Dynadot

Sedo.com question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Payton1

Impact
My domain name is Revenuerising.com, and I only listed it for $100. What's the punishment on Sedo.com for cancelling a domain sold with a transfer in progress, so I can change the buy now price from $100 to $500?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just fulfill your obligation, deliver the domain to the buyer.

•••
•••
•••
Continue the transfer and consider the experience as a valuable lesson that you paid $400 to learn.

•••
What a zany thread - why would anyone list a domain for $100 (minus 15-25% commission), especially a 2-word .COM that actually makes sense? Usually I would say "just sell it" but $100 for that domain looks like an obvious typo error.

In answer to your question, if you renege (just say it was a typo and you meant to price it as $1,000 - I've had that one fed to me before, so all's fair) and Sedo might just go away.

If they don't and require the transfer to go through, then if you don't they'll close your account there. How valuable your Sedo account is to you is for you to decide.

And no, you can't renegotiate for $500, which IMO is still too low.

Last edited:
•••
Honour the deal, and learn your lesson.

•••
Good name.
Cancel the sale and relist it for $50,000

•••
Did you know you listed it for $100 when you created the listing? If you did, then go through with the deal. If it was an HONEST mistake, you could explain your situation and ask them to let you out of the deal. But abide by their decision.

Otherwise, Sedo will likely at the least temporarily suspend you from their platform. Possibly permanently.

If you knew you listed it for $100 and you refuse to sell the domain, I would hope the suspension is permanent.

I just had this happen to me. I bought a domain on GoDaddy. The seller, an experienced domainer, claimed an error caused GoDaddy to change the price. GoDaddy admitted to me they found no such error. Yet they let him out of the deal and he relisted the domain at more than 10x my purchase price.

•••
Honor the deal. Maybe buyer was only willing to pay $100 max anyway. Domain is mediocre tbh. Buyers and sellers remorse happen.

•••
•••
might be account suspension.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back