NameSilo

advice Sedo - Domain transfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johsnow

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I have sold a domain through Sedo but now they are asking me to extend the registration.

There are still 11 days left until the domain expires.

Is there any way to avoid the renewal? Should I ask them for a push which would be over very quickly or renew the domain immediately?

Best Regards,

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As far as I know transfer process may take two to three weeks at Sedo, you can try to ask them for immediate push if buyer want to keep domain at same registrar (which may take couple days just to get answer :D), but I don't think that's how they go about business.
Also,. normally seller would renew name anyway, when it,s so close to expiring unless stated otherwise!

Last edited:
•••
Has buyer paid for the domain? You can request to wait until buyer pays, but you will definitely need to renew the domain to proceed with the sale.

(b) Should the registration of a Domain that is the subject of a purchase and sale transaction be in risk of expiring with its relevant Domain registrar, or if the expiration date lies within the next sixty (60) days from the date when an agreement is made for the purchase and sale of the Domain, Seller agrees to renew the Domain registration and is solely responsible for any costs or fees associated with such renewal. Buyer and Seller are each respectively responsible for any related fees charged by his/her registrar and/or service provider.

•••
One time I requested a push and they only responded stating it has to be transferred to the buyers preferred registrar. I don't think the rep is going to contact your buyer and explain he must receive it at GoDaddy because it's about to expire and the owner doesn't want to renew.

The courteous thing to do would be to renew it, I don't think your buyer would appreciate paying a premium price for something you were going to let expire.

But, I don't think it's a requirement. You could wait and see if the transaction completes within the 11 days, and if it doesn't, you still have up to a week after the actual expiration date to renew, or maybe longer, I forget.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you all for the reply, appreciated. I renewed the domain and shortly after that Sedo sent me instructions to push the domain to Sedo account.

•••
Hi,

I bought your domain through sedo, as a gesture I will send you $10 via paypal for the renewal, this has happened to me before when selling a domain close to renewal , please shoot me over your paypal and I will send straight away.

Thanks

Stu

•••
Hi Stu,

Thank you. I sent you an email.

Regards

•••
I bought your domain through sedo, as a gesture I will send you $10 via paypal for the renewal, this has happened to me before when selling a domain close to renewal , please shoot me over your paypal and I will send straight away.

@mrcurly, You just earned my trust to do business with, should the occasion arise. Very thoughtful. (y)

Last edited:
•••
@DNVantage

Thank you for your kind words :)

Cheers

Stu

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back