Dynadot

discuss Any Good Domains Left?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do You Hand Reg Domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    72.7%
  • No

votes
    7.3%
  • Rarely

votes
    20.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I don't know what you think, but I have been pretty regularly selling domains that I hand registered.

I've read that some domain investors only buy aftermarket domains, and that there aren't any valuable domains left to hand register.

I personally think there are still good names available for hand reg.

I'm curious where other Domainers stand on this?

Seems many of the reported completed sales are hand regged domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whether you hand reg. or buy from an auction platform or expired domains. Make sure you think from an end user perspective. Its easy to say but hard to implement....Stay focused and follow the news and recent domain sales...Good luck all!

•••
Whether you hand reg. or buy from an auction platform or expired domains. Make sure you think from an end user perspective. Its easy to say but hard to implement....Stay focused and follow the news and recent domain sales...Good luck all!
I agree. Good domains based on obsolete trends have to wait until they come back in style.

•••
Not dead. You just need some patience, creativity and research. I hand regged today (Bitcoinvendor.net & Coinvendor.net). They look good to me. :)

•••
I think if you do the right way, hand reg domains can net some pretty high profits and/or a sweet ROI. 95% of the offers I've received so far have been on hand reg domains (that could also be because 95% of the domains I have are hand reg) There's always going to be a new trend and new niche. That's a fact. I'd bet that some of the highest sales down the road will be for names that don't even exist right now.

I won't lie though. When I first joined NP, I thought hand reg meant someone registering domains by hand (like with a pen or paper)...I thought to myself, "who on earth would want to do that?"

•••
I will keep selling hyphenated .co's like yummy breads for another one year. :)

Last edited:
•••
With creativity and new trends showing up every day, you will always come across good names to handreg
New trends everyday??,....wow...what a beautiful world I missed...can you tell some of the trends of today?

•••
HzOHvEbE8eg0nmjXppyDiWJLahMdlAGwA0_TFuSRK36k5w680_9HiBME6R1OTQjbsjx1aayjpF7eqBUxAXbwBwYo0-puwtOF3iRR7rac_6rKDsIRzZ4-7OLyXyysB1R0u1uWNbp9dSt6YdI=s0-d-e1-ft

Elliot Silver
@DInvesting

I don't do much hand registering, but I bought this one today: UpForEverything.com

•••
BB has a lot of hand regd names. It's difficult to get now good names but in new niches it is still possible.

•••
Unfortunately it seems there are still names that turn up, and I get tempted.

Also, I don't understand why some names seem to get ignored. I picked up CryptoBounty a few days ago. That had been neglected, and even when I run it though some of the valuation sites, they come up with a value of zero. With air drops, ICOs and a whole load of other crypto promotions that seem to be collectively referred to as "bounty", I would have thought that it was a reasonably desirable name. Anyway, I'll keep it for my own use to promote Bitcoin related stuff.

Who is says was registered 2016?

•••
Who is says was registered 2016?
I got if from the expired domains list at my registrar, and the previous owner had it for a year and let it go. Because I bought it before it dropped, I got the extra year.

•••
I got if from the expired domains list at my registrar, and the previous owner had it for a year and let it go. Because I bought it before it dropped, I got the extra year.
Oh,I see!

•••
aside from crypto names that were hand reged i get the most offers on domains won at auctions or purchased from expired lists...

•••
There are so many players now in the domain game that it's rare to find a great name that you can hand register. If it hasn't been registered there is a reason why.

•••
Thanks. I am of the opinion that domain first registration is a great interest. Buying and reselling yes to. But business, as I consider it to be the one who is passionate about his business. Recently, I try not to register domains anymore, I already have so enough of them. However, more than once I caught myself thinking that I'm looking domains simply so without having to register further. And it's nice when you find some very interesting domains.
B.R.

•••
I don't know what you think, but I have been pretty regularly selling domains that I hand registered.

I've read that some domain investors only buy aftermarket domains, and that there aren't any valuable domains left to hand register.

Completely agree..There are plenty of Good and niche domains left to Handreg..

Moreover, since the rapid advent of new technologies, the Handreg domains play an upper hand if you register it during the curtainraiser period..

Last edited:
•••
Well I believe there are many good gems out there. You just need to follow the trends and be a little open minded.

Today I believe I registered a good one "vmoney.net". Even if it is a net i didn't believe it would not be taken considering that Virtual money is the hottest topic right now.

