Dynadot

question Twitter is Dying. Domainers? Worried? Sell DN's via Twitter?

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
I remember checking out Flippa a while back and remembered they were selling an option to blast your domain listing to their 30K plus Twitter followers.

I was thinking perhaps many of you NP have huge followings on Twitter too for the purpose of selling your domains.

I wonder if anyone is going to be affected by this news?

Twitter due to all the negative feedback from it's support of "Black Lives Matter" movement and also the "Twitter bullying" is losing users by the millions.

What does this mean to Domainers and their bottomline?

thought this would be a nice topic to talk about.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't think Twitter is going anywhere.
There's going to be a lot of belt-tightening happening at their offices, but Twitter is still one of the best sources for prospecting and sales intelligence out there for B2B buyers. The platform will only go into decline (if ever) when influencers start leaving their account dormant.

For now, it's still the social medium of choice for journalists breaking news and live event interaction (e.g. at conference, seminars and tradeshows).

•••
since domains were selling before twitter, then they will sell after twitter.

imo....

•••
Twitter is not dying.

Its just that user base growth is slower then other social medias and they can't find a good model to make money.

The company will probably be bought out at some point in the near future but certainly not shut down.

•••
Internet users saturated. I think it will definitely live on though as commercial revenue streams perhaps not saturated just yet

•••
Remember they bought out Vine too? which seems in hind sight as a "bad investment" lucky for the previous owners they sold it before it tanked.

This was Twitter throwing money out the window.

And now they are trying to shop Twitter around and NO TAKERS.

I never did get the "Twitter" bandwagon to sell domains. is it too late? should I even bother?

•••
Hello,
I remember checking out Flippa a while back and remembered they were selling an option to blast your domain listing to their 30K plus Twitter followers.

Do they still do this? If they do, I'd like to try it out... if the price is reasonable, that is.

•••
i dont think so that twitter is loosing it's shine. it is a highly valuable and used platform and so it wont and also domaining i think is going fine and so twitter shouldnot be involved for it too much.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back