.us Sedo.us/uk finally nabs Sedo.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aww

Established Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow. they must have paid a pretty penny for it. The site was live not too long ago. I can bookmark the .com now :D

•••
•••
•••
Freakfer what is your source?

•••
Wow thats a pretty penny.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I was going to say, "Poor Arthur Sedo!", but I guess for $80,000 he's lucky Arthur Sedo! :)

•••
•••
I am sure IRS is knocking on his door right now, heh. But nice problem to have.

Unfortunately it doesn't make my all-time-sales list since it's under $100k.

ps. forum is doing the weird no post error now, feels overloaded?

•••
This is a good move for Sedo. Firstmost, it shows they're serious about their business. That's a good sign!

•••
80k is big bucks but i guess they needed the domain real badly . well just a thought a domain brokerage company should have the foresight to check if the .com is available when planning the name ....shouldnt they ?

•••
Sweet, finally they are all good :D

•••
Originally posted by Bill1
well just a thought a domain brokerage company should have the foresight to check if the .com is available when planning the name ....shouldnt they ?

That was what I thought too :) If I want to have a serious business online, I would first check if the domain of .com version available or not? Then decide to use which domain.

•••
So either Sedo was smart to do it this way or they couldn't think of a short creative .com to use, so they did it backwards? :lol:

•••
I once contacted Arturo and suggested (philanthropically, of course) the potential his site had for doing something domain related (ie hosting, web design etc) and to get another name for his consulting business. I see he was smart and didn't follow my suggestion.

•••
Originally posted by Grrilla
I once contacted Arturo and suggested (philanthropically, of course) the potential his site had for doing something domain related (ie hosting, web design etc) and to get another name for his consulting business. I see he was smart and didn't follow my suggestion.

Is that a true story? :-/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back