Domain Empire

SelectByte.com

NameSilo
Watch
We purchased a dedicated server from this company selectbyte.com / selectbyte.net

Which also the owner Is a Member Here at namepros camron ...

Our server has now been down nearly 36 hours :(

No response from Camron in 7 1/2 hours ..... :(

The support system on his site does not work ....

http://www.selectbyte.com/support.php

So I submitted a support ticket to his other company
vpsbyte.com ( There Support Syatem works ) But the auto response emails don't give you the correct url to the support system it gives you the www.yoursite.com....etc....etc...etc ...

Anyway response after almost 12 hours was
Hello, the support team for that company is different.

Thank you for contact VPSByte Solutions, if you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this ticket.

Thanks.

This response was around the same time that camron made his first reply to us... UMM........

We also have clients Sites hosted on the server ahnd have had 2 cancel there $17.50 p/m Package $35 Loss.... Loss of Income so far estimated at $200 ( Conservative Estimate Possilby More )

Camron you sell unmanaged servers OK but how can the management company manage the server if you are not able to be contacted... via your site....

the server is down been down 36 hours almost .... You still have not updated us on whats happening ....
We are not happy at all with the service you provide and need some answers... please.....

I have also PM Camron a Link to this thread to give him chance to make a response.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
labrocca said:
Weird issue here. I manage 3 servers myself. Are you sure Camron there isn't a hardware problem? Why not take my advice and mount his drive on a working server so he can backup data? Bonzer and AGS...you guys should just move. You should pay for a managed server since it doesn't appear you can handle an unmanaged one. It is no small task to run a server. It takes a lot of experience to do it.

You guys should just get a better server at a different provider. Consider having a cheap secondary server somewhere for redundancy and backup. As people running your own servers...you are ultimately responsible to your customers to stay up. While the host has failed you...you are failing your clients with inaction.

Just my opinion here...

Thanks for the opinion. No hardware issue as we tested it all. From personal expierence I think they are trying to update the kernel numerous times and it keeps on panicking. You have spammed our mail server to a point it got stuck (bonzer/ags).

I had the techs reboot it, I am asking them (and paying) to see whats up with the server. I will get back to you.

Please PM me with the root password so we can see whats up. Also next time you ask for support please supply your root password.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
I feel you Camron. I feel both sides...personally if I was you...refund them and boot them. Let them be a pain to someone else. They really shouldn't have an unmanaged server. I assume you are losing more than their monthly payment in tech support. More than likely they are just messing up their server as you suggest. People don't realize how easy it is to take down a server from root. Once...when I was a noob...I accidently typed rm -Rf from / (root directory). Talk about stupid...I caught it 3 seconds into the command when I realized I was in the wrong directory but too late..all the root files (like kernel) were deleted..then like a noob I rebooted...well that was the end of that. Took me 6 hours to rebuild it though that's not too bad for a total rebuild from zero.

•••
Camron said:
From personal expierence I think they are trying to update the kernel numerous times and it keeps on panicking.

The kernel is not the only one panicking, we've lost about $650 over the last 3 days in sales.
Please try your best to keep the server up Camron, bonzer will PM you the root password when he wakes up, it is the middle of the night here in England.

Thanks.

labrocca said:
...personally if I was you...refund them and boot them. Let them be a pain to someone else. They really shouldn't have an unmanaged server.

Come on buddy you've read all the posts and can see how hard we have been trying to get this sorted.
We have an unmanaged server but we pay good money to a company to manage it for us. They can only manage the server if it is up though. An unmanaged server needs the ability to be remotely rebooted.

Last edited:
•••
I do feel for you AGS as well, I am trying to do my job but watching your server 24/7 is not one of them. I have paid well over $500 in tech support, just for your server. Someone played with a bunch of boot and config files which we had to repair each one manually. This was the first large downtime. Second one was because the server was shutdown (someone sent the command). A few other times you did not notice was because of kernel panick. I am unsure about the one this morning because a tech at the dc rebooted as I requested, and I was not there to personally see what was wrong.

Like I suggested before, start a ticket with PSM and let them know whats up, ask them to see if they can do anything about it, otherwise you will have to pay us too and the fees we charge is just what I pay to the techs, I don't make a cent on that.

Thanks.

•••
When I get poor service from anyone I move on. Sure there is a moment to complain but at one point you must realize it's best to move on.

We have an unmanaged server but we pay good money to a company to manage it for us.

Judging by what Camron said...your good money to your server managers is down the drain. Are you sure these people are reputable? Often these "server managers" suck otherwise they would be running good hosting companies.

It's certainly not Camron's job to manage the problems of your server. Yes he has to give you a running server...and he did...then your managers messed it up...and he worked again. Seems like you aren't getting the hint. I know you want to blame Camron but often you must look in the mirror. You seriously need a better hosting company with a reliable managed server. There are plenty out there.

