Dynadot

My NIGHTMARE with selectbyte!

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello,

I bought a Dedicated server from SelectByte Servers, and at first the server wasn't install correctly when they put it online. So for 12 days my server was down. I issued a paypal chargeback see below: Image at ps3planet.us/proof.GIF

So then after this it took me another 2 days to get him to fix it, so I closed the case when it was fixed. So then he said I gave the server to a friend of mine (which I never did.) for an excuse to change my server root password. Which I never gave him the root password, he had to squeeze the password out of a friend of mine. See log below:

Log provided by my friend Otto.

(7:51 PM) Camron: u changed root password on the celeron?
(7:51 PM) -OY-: Who do you think
(7:51 PM) -OY-: is crossing the line
(7:51 PM) -OY-: what celeron?
(7:51 PM) Camron: the celeron dan gave u
(7:51 PM) Camron: cus i dont want him to get in
(7:51 PM) Camron: and screw network
(7:51 PM) Camron: or w/e
(7:51 PM) -OY-: uhhh
(7:51 PM) -OY-: its an******
(7:52 PM) Camron: kk

So then after I told him he better change my password back or I'll file another chargeback he finally changed it back, and I found out he had uninstalled mysql/apache webserver so I couldn't use the server. I told him to asked him to fix the server, and he refused saying it's unmanaged, which is false because he told me at first the server is managed when I was buying it.

Never EVER use selectbyte and go through the nightmare I did, NEVER! They infact ditched selectbyte because of too many complaints, hence started vpsbyte! see http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...26#post4196026

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bonzer/AGS, I would do a refund but at the moment paypal has the funds on hold. Dan, there was no issues with your server, apache was not working because the server was suspended due to non payment.

Thanks.

•••
Camron, not really, no. You thought he gave the server to me and you took it out of his hands without even consulting both of us. You did it because he thought that Dan was a threat to your network without any facts.

Just to clear things up.

Also, thread will be closed after Bonzer/AGS recieves their refund.

Last edited:
•••
Otto, this thread was not even started by you, telling me you will be closing it is really out of the question. Bonzer/AGS will not be getting a refund as we have already been through this, this is like poking a dead dog with stick. It's been weeks, starting multiple threads and threatening me is really no solution.

•••
That isn't threatning, I'll be contacting Bonzer/AGS to give them more sensitive information via remote assistance to prove that you were nothing but scamming them. George can also prove this because of the recent remote assistance.

They can contact Paypal with the truth.

And to any mods or admins out there, this thread is clearly here to educate people about this company and the company's practices. I wouldn't mind if you close it but please do not delete it as this post had 2 main purposes, getting back what we were taken out of and educating people about this. Thank you for your understanding.

•••
Wow if sum1 had a bad company and a person complained.. the owner cant just ask to close the thread

•••
Me and bonzer will no longer be partaking in this thread, we have presented all our evidence to PayPal and it is now in their hands.

@ZestNetwork
Please feel free to send us as much info as you have, many thanks buddy. :)

•••
I won't be participating in this thread unless necessary so that I can let the public have a say about this.

Last edited:
•••
Just closing facts, even though the thread is old as dirt. Camron, your guys didn't hook up my server right and your company is by far the worst I've dealt with, you are very unprofessional so don't act like you are in the posts, the logs prove it all. Just a word of warning when three people have problems with you guys, you should begin to worry. :S

•••
AGS said:
Me and bonzer will no longer be partaking in this thread, we have presented all our evidence to PayPal and it is now in their hands.

@ZestNetwork
Please feel free to send us as much info as you have, many thanks buddy. :)

I made this reply even though We said we were not going to I felt I needed to.

dg0896 said:
Just closing facts, even though the thread is old as dirt. Camron, your guys didn't hook up my server right and your company is by far the worst I've dealt with, you are very unprofessional so don't act like you are in the posts, the logs prove it all. Just a word of warning when three people have problems with you guys, you should begin to worry. :S

Camron was professional After around one week with us trying to get our refund and When I cancelled the paypal dispute he made a full refund as he promised..

One thing should be clear maybe Camron as more on his plate than he can handle... Just my $0.02 Maybe he needs staff .. But he did the right thing and refunded us in full.

•••
Maybe because of pressure from the community? I think this thread has served it's purpose..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back