•••
Hand regging is the most fun part of domaining, I started in this business a month ago and have hand regged more than 200 domains so far. Some of them may not sell but even one sale at a decent price will cover the cost all these purchases. Here are some that I have regged last week.

alimonious.com
annularity.com
beergifting.com
chefspans.com
counternatural.com
danishbutter.com
deletery.com
forslack.com
harvestjams.com
nuremberger.com
ruburb.com
skinandcoat.com
telegrammic.com
vagwipes.com
vicety.com
wineclutches.com
stomachful.com

Any of these can be sold to end users and a couple of sales will pretty much break me even. Having said that, making a sale is not that easy and will take some doing so fingers crossed.

Last edited:
•••
I registered cät.com, there's a cat sitting right there :D all other extensions worldwide were taken the minute after, wasn't me . . . Takes 2 seconds to type in on any smartphone/tablet. FYI 70% of net users go online using a mobile device. Name is immediately recognizable and memorable if that's not true. Doesen't look like there's much branding required also. IDN yes, It's Damn Nameable. International shouldn't be a bad word either imo

Last edited:
•••
Cat without the image is valued at 1.8mil it's short for caterpillar anyway so has nothing to do with the actual Cät.

•••
That's actually quite interesting Zae! I can imagine the thousands of pet businesses wishing Caterpilla would sell cat to them. The pet industry is worth 70 billion in the us alone.

•••

Isnt every domain a hand reg at the time of its creation? ;)

•••
As new technologies and companies develop so unregged domains become valuable.

For example: Crypto

•••
I’ve found some great hand regs recently for new development ventures, but nothing I’ve hand registered recently has sold yet.

Then again I’m not looking to resell an eight dollar domain for twenty bucks either. I don’t think I’ve ever sold one of my own domains much under a thousand so given that expectation just because I haven’t resold a recent hand reg yet doesn’t mean they are unsaleable.

•••
Hand regging is the most fun part of domaining, I started in this business a month ago and have hand regged more than 200 domains so far. Some of them may not sell but even one sale at a decent price will cover the cost all these purchases. Here are some that I have regged last week.

alimonious.com
annularity.com
beergifting.com
chefspans.com
counternatural.com
danishbutter.com
deletery.com
forslack.com
harvestjams.com
nuremberger.com
ruburb.com
skinandcoat.com
telegrammic.com
vagwipes.com
vicety.com
wineclutches.com
stomachful.com

Any of these can be sold to end users and a couple of sales will pretty much break me even. Having said that, making a sale is not that easy and will take some doing so fingers crossed.
Stomachful.com is an amazing find!

•••
Instead of bidding like crazy have some ice and let it pass. There are 30-50k domains expiring everyday, the opportunities will continue to come to find a good and cheap name. If you dont get it, be happy for the one that got it. Hopefully they will not just hoard it but maybe have some great ideas they can make real. Maybe they develop something that even you will benefit from one day. If you dont have big plans with a name, let it go to someone that makes something with it. Have gratitude and compassion, lets be real. Most people buying a domain name is just regular people and if you catches the domain, they dont have the budget to pay for it.

Look at the ones that are prepaid 9 years or that are 15+ years old, someone is sitting tight and think it will give them enough money to fly to the moon one day, instead they slow down the development by cramping on names, that have no real value, only in the head of the one holding them. (and actually loosing all the potential value it had, see previous poster's example of music.com)
The value comes from the content, a new startup and the ones that are popping up now a days, will just take a cheaper and available name. grooveshark, soundcloud, spotify etc

"two keyword, 5 letter, etc", and beginners see and believe this is what gives value, and they pay because they heard about the big money to be made. The big money is made on this fool. He dont really know what he is doing. He keeps the pyramid going.
Ive seen many of these stories.

People tend to go crazy and do mass registrations and a year later they have to drop all of them because no money is made to renew.
Its better to just get 2 domains, and then 2 other domains in another subject, aim for quality not quantity.

I decide for about 10 names, then i let them sit in my mind for some days, thinking and feeling about them, it usually helps to cut it down to 5. Of those 5 i decide to only reg 1-3 of the cheapest.

This help me save money, it gives you guys possibility to reg some name, and what i have actually is useful.

The premium domain s*it they registrars have going is just crazy, i looked do some names, first they came up as no available, a minute later they were available but for xx,xxxx. Other times the name is available for a normal price and a couple minutes later when i look its bought.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back