash flow while others can wait on inbound offers.

Specially when you have a large number of domains, it makes sense to keep moving some to keep your portfolio manageable, cash flow positive and lastly for the proof of concept that Domain sales are achievable , however small.

You may sell some Nice Domains cheap, but even a small profit is profit that you can reinvest back into business.

•••
yes!!!!! immediately put all yoru new registered domaisn for sale!

preferably makeoffer only. :)

cheers

The thing about sarcasm...... its wasted on everyone except a select few :xf.laugh:

•••
I generally buy to hold a while but some trends are right now so best to sell those whilst trending as trends go as fast as you hear of them.

•••
I usually prefer the sell immediately route. Especially if the offer is right. You move on and invest in something else. It's all about the turnover rate.

The only time I support the hold for a while method is if the offers aren't good enough at the moment or if I have a bunch of future technology names

•••
I list about half right away, hold the others for projects, and some I never even mention until I'm done developing. I have a handful I'm playing the REALLY long-term game on right now, but those are few.

•••
HOLD
I like to analyze type-in traffic, inquiries, offers, trends and then decide to sell or to hold long term.

•••

Is it good to do this?

I just need cash:| . . .i am a poor student and need money thats why i listed them so cheap :(

•••
Good domains + time = Good sales.

In general, there is no substitute for time when it comes to consistently getting good sales.

If you are riding some trend then I could see selling as quickly as possible.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Cash flow is ♕ King. Meantime I'm thinking about registering InvestAndHold.com :banghead:

•••
I list most of the domain names I buy as "make offer". I like to purchase domain names about what is currently trending or any up and coming trends being foreseen in the future. This strategy may also require me to hold my domain names for a few years, however Iam very thoughtful of the "End User" buyer who does not care about the age of the domain name that interest them,which can potentially result in a very quick sale(y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back