IT.COM

Sedo auctions - Not what they used to be

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It used to be (couple of years) ago, that getting an initial offer on the domain not matter how low it was, was a good thing as it would allow to put it for auction where it would attract many bidders and sell for its approximate value.

However lately I have put some domains for auction and they closed with the same initial bid. Also last time I have checked, too many auctions there are closing with the only one bid of the initial offer. :|

What is happening, is it dead and offer-counteroffer or fixed price is the only realistic formats to sell?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Think you should always start any auction with your reserve on the table as I have seen some that end up great and others not so hot even a few years ago. Only way I would start an auction below my reserve is if I was sure the perfect end users were aware of the auction which would basically take you inviting them there due to sedo being an anonymous auction house you have very limited info on who the bidder is and the odds of multiple end users stumbling on a 7 day auction without making them aware of it is pretty rare. Would only recommend pricing your lower/mid quality domains if looking to move them. Keep your gems make offer as those would receive enough offers to not have to lock yourself in to a set price as them making the first move helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back