IT.COM

advice Sedo moved all my domains from tier 1 to tier 2 without informing me

Spaceship
Watch

pab1

Impact
I have parked my domains over at Sedo and February shows earnings of nearly $800 (although they haven't reported the payment information yet - today being March 3rd). My domains where averaging $5 per day in revenue.

Up to today all of my domains where monetized with their tier 1 advertisers (presumably Google) and where doing well. I logged in today to see if they had produced their payment report only to find that they had blocked my domains from tier 1 advertisers and moved them all to their tier 2 advertisers... It's killed my earnings!!!

Does anyone know how and why Sedo would do this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let us know domain or 2 and we will tell you why. Google did that, not Sedo.

•••
you can visit this site here:
http://fail.namewest.com/

and set all the domains in question for bulk checking

I think the result will enlighten you :)

•••
Thanks guys for coming back to me.

What is interesting is that I run all the domains through blacklis.com to check they are not blacklisted by Google whilst I'm researching each domain before I buy it to make sure it's clean... in both http: and www. formats .

The domains that are now showing as failed in fail.namewest.com (thanks Hypersot for this tool) where clean in blacklis when I found them... wow enlightened if not a bit confused.

They had been producing reported income on tier 1 for all of Feb, only now to be moved to tier 2. Here's 2 of my domains that where making almost $15 per day...

medicaltranscription-services.com
toponlinedegreeprograms.com

It's odd that they where on tier 1 for a month, then dropped to tier 2 at the start of a new one. Or am I reading too much into it?! I would have thought that Google would have blocked them much sooner than that.

Thanks guys, any more info would be much appreciated.

•••
Thanks for letting us know. I would guess TopOnlineDegreePrograms.com didnt have much of Type in traffic. Its 4 word .com with approx. 260 exact searches. As I can see its not the typo of any similar site. So the question is, how the hell did that 1 get traffic?

•••
Well, from a quick look:
-both domains have no indexed pages in any search engine (ie. no search traffic)
-both domains have no serious backlinks (ie. no ref. traffic)
-the degreeprogams domain was parked before you got it
-the medical domain's site (from history) looked *exactly* like the current single backlink site which leads me to believe that it used to belong to a connected-sites group (something that google doesn't like at all)

all in all, there are signs that show that, if those domains have traffic, it doesn't seem very legitimate... hence the block.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back