Dynadot

Sedo down?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Most services of Sedo seem to be down, including: login, making offer, parking pages.
Or is it just me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Both,

The marketplace was partially not available yesterday due to a security update, I can confirm that this has now been fully resolved. Please accept our apologies for any downtime and any inconvenience caused.

All the best

Chris

•••
Today another Sedo experience.

I try to change prices in my domain management. Choose the name (search box), name appears, click the price box, waiting ... site is working ... another cup of of coffee, then the whole domain management loads again in alphabetical order.

But it doesn´t matter as their buyers don´t pay because they are no buyers. Neither humans nor machines recognize at Sedo that a company located in the city of Moscow and in the country Qatar could be a joke. They wait five weeks for BIN payment, remind several times and do their dunning process. So they tell me. Of course!

@Sedo is almost any time down , not working properly on any browser (login, can't verify traffic, change price's etc..)
I don't know what is happen but i am disappointed at this point
Also this is a problem for a potential buyer if want to buy a domain
With this tech problem Sedo will lose clients & this clients moved to other platforms , not to mention Sedo not promote other TLD's than .com & organise some auctions where nobody bid ( ex: .global) , but refuse to promote .us , .pro , .cc , .biz , .info , .net etc..in special auctions as they do with .global or .space etc..
Personal still intend to use Sedo but if not see any improvment i will move to others

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo

Yesterday i got an email from sedo, one of my domain was sold through sedoMLS at Namecheap.

Today you people were cancelled due to security measure.

I was provided with the buyers details to sue them. Please have a look. How come they were able to create an account with those details and how come namecheap sent you a preauthorized sale without verifying buyer's details or payment?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 2.png
    2.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 3.png
    3.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
•••
Last few weeks @Sedo is very unstable...
And sometimes very slow...

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo
Do you monitor your uptime and performance???
Last few weeks sedo.com is lagging everyday many times... including all domains pointed to your new landers...
Looks like very bad and unreliable CDN... Use another.

Last edited:
•••
Slow load time and malfunctioning for me as well.
Also here, sleep mode for hours now. I am just checking my domain management but cannot continue.

•••
Today another Sedo experience.

I try to change prices in my domain management. Choose the name (search box), name appears, click the price box, waiting ... site is working ... another cup of of coffee, then the whole domain management loads again in alphabetical order.

But it doesn´t matter as their buyers don´t pay because they are no buyers. Neither humans nor machines recognize at Sedo that a company located in the city of Moscow and in the country Qatar could be a joke. They wait five weeks for BIN payment, remind several times and do their dunning process. So they tell me. Of course!

•••
Nothing fixed...
The same fast period during few hours was yesterday... and then nightmare again and again...

And verification is still pending...
Almost 24h already on the domain with Sedo nameservers and non-private WHOIS...

Last edited:
•••
Hi All,

Thank you for all your comments.

Some customers may have experienced that our website could only be accessed intermittently yesterday. We have been working on rectifying this issue and apologise for the inconvenience caused by the down time. I am happy to confirm that most of our services are now running as normal and our Tech Team continue working on bringing the website back up to 100% performance once again as soon as possible.

All the best.
Chris

•••
Slow load and malfunctioning for me as well.
tWRMDka.png

Last edited:
•••
Sedo is extremely slow.
How do you want to sell domains if the Landing-Pages take forever to be loading up?

Maybe Sedo should not be hosting their website with IONOS ? :cautious:

•••
•••
•••
yeah, it is completely slow today.

Maybe it's time to launch my own Domain-Marketplace. :whistle:

Last edited:
•••
Regarding unpaid domains...
I already said in another thread - set BINs and forget.
Don't use Sedo as MakeOffer platform.

•••
Hi Larion,

Thanks for getting back and Im glad to read that you are no longer having this issue. If this does happen again then please send a screenshot and I will report it to our Tech Team asap.

Have a great day!
Chris

•••
Hi all,

Just an update.

I have spoken to our Tech Team and can confirm that some customers may have been effected by the CSS file not loading on certain occasions. I am happy to confirm that this has been fully resolved by our Tech Team as of 1pm CET today.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to inform us about this, we appreciate this, your understanding and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Have a great day!
Chris

•••
Hi Larion,

Thanks for getting back and Im glad to read that you are no longer having this issue. If this does happen again then please send a screenshot and I will report it to our Tech Team asap.

Have a great day!
Chris

still CSS-issues or whatever it is.
issue happened when already being logged-in and clicking onto "Domains anbieten".
issue happened today.
screenshot attached.

sedo-css-missing.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I predict that @Sedo not do something with this tech problems in ONE year will be DEAD

dead.png

•••
•••
@Sedo

Automatic verification (via TXT-code) does not work at the moment.
Please fix.

Hi Larion,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

You are correct, automatic verification in not currently working correctly when using the ownership verification number. Our security team are manually checking domains while our Tech Team are aware of this issue and are working on resolving this without delay.

We apologise if it takes a little longer to approve the domains and we can assure you we will fix this as soon as possible.

All the best
Chris

•••
No, Namecheap just redirects to Sedo page when you press "BuyNow" on Namecheap search page...

+ Namecheap has very long cache of SedoMLS prices... few days or even week...
For example, last weekend I have updated my prices on Sedo - but still OLD prices at Namecheap.
@Sedo - contact this registrar and force them to show your prices realtime like Dynadot does.

•••
•••
Sedo is extremely slow.
How do you want to sell domains if the Landing-Pages take forever to be loading up?

Maybe Sedo should not be hosting their website with IONOS ? :cautious:
They don't use Ionos.
They use the following CDN: https://akamai.com

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back