Domain Empire

Sedo parking - are they serious?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wattaman

Impact
Sedo parking just informed me that they took my earnings away (just before they were to pay me, reaching my first 50$) because my domain was receiving traffic from "unnatural sources". I asked them what do they mean by "unnatural", 'cause to me it sounds like supernatural, unreal, but haven't got an answer yet.
Here's their message:
"Routine traffic audits indicate that the traffic to your parked domains is not in accordance with Sedo‘s terms and conditions and does not meet requirements set by our advertising partner.
Our parking program allows only traffic from natural sources, such as type-in traffic, search engine results, or old/expiring links from other websites. Other forms of traffic, whether incentivized, purchased, or created by any artificial means, are not tolerated.
After careful review, and to maintain the integrity of click prices and the quality of Sedo’s parking program, your account was blocked for parking and the accumulated click balance generated by your domains has been forfeited in accordance with our Terms of Use."

What unclear to me is:
- "type-in traffic, search engine results, or old/expiring links" - is there any other kind of traffic, except the search engine bots' visits?
- "Other forms of traffic, whether incentivized, purchased" - are they suggesting that I pay people to visit my parked domain?
Anyway, their TOS is unclear, as they usually are, so they can say anything they want without actually being written there.
But to clarify rhis, and I told them as well, I have no idea of any other kind of traffic that may exist and I also don't know or care about how the visitors come to the parked domain. I CANNOT control this, couldn't do it before, when I was hosting the domain, and even less now, when they are hosting it.

So, the question remains, are they serious, legit company? Are you guys using them, do they send you the earnings? Any other bad things I should know about Sedoparking?
Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use Chrome. I went through the settings and I couldn't find anything that could justify the inability to see my pages. I tried with one that is set on portal and I could see it but I haven't tried with all of them...
Can you tell me why you think is a problem with my computer Rmaden? I would be totally happy to solve it!!!!
Thanks guys

•••
Portal

OK .i have one opened on 2 browsers now where the ads -show on one and not in the other-the one that does not show i have a blocked cookies program on-if i change to portal-PORTAL SHOWS-so i know the the site works---OK on the one that works with portal-that is because the portal is a Sedo page. On the site page that is EMPTY.type in your URL-or REFRESH- and look closely-if you can use the red crush template(not necessary) but that is the one i am looking at.

Across the top you will see 2 elongated blocks--you will quickly
see "related searches/items" CLICK ON THAT!!-if you miss it refresh so you see where it shows and then be ready to click on it.IF IT IS SEDO- the link will take you to a 404 GOOGLE AD ERROR link-If not???/ I am sure it will.MAKE SURE U MENTION YOUR BROWSER.

Sedo had this problem for a few weeks when they changed templates @august when google changed a few things.
So if you get the error link--save it--go on Sedo either chat or support--they are quick to answer.If you use CHAT best to put the link and your info on a page and past it and send -then they can see it quickly--START YOUR REQUEST --GLITCH INCIDENT --as i did -info below--GOOD LUCK

""""""""'GLITCH Incident:142xxxxxxxxxx]
Date : xxxxx, 2013 01:57 PM Response Dear xxxxxxxxx
The reference number for your question is '142xxxxxxx'.
You should receive a response by email from our support department in the order that it was received
Please note that the customer support team is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST.
Kind regards,Your Sedo Team""""""""""

THE reason i said "Click on quickly" is because if that link worked
"related searches" that should lead to the "related page ads for your site" instead it disappears-so u may have to refresh....

Last edited:
•••
Photonmymind

I just clicked on the related searches- and sure enough it took me to the google adsense troubleshoot page--so there is a real possibility
the link is down.That is in my firefox browser-the url in my chrome is fine---this is the link it took me to.If you see this after clicking on the related--then it is Sedo's glitch--good luck.

(https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/1631343?rd=1)

That's the best i can do for you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back