IT.COM

Sedo does not respect parked domain congurations anymore?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is it just me? Each and every domain I have parked with Sedo that is using "Manual" related links configuration - ("Using the "Manual" related links option, you can enter keywords to be displayed on the parking page. These keywords will be displayed in the order in which you entered them.") - started to show "default" google-generated set of related links instead. Which are nonsense in many cases.

Not only this. I have a domain - lets say "blue sky" dot something (made-up example for the purposes of this post). For which I manually entered a set of 10 carefully selected related links about airline tickets, weather and others that are directly related to domain term. At the time of this writing, all these links disappeared. Google decided that the domain should serve links about Funds Management (and Sedo did not overwrite these links with mine). Why Funds Management? I know why. There is one Asset management company called "Blue Sky LLC". Thanks to Sedo misconfiguration, they may now sue me or start an UDRP on me because I am capitalizing on their trademarks simply by parking the domain with links related to asset management!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yes, indeed. Another related thread, however, contains an answer from another parking company ("our upstream ad provider doesn't give an option to remove keywords anymore") which appears to be an answer to a different question. _Filtering out_ some keywords from a list that google suggests is technically not an option for a very long time. This is true. NOT USING the whole set of keywords that google suggests is still an option at Sedo account (where is stopped working), Uniregistry (works fine), Fabulous (works fine), Bodis (works but manual kws can only be added by support guys afaik).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back