IT.COM

My NIGHTMARE with selectbyte!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

I bought a Dedicated server from SelectByte Servers, and at first the server wasn't install correctly when they put it online. So for 12 days my server was down. I issued a paypal chargeback see below: Image at ps3planet.us/proof.GIF

So then after this it took me another 2 days to get him to fix it, so I closed the case when it was fixed. So then he said I gave the server to a friend of mine (which I never did.) for an excuse to change my server root password. Which I never gave him the root password, he had to squeeze the password out of a friend of mine. See log below:

Log provided by my friend Otto.

(7:51 PM) Camron: u changed root password on the celeron?
(7:51 PM) -OY-: Who do you think
(7:51 PM) -OY-: is crossing the line
(7:51 PM) -OY-: what celeron?
(7:51 PM) Camron: the celeron dan gave u
(7:51 PM) Camron: cus i dont want him to get in
(7:51 PM) Camron: and screw network
(7:51 PM) Camron: or w/e
(7:51 PM) -OY-: uhhh
(7:51 PM) -OY-: its an******
(7:52 PM) Camron: kk

So then after I told him he better change my password back or I'll file another chargeback he finally changed it back, and I found out he had uninstalled mysql/apache webserver so I couldn't use the server. I told him to asked him to fix the server, and he refused saying it's unmanaged, which is false because he told me at first the server is managed when I was buying it.

Never EVER use selectbyte and go through the nightmare I did, NEVER! They infact ditched selectbyte because of too many complaints, hence started vpsbyte! see http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...26#post4196026

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

I am the OP from the VPSByte thread at WHT. I wish to recieve my refund and tell everyone about this company.

I'll be contacting several people that I know had troubles with this company to reveal more facts.

Thanks,
Otto

•••
to the op could you pls re-post the thread at wht i can't see a thing it says
Not Found
The requested URL /showthread...26 was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Ben-SSL/1.55 Server at webhostingtalk.com Port 80

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
dg0896 said:
Hello,

I bought a Dedicated server from SelectByte Servers, and at first the server wasn't install correctly when they put it online. So for 12 days my server was down. I issued a paypal chargeback see below: Image at ps3planet.us/proof.GIF

So then after this it took me another 2 days to get him to fix it, so I closed the case when it was fixed. So then he said I gave the server to a friend of mine (which I never did.) for an excuse to change my server root password. Which I never gave him the root password, he had to squeeze the password out of a friend of mine. See log below:

Log provided by my friend Otto.

(7:51 PM) Camron: u changed root password on the celeron?
(7:51 PM) -OY-: Who do you think
(7:51 PM) -OY-: is crossing the line
(7:51 PM) -OY-: what celeron?
(7:51 PM) Camron: the celeron dan gave u
(7:51 PM) Camron: cus i dont want him to get in
(7:51 PM) Camron: and screw network
(7:51 PM) Camron: or w/e
(7:51 PM) -OY-: uhhh
(7:51 PM) -OY-: its an******
(7:52 PM) Camron: kk

So then after I told him he better change my password back or I'll file another chargeback he finally changed it back, and I found out he had uninstalled mysql/apache webserver so I couldn't use the server. I told him to asked him to fix the server, and he refused saying it's unmanaged, which is false because he told me at first the server is managed when I was buying it.

Never EVER use selectbyte and go through the nightmare I did, NEVER! They infact ditched selectbyte because of too many complaints, hence started vpsbyte! see http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...26#post4196026

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. I hope you get everything sorted out with Camron :) Is it possible to file another complaint with PayPal?

•••
Since he decided not to give me a refund, I'm going to escalate my claim. Look how unethical this company is... 2 weeks with no VPS details and now, won't even honor a refund which when I signed up had a 30 day money back guaranteed.

Hello Otto,

As our terms of services are up to date, we do not provide such guarantee. A paypal claim is up to you, we have provided what service was purchased, it is your choice to do a chargeback, claim, etc.

Thanks for your email, if you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this email.

Thanks,

VPSByte.com

•••
I have my claim pending with paypal

They will see that he has several issues if everyone puts in complaints via paypal....

•••
All 3 of us have claims against him. I'll see if I can contact a friend's friend that works at Paypal to see what Paypal will do with these issues with multiple users wanting a chargeback.

•••
I really doubt that PayPal will grant the claims.

PayPal Buyer Complaint Process said:
Your purchase must be a tangible item. Services and intangible items, such as emailed recipes and e-books, are not covered.

•••
Joey said:
I really doubt that PayPal will grant the claims.
Do you have any personal experiences with this kind of claim with paypal ?

I had a very simlar problem about 18 months since and won that one ... got my rfund

•••
Do you have any personal experiences with this kind of claim with paypal ?

Actually, yes. I had a problem with a server provider around a year ago. I filed a claim with PayPal, and they told me they were unable to grant the claim because it wasn't a tangible item. Usually, as soon as PayPal realizes it isn't a tangible good, they'll close the case.

•••
I believe it will work because Paypal gives the benefit of the doubt to the user/buyer.

•••
Joey's correct, but if Camron doesn't even respond to the claim you'll automatically win.

•••
wow...more of this saga!

•••
Hello,

As for Dan, your server is over due 10+ days, and there was and is no issue with your server. The problem was you did not know how to setup name servers.

As for Colin/Otto, and Bonzer/AGS, it has already been explained in other threads.

To sum it up, Colin/Otto typed in the wrong email on signup, we sent the new vps information, they claimed not to receive it (even after sending it again and again-more than 3 times), so they started a dispute.

Bonzer/AGS did not have enough ram to support the multiple DDoS attacks to there server.

All 3 people here are claiming to have been scammed, however service has been provided to each one, and explained to each one individually. Is it really necessary to start multiple threads regarding the same issue. It is very funny how all of you have posted in all the threads that have been made by each one individually.

Dan,
We did not "ditch" selectbyte because of too many compaints, they are 2 different companies. One provides Colocation and Servers, another provides VPS; Hence SelectByte and VPSByte provides different services, we did not ditch because of complaints. The only complaints here are all 3 of you working together to bash our company.

Thanks,

•••
WTG Camron ......
Buddy paypal will decide on my issue.

Just seems kinda funny you have other complaints/issues/problems what ever you wish to call them
A 1 issue I can understand that customer would be wrong
B 2 issues Umm begin to think ......
C 3 issues there are problems within your company somewhere....

I'm not going to go into a mass shouting/slanging match within this thread .. You don't host me anymore I have moved to a better (In My Eyes) Host

good luck with the outcome Guys :)

EDIT BTW We are not working together to bash your company I dunno which sky that idea fell from .... lol

Last edited:
•••
Quite funny how ALL of you are doing the same thing though. Using our services, Bashing our services, Getting your money back via paypal on our services.

You think you have been scammed however I have bought licenses, etc, for the servers and you think you guys can just use our services, and get away with the money because you did not like that we don't allow users to abuse us.

•••
wow.. seriously.. ive never had any problems with selectbyte... I have a few friends with servers who never had problems there! and they have friends going to camron too!

what kind of crap is this?

oh and otto.. I thought you and camron got along? I mean.. I was talkin with you guys in MSN for a while and it seemed like you were getting along fine.. whats the matter here?

oh and AGS didnt this happen to you and other companies before??

are you like planning to take camron out?

Last edited:
•••
Camron, we asked for you to resend the emails to me multiple times to several different emails.

The MSN logs can prove that you purposely changed passwords on Dan's server because you thought he would ruin your unprotected network that is freely available for DDoSing.

•••
oh wow after remote assistancing Otto I saw the logs.. and wow.. I am shocked..

the facts are all there.. and you cant argue.. sorry camron..

•••
-ST-George said:
oh and AGS didnt this happen to you and other companies before??

are you like planning to take camron out?

No buddy we are not planning to take him out. We just happened to use his service and found it to be utterly hopeless.

We just want our money back.

We have moved on now to a far more reliable host and when we get our money back we will consider the case closed.

•••
AGS, refresh your page and read one post above you. I remote assistanced him and even George (Camron's friend and assistance) admitted that it was nothing but the truth.

•••
Well Otto,

Money has been refunded as I have talked with a few people and I hope this can be sorted. This was a mis understanding from both sides.

Thanks.

•••
Misunderstanding, no. But with enough facts to prove what is right. I finally got a refund.

Good luck to Bonzer/AGS on getting a refund as I standed up and got it.

I'll be talking to Bonzer/AGS and will get them sorted out as well as I still got the proof of scamming.

Dan, I can't do anything because I was at a public computer and I had no logs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back