Dynadot

opinion Sell domains via Twitter

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alphadom

Established Member
Impact
Hi fellow domainers!

So I recently created a twitter account to give my domains a bit of extra exposure. Has anyone here ever sold one via Twitter, or do you prefer other social media?

I also found a competition where you can win a 4 LLLL.com by retweeting, following and a comment with @domainhubdotcom. Which I didn't want to withhold from the community ;)

have a good one!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Outbound via twitter replies or DM or taking advantage of trending hashtags may result in temporary ban due to spam. I got banned twice, had to verify my phone no. to unlock it. You can tweet whatever you want but dont put unrelated trending hashtags. About sale, nope I didnt had a sale..

•••
https://twitter.com/AbsolutegroupN

Create a separate twitter account for each domain. Follow anyone that you think could be interested.
Post and tag, once or twice tops.
I have played around with this idea, so far no bans but if I did get blocked it would only be for that account and the message would have already got out there.
Only tried this with 2 domains as yet and will continue to do so with others.
Received interest back but nothing leading to a sale so far.
Early days though.

•••
In case anyone is considering starting to use Twitter to enhance their domain investing, I wrote a guide and have just published it on NameTalent. It includes sections on Why Twitter?, The Basics, Don't Do This, Tips, and suggestions for 10 Domainer Twitter accounts to follow. The WhyTwitter mentions some sales that started on Twitter, were conducted on Twitter, or were initiated with a tweet. You can read the full post here.
Bob

(I should point out that the post is geared to a main Twitter account, rather than the question of whether you should set up an account for each domain name as discussed earlier in this thread)

Last edited:
•••
In case anyone is considering starting to use Twitter to enhance their domain investing, I wrote a guide and have just published it on NameTalent. It includes sections on Why Twitter?, The Basics, Don't Do This, Tips, and suggestions for 10 Domainer Twitter accounts to follow. The WhyTwitter mentions some sales that started on Twitter, were conducted on Twitter, or were initiated with a tweet. You can read the full post here.
Bob

(I should point out that the post is geared to a main Twitter account, rather than the question of whether you should set up an account for each domain name as discussed earlier in this thread)

Very well researched article, Thanks Bob.

•••
This was helpful! I started a Twitter account specifically for one of my domains. My goal is to tweet content that fits the possibilities of the name. We'll see how it goes!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back