Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

James Rodman

Established Member
Impact
EDIT POST: not sure who the scammer is. looks like NS might be

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
seller on flippa was named "JackBrown22"

•••
Now, when the situation is clear, you two should work together to solve this issue.

•••
after this he listed it on flippa and i bought it there. i think august 31 or sept 1
So let's get it straight. The domain changed a lot of hands in a very short period of time and it goes like this:

1. It was sold by a (Let's call him Mr. A) on Namejet on 28th for $1800
2. It was purchased by Mr. B (williamson21) on the very same date for $1800
3. It was then listed by Mr. B on Flippa
4. It was bought by our James Rodman on 1st September
5. He sold it to Chetan on 2nd September

@James Rodman, I have a quick couple of questions:
1. Do you recognize any Namejet handle as "williamson21" ?
2. Can you provide us the Flippa URL for the auction? It should be there in your Emails from Flippa

•••

Dates:
"williamson21" won this domain through namejet on 28th August (Presumably, James Rodman). Now this is where it gets tricky. Namejet has two types of auctions with them: He either bought it from the pre-release auction, or a from direct (private seller) auction. If he bought it from the Pre-release, the domain should have been auto-renewed. However if he bought it directly, the name may or many not be renewed (But keep in mind, it would still show the expiration date of 2016) and after pushed it to Chetan's account.

So this person williamson21 (which is not James Rodman) has purchased the domain directly via namejet, seen the false expiration date of 2016 and assumed it had time left before expiration, then sold it directly to James Rodman who also assumed it had an expiration date of 2016 (which is what happens to domains which are about to drop), then James Rodman has unwittingly sold it on to Chetan who also believes the expiration date is 2016....

..... None of the three have renewed the domain, therefore it has expired, unfortunately under Chetan's ownership, and been given by NS to New Ventures, who whilst they won't admit it are effectively the same business. They now want to sell the domain back to chetan.

Oh dear. This looks very messy.

•••
So let's get it straight. The domain changed a lot of hands in a very short period of time and it goes like this:

1. It was sold by a (Let's call him Mr. A) on Namejet on 28th for $1800
2. It was purchased by Mr. B (williamson21) on the very same date for $1800
3. It was then listed by Mr. B on Flippa
4. It was bought by our James Rodman on 1st September
5. He sold it to Chetan on 2nd November

@James Rodman, I have a quick couple of questions:
1. Do you recognize any Namejet handle as "williamson21" ?
2. Can you provide us the Flippa URