Dynadot

Sedo asks for ID copy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kinguard

Established Member
Impact
Literally one day after i signed up on sedo and tried listing my domain, they closed my account and now when i try to get my account back via the support, they ask for the copy of my ID, and i'm totaly not fine with that.. Is there a way to completely delete my account and try to sign up one more time? Or what should i do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why did they close it and why are you totally not fine with giving id?

•••
why did they close it and why are you totally not fine with giving id?
first: they dont tell you the reason why your account was closed
second: i will do so but only if there's no other way

•••
these posts like you were made here before. and for others, sedo included a reason for closing. this is why I asked.

if they didn't give you reason, and before you go to your last resort giving your id, you can email them to ask for reason. then get back to here.

however most cases I remember form namepros members.. were related to parking domains.

but you said yours was closed before you even listed yoru first domain? so in your case its not parking I guess.

well keep posted what they say and read this if u wanna

https://sedo-us1.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1058/~/why-is-my-account-closed?

•••
they ask for the copy of my ID
So send them the copy, what's your problem?

If they won't take these security measures, this business will be in a snap flooded with rogues and scammers of all kinds.

•••
Literally one day after i signed up on sedo and tried listing my domain, they closed my account and now when i try to get my account back via the support, they ask for the copy of my ID, and i'm totaly not fine with that.. Is there a way to completely delete my account and try to sign up one more time? Or what should i do?
Check to see if they will accept an ID copy with hidden ID no. and/or hidden DOB. I had one registrar accept the same.

•••
Check to see if they will accept an ID copy with hidden ID no. and/or hidden DOB. I had one registrar accept the same.
thanks for an idea, i just sent them my name and exact address without an ID and it worked just fine

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back