From my experience stay away from resellers...pay to get the best you can.

•••
Are you sure these people are reputable?

Yes Camron suggested them .......

I know you want to blame Camron but often you must look in the mirror.

Buddy the issue lays deeper than just Us being newbies and the management team ... There has to be issues deeper.... Camron also knew I was a newb to unmanaged servers.... as for refunding and booting us ...... Now ? Leave us out in the cold with no server ? No sites ... ? No back ups ???

•••
labrocca said:
When I get poor service from anyone I move on. Sure there is a moment to complain but at one point you must realize it's best to move on.

Judging by what Camron said...your good money to your server managers is down the drain. Are you sure these people are reputable? Often these "server managers" suck otherwise they would be running good hosting companies.

It's certainly not Camron's job to manage the problems of your server. Yes he has to give you a running server...and he did...then your managers messed it up...and he worked again. Seems like you aren't getting the hint. I know you want to blame Camron but often you must look in the mirror. You seriously need a better hosting company with a reliable managed server. There are plenty out there.

From my experience stay away from resellers...pay to get the best you can.

Were not a reseller, we colocate in a datacenter, personally setup each one. We have 3 cages in the datacenter, over 400MBPS going to each one.

Server seems to be ok for now but I have not received any PM. You may want to move on but it seems you've had this same problem with your recent providers? (downtime, etc)

I would advise you let me take a look at the server to see if this is in fact a memory issue. This could easily be taken care of.

When you first pm'ed me about a server, you never told me you had hosting clients as well as your site. If hosting clients were the fact as well as gmoa and mysmartscripts, etc, you would have needed more ram.

•••
Camron said:
Were not a reseller, we colocate in a datacenter, personally setup each one. We have 3 cages in the datacenter, over 400MBPS going to each one.

Server seems to be ok for now but I have not received any PM. You may want to move on but it seems you've had this same problem with your recent providers? (downtime, etc)

I would advise you let me take a look at the server to see if this is in fact a memory issue. This could easily be taken care of.

When you first pm'ed me about a server, you never told me you had hosting clients as well as your site. If hosting clients were the fact as well as gmoa and mysmartscripts, etc, you would have needed more ram.

Camron When We first spoke I did ask you for double the amount of ram there was no questions of what I had/need on the server
There was a request from me when I was asking for a quote from you for 1024+ ram ... correct you told me what yopu have given will be enough...

I will speak with Tony When were both online and can talk before I send you the Root Pass

I have requested the managment team to investigate deep the issue and to see if its a memory issue....

The recent issue with previous provider was wether or not they would be around long enough not the downtime etc..... Look here http://www.namepros.com/web-hosting-offers/191740-50-off-all-shared-reseller-plans.html
The last 4 weeks with them we had no downtime It was more a case of would we keep getting the service ( Server ) we were paying for.

•••
Alright, I hope the management team can sort this.

•••
Looks like it's running ok for now? Did the management team find anything?

•••
OH for goodness sake, Bonzer and AGS, please give it a rest - i dont understand why you to act so...violent.

You F and blind at people who say something you dont like, yet if something happens to you expect everyone to come running.

also, if you dont know how to opperate a server...dont get one!

A DDOS attack can not be controlled by your host, if you failed to install software to help prevent it then its 100% your problem.

I dont mean to sound rude, but you need to stop acting like kids when something goes wrong the "look mate..." and lines of caps realy doesnt do you any justice.

Last edited:
•••
rmwebs said:
I dont mean to sound rude

But you are rude.

Was there any need to come in and bump this thread by talking to me and bonzer like that????

You don't even know the whole story so it would have been better to have kept your comments to yourself. :)

•••
AGS said:
You don't even know the whole story so it would have been better to have kept your comments to yourself. :)

In that case...nobody who has already replied knows the whole story, i've read the thread...i hardly bumped it up, it was at the top of the warnings list and marked as unread...

AGS said:
Was there any need to come in and bump this thread by talking to me and bonzer like that????

What i said was hardly a direct attack or downfall about you & bonzer...it was an oppinion on the thread's subject...however it looks like you dont like the presence of people who arent 100% "on your side".

:gl: Out

•••
Can A Member of staff close this thread so that nobody can attack us personally when they have something against us ! and can bump when the issue is resolved.

Many Thanks

•••
rmwebs said:
...however it looks like you dont like the presence of people who arent 100% "on your side".

LOL it's not that.

It's obviously very clear that you don't like me and bonzer, that's OK we can handle it. But before you start berating us make sure you have the full story.
Only 3 of us know the full story and that is me, bonzer and Camron.

Whilst you are well within your rights to voice your opinion your time will be better spent doing some research on what a turnkey script is, as the claim in your signature is clearly false, because PHP is actually a turnkey script. :lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back