IT.COM

question Sedo Keyword Domain Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chaz1

Upgraded Member
Impact
Has anyone had any names approved for Sedo's Keyword Auction?

Sedo is very vague about what type of domains go into their Auction. If you have any examples of past Sedo Keyword Auctions and the domains that were approved, please share.

Thanks Again & Stay Safe!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Sedo's Marketplace Keyword Domain Auction (May21-28) is a premiere so there are no past auctions to compare.

I can tell you from experience that their GreatDomains auctions are hard to get accepted into.

Here's an article about a few domains accepted into one of their GreatDomains auctions last year: https://domainnamewire.com/2019/04/22/centric-com-tops-great-domains-auction-with-three-days-to-go/
It will be interesting to see what they are going for in terms of keywords. Thank you for the Reply

•••
It will be interesting to see what they are going for in terms of keywords. Thank you for the Reply
I imagine they will only chose from the very top searched generic keywords.
eg: weather, translate, news, maps, shop, fashion, etc.
They are allowing two-keyword domains, so my guess is they will rank each word and choose the combinations with the highest scores.

Your welcome. Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
I had SmartBand.org accepted....

•••
I also want to know the same Chaz1. :) Its really tricky or I guess needs to be super KW.

•••
I also want to know the same Chaz1. :) Its really tricky or I guess needs to be super KW.
I will let you know if any of mine get accepted. Thanks for the reply!

•••
•••
I imagine they will only chose from the very top searched generic keywords.
eg: weather, translate, news, maps, shop, fashion, etc.
They are allowing two-keyword domains, so my guess is they will rank each word and choose the combinations with the highest scores.

Your welcome. Good luck!
Is there a website or resource that tells you the top keywords or rankings being searched?

•••
•••
•••
Hmm dont see many of those selling even for 99 bucks.

•••
Hmm dont see many of those selling even for 99 bucks.
Yes. Sort of Interesting what they have chosen. Lets see how this plays out. I hope all the listing do well. Thank you for the reply!

•••
They accepted my

SinglesClub.net

•••
•••
Well I wasn't expecting anything amazing as part of the terms is no reserve so they're only going to get poor names.

•••

That is really helpful! A few personal observations
  • So they mainly contain one, or occasionally two keywords that make sense together. So yes, indeed a keyword auction.
  • To me, some of them suggest that they are open to rather specialized keywords and not just huge ones.
  • By terms of auction no reserve.
  • The main thing that surprised me were a ton of .net and a fair number of .org, along with the .com. Certainly to this point .com is not dominant. Probably related to no reserve, at least partly.
  • EDIT - only .com, .net and .org allowed I see.
  • While a few related to hot current trends like distance health or education, most do not seem to be.
Thanks again. @Bearded Goat!

Bob

Last edited:
•••
•••
How did you apply it? Did you srnd email or site has a section for it?
  • You sign into your Sedo account (must already have domains there).
  • Then you select the domain name you want to add. then select the Promote Domain tab.
  • From there choose first item, Keyword Domain Auction.
  • Certify that you have read the terms and instructions, choose language, set reserve (99 only allowed).
  • They will tell you in three days max.
I just tried a couple.
Bob

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I applied it. Now.my domain status is not for sale. Is it normal?

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back