Domain Empire

Search For WHOIS Tools Ends Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Charley

Striving To Be The BestVIP Member
Impact
I see many threads in the forum, where members search for whois, bulk whois tools.

So I have decided to create this thread which lists all and will be helpful for everyone. Feel free to go through them, you can add any you want to the list. Later, I will add all to the first post.

Would appreciate REPS if you feel this has helped you.

Here it goes.

BULK Tools

Moniker, upto 500 names

GoDaddy, 500 names

OnlineAccess, upto 120 names

000Domains, upto 50 names

Misk, upto 50 names

NameCheap, upto 30 names. You require an account

Name, upto 20 names

Register, upto 10 names

DynaDot

DomainTools

StartName

PCNames

Register

DomainSite

10Dollar, you need an account

GKG

StarGate

Whois.hm

NamesBeyond

Enom

Resellers

You require an account for each.

DomainSpeed

EZHome

IPNic

Godaddy Reseller

Moniker Resellers

Specific Extensions

For co.uk

DotMobi

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
front running

Charley said:
This thread is a list of whois tools, which should assist members in acquiring information about a name.

I don't think it should be deleted from here, because of some unethical practice on their part.

How is Network Solutions a useful tool when they front run the domains you're researching? How is that helpful when they're basically locking up the domains YOU want and holding them hostage so that you have to pay $35.00/year, instead of $7.99 elsewhere?

if I were a noob, I wouldn't want to be directed to greedy Net Sol.

•••
I use Karen's WhoIs Download it @ karenware.com

•••
Ms Domainer said:

How is Network Solutions a useful tool when they front run the domains you're researching? How is that helpful when they're basically locking up the domains YOU want and holding them hostage so that you have to pay $35.00/year, instead of $7.99 elsewhere?

if I were a noob, I wouldn't want to be directed to greedy Net Sol.

Agreed. I'd prefer www.domaintools.com although they aren't very accurate.

•••
I think this question was raised already, but I didn't see it answered... Isn't there a difference between a domain availability check tool (or bulk check tool) and a whois search tool? I use the prior to search for available domains and the latter to get registrant contact info. Are the two being conflated in this thread?

I used to do a lot of domain availability bulk checks on MyDomain.com. I like their tool but I would on occasion lose available names to kiters. So I switched to Moniker and have never had that happen since.

What I came here looking for is a list of whois services for ccTLDs. Whois.sc is great for gTLDs but doesn't seem to work on a lot of ccTLDs. I want to find contact info for the registrants of various ccTLD domains: .vg, .ws., .sg. .com.mx, etc, etc. If anyone knows of a central list for all ccTLD whois services I would really like to see it!

•••
•••
Need a Whois tool that lists domains owned by a company.

I need a Whois tool that lists domains owned by a company we are about to do business with - preferably a free tool if one exists.

Michael

•••
domaintools all the way. Very nice addons tools also.

•••
•••
•••
Hey there,thanks for the great works you doing here.this is good for domain newbie like me,thanks and keep it up!

•••
•••
zenon said:
Network Solutions should be deleted from this list.

They recently started the highly unethical practice of automatically registering (read, hijacking) names that you search so they cannot be purchased through another registrar. There is another thread on this forum devoted to that topic.

I agreee...My Client wanted to register few Domain Names and he did a check availability at NetworkSolutions and to our dismay all the Domains were registered after few minutes !!!

•••
NathanJacob said:
I agreee...My Client wanted to register few Domain Names and he did a check availability at NetworkSolutions and to our dismay all the Domains were registered after few minutes !!!

Surely this can't be legal??? Is it? It happend to me few times so I stopped searching to see if names I want is available or not. I log on when I am ready to buy the name in question. Don't search, know what names you want and when you are ready search and buy - you can't come back few minutes later to buy.

•••
•••
•••
I like Whois Lookup in
http://www.indomains.net/whois.php and
http://www.checkdomain.com/

They are very simple to search.

•••
•••
sastro said:
Here the whois bulk tools including PR and Alexa Rank http://www.bulkdog.com/

Thanks a lot for that one, really cool tool :)

--
Thanks to OP for such a great list, it would share them on my friends with your credits :)

•••
•••
•••
What's a good free tool to search domains by registrant's name?

•••
What's a good free tool to search domains by registrant's name?

I don't think there is one,cause most whois will search based on domain name,cmiiw

•••
are the whois searches above all good, real time or around the world? can anyone recommend some better and useful searches?

•••
can u please write the LIMITATIONS of the other Dynadot etc? it would be good if we know the restriction of all of them

•••
I dont think you can search by registrant name except in domaintools for a fee

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back