TheOwner

Mister Three LetterEstablished Member
Impact
okay if a person accepted my bid
for his/her domain on sedo. now I
MUST BUY IT? I HAVE NO CHOICE?

please explain...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TheOwner said:
okay if a person accepted my bid
for his/her domain on sedo. now I
MUST BUY IT? I HAVE NO CHOICE?

please explain...

Righto ... Congratulations on the purchase! :tu:
-Jeff B-)

•••
^may i dare ask... what happens if you
just ignore the domain owners acceptance
of your proposal? what will sedo do?

•••
You entered in to a binding contract at the time you placed the bid ... remember the repeated disclaimers that came up when you were making it? :gl:

What do you mean by "just ignore"? Why would you do that?!? :o
If I were the Seller I would expect you to live up to your side of the contract ... regardless of venue, IMHO.
B-)

•••
^yes i am going to live up to it for sure.
b/c yes i did place the bid. i just found out
it is not as good as i thought. so oh well ill
just put it in my folder for a while and hang on
to it. im new to this...

Thanks for your help jeff.

•••
^^ :bingo:

You're welcome. :)

PS. What is the domain name?
B-)

•••
They should ban you for breaching a conract. Generally, the domain owner could take legal action as well if they wish. When making an offer, you are legally agreeing to make the purchase. In addition, it is not fair to the seller to tie up their domain in a closing when you don't intend to follow through.

I appear to have a deadbeat at afternic who has done the same to me. Afternic just sent the second letter informing they are in violation and that the seller (me) could take legal action.

I have had send thoughts or buyers remorse myself a few times, but have always honored my agreement and made the purchase. You can always buy and then resell again to protect your reputation.

•••
^indeed, i would not stoop to the
level of backing out etc. thats trashy.
i will buy. for sure. thanks.

•••
may i ask what the url maybe you could find someone who wants it more

•••
TheOwner said:
^indeed, i would not stoop to the
level of backing out etc. thats trashy.
i will buy. for sure. thanks.

Good Show...Living up to your side of the bargain is one step to being a better domaineer and another step closer to being an asset to all domaineers.

•••
^yes truth to that.

domain is www.gbarom.com (hits are at bottom of page)

•••
Its good you decided to honor your bid.

Although, it would be nice if Sedo could hold sellers to the same standard by requiring them to sell if the asking price is met. With Sedo, it seems that the asking price is not binding to the seller. :(

•••
Speaking of which, what happened to that high & mighty "chat.de" sale at SEDO? It's no longer in their recent sales list, a remorseful buyer perhaps?

•••
phptech said:
Speaking of which, what happened to that high & mighty "chat.de" sale at SEDO? It's no longer in their recent sales list, a remorseful buyer perhaps?

Not necessarily. Sedo's "recent sale" isn't like Afternic's recent sale list, where you have everything listed by date, and you can go back to historical sales as far as forever. Sedo merely highlights the sales they want to highlight. Right now, for example, they have commerce.com in that list. Yet it says in the whois that "Record last updated on 15-Jul-2004." which means that the sale must have occurred at least six months ago, likely much more.

This is the lack of transparency I was talking about that's frustrating with Sedo.

•••
armstrong said:
Not necessarily. Sedo's "recent sale" isn't like Afternic's recent sale list, where you have everything listed by date, and you can go back to historical sales as far as forever. Sedo merely highlights the sales they want to highlight. Right now, for example, they have commerce.com in that list. Yet it says in the whois that "Record last updated on 15-Jul-2004." which means that the sale must have occurred at least six months ago, likely much more.

This is the lack of transparency I was talking about that's frustrating with Sedo.

I agree 100%. I've actually never understood, why couldn't they disclose all the sold names and prices (except of course if there is a confidentiality agreement), what could they lose if they did? :-/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back