Dynadot

question Where Does Sedo Obtain The Related Links Advertisements?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sitesellerz

Impact
After looking on Sedo's site re parked domains, I cannot figure out where they obtain the links in the "Related Links" section. I don't see any link on their site for advertisers, so they must use another advertising network, right? Any idea which one?

Ideally, I would like to create my own similar set of related links for parked domains. However, most of the advertising networks that I have found require unique content and are therefore not suitable for a parked domain. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
So how would you set up something similar for a domain without using an existing parked domain service?

•••
So how would you set up something similar for a domain without using an existing parked domain service?

You can't, unless you have hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per day.

•••
Ok, but I want to understand how it actually works. My understanding of Adwords is that an advertiser (e.g., provider of a good/service, a member of an affiliate network who is ultimately promoting a good/service, etc.) pays Google for an ad to be placed in search results. However, the links we are talking about are not in Google search results, they are on a random, unused domains. Is there a different Google Adword product/program that the domain parking companies utilize?

•••
Ideally, I would like to create my own similar set of related links for parked domains. However, most of the advertising networks that I have found require unique content

You can create your own ad server and do anything you like. Just like I've done - advow.com . First start with your domains or websites. You can later invite others to join the network.

•••
Google will not allow ads on pages without real content. Parking companies are not using Google AdWords.

Last edited:
•••
Google will not allow ads on pages without real content. Parking companies are not using Google AdWords.

Go to chronic.com. It appears to be hosted by Sedo. Click on the first link "Chronic." If you mouse over the first (and only) link, it will show the domain of the link as Google. Then click on the link and you will see "GoogleAds" as a parameter in the URL. If it's not Google AdWords, then what is it exactly?

•••
Assuming that this is a Google AdWord (I don't know if it is):
I am Pres. Grump style simply shooting from the hip and may be, like he is often, dead wrong - but it may have to do with that the PPC do not go directly from the parked page to the final ad, that they go to an interim page that seems to have some sort of content on it and only ONE ad.

This is incidentally, another Google Adwords rule: no more than 3 Adwords links visible at a time, per a page.

---

This is the flip side, but this guy got his AdWords account or campaign banned or disapproved because he pointed the ad to a SEDO parked domain:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity..../Domain-changed-adds-disapproved/td-p/214217#

Last edited:
•••
Back