Dynadot

discuss A crazy negotiation thread: Must read

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I came across a crazy negotiation thread on Twitter via DomainInvesting and I am very sure that this is one of the most interesting negotiation experiences that you would ever read.

This went from $500 --> $435,000. Yes, that's almost half a million. Without revealing more, I urge you to go read this thread, and then come back and share the first word you feel about this. I would put it as a 'risk taker'. Not genius, not strategist but a risk-taker.

Read it on my request! It would be one of your best time investment. At times, it also sounds like a thriller, the way it is written.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He researched the buyer and his capabilities...bumped up the ask from there. Yep, good for him

•••
so what was the domain name? someone said they looked up, did i miss something coz it was hidden! someone PM me if they know curious af now :)

congrats to the seller!

•••
It was a .us domain. Biggest .us sale to date as far as I know. There was a $100,000 .us sale last month, but this one is way up the ladder.

•••
Very odd, but OK. Odd because the valuation on the sellers part for a dot-us for 10 BTC and holding out on it despite offerings of a quarter-mil USD and constantly underscoring the fact they paid only $16.

First thought is, dot-us is not a "crypto" domain. Second thought is, perhaps he meant, crypto-keyword related? And then third thought is, congrats to the SELLER, wow. I really don't care what the keyword is, nearly half-a-mil for a ccTLD is spectacular.

•••
Maybe the seller knew using his NSA connections, that the buyer was willing to pay that much already, and GD was trying to secure lower selling price for arbitrage purposes. Can this be possible.

Something cheap in 2019, now popular, what can it be, only thing that comes to mind is: nft

Last edited:
•••
so what was the domain name? someone said they looked up, did i miss something coz it was hidden! someone PM me if they know curious af now :)

congrats to the seller!
Some mention of it being ftx.us. Not sure though.

Last edited:
•••
Some mention of it being ftx.us. Not sure though.
Who would say that? FTX US was already launched when the GD rep contacted him.

•••
•••
Very odd, but OK. Odd because the valuation on the sellers part for a dot-us for 10 BTC and holding out on it despite offerings of a quarter-mil USD and constantly underscoring the fact they paid only $16.

First thought is, dot-us is not a "crypto" domain. Second thought is, perhaps he meant, crypto-keyword related? And then third thought is, congrats to the SELLER, wow. I really don't care what the keyword is, nearly half-a-mil for a ccTLD is spectacular.
Exactly! The negotiation is next level!
The buyers in the crypto space are loaded. They need what they need! A lot of investors and business owners in this space see Ethereum as their stable coin; think of people owning 1k+ BTC; this is 0.1% of their investment! And that's one investor. Think of many investors participating in a single project and you have a crazy amount of money flowing in!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back