Dynadot

Wondering about this

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello. I currently have a dedicated server company which is greatly mis-treating me. I try to help my customers, but if they don't do their job, I am unable to do mine. I currently am with a company that offers full 100% 24/7 managed servers. My first server with them was excellent. Great support/ect.
Soon after I got my second server and cancelled the first server after transfering, I was spending well over $180 with them. Their support started to slow down and it took over 10 hours for response, all they said that its fixed. Well it wasn't. They have lied and just said it was my isp. I asked many people and they said they coundn't see it either. I used proxy and could'nt see it. It was obviosly down. Our uptime is about 90% which is very sad. They have scammed me if I am correct. They are not replying via im/ticket center or email. Poor support. And recently I found out that there is only 1 person working for the company running multiple servers and has a lot of "vacations". He is off 90% of the time.

Any suggestions what should I do. I can sue them since uptime has dropped. And installation of CentOS was a corrupt version which messed up many things. At the moment I am paying $70/hour for 2 techs to fix the server when I'm paying this company $50/mo extra to fix minor problems when they say no they just add something to there tos to say we wont fix that problem.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry to hear your probs, why not just move companies, this sounds like the prob I had last year , only my server was fine the 1st month hen the comany wanted another $90 a mth for securiy on it....whynot post tecompany nme see if anyone ele has had probs with them

•••
want us to suggest companies?

•••
Well I just ordered 5 VPS's maby this would do the trick (somewhere other than that place)

I now know for sure that they where shutting off HTTPD and NAMED many times while I was turning it back up, then they turn if off, like some kind of game they like playing.

If you want to know the company PM me.

Regards,

•••
Ya, personally I think you made the right decision in finding a new host. True, suing them would probably be successful, but how much are you really going to gain from that? You may get some cash, but the way you describe the company, they are not very big, and therefore not going to have a lot to sue for. You also have to take into consideration whether it is worth your time and the legal fees for the whole process...I say just cut your losses, and move on.

•••
:imho: usually it's good advise to stay with a hosting company long term and that you want to "grow" with also and know better the owner, but in this scenario
StackedTech said:
He is off 90% of the time.
i think they don't like your business anymore and don't want you to stay so my suggestion is to transfer to another server company that will like your business.

i was just wondering..
StackedTech said:
Soon after I got my second server and cancelled the first server after transfering,
well i think you have the right to do that since you are not transferring companies but stayed with them just transfer on another server of theirs..

•••
Thanks weblord. I have transfered companies and am loving it already!

Regards,

•••
•••
Do you mean any coupons? Yes actualy here is where I bought the new ones http://x1services.com/
The coupon is theopteron50
This gets you on a opteron server (dual) for 50% off. Great deal. I may buy a few more from them. Excellent speeds and very fast support. I don't regret going with them.

Regards,

•••
now you're talking :) thanks. somehow I woke you up.
which of these?
Canadian Based Split Dedicated Server

Canadian Based Dedicated Server

Canadian Based Unmetered Dedicated Server
i hope the 200bucks :)

•••
Actualy I got a USA Based (in ThePlanet) server. Its a Dedicated, not split. I also bought 2 VPS from them and resold them. Great service, excellent support and uptime. A++ to x1services.com

Regards,

•••
i see the U.S.$500/monthly or the U.S.$600/monthly? for those prices i could "kill" if it were down lol

•••
Actualy I used some coupon codes , and are you talking about X1Services? Actualy Right now I'm with X1Services and there excellent. No downtime so far, excellent support.

My previos company, I told them about leaving and they said this
"does not matter if u leave because we have so many 1 wont make a difference"

That was exact quote from there msn. I will not put his msn thing in front of it as it has words that will be blocked by this forums.
Very poor company they where.

X1Services is great though :)

Regards,

•••
By the way the domain was hostingdepartment.net aka hdserversolutions.com and if they say they been in business since 1999 thats a full lie. They registered there domain 4 months ago.

Don't trust that company.

Regards,
Camron

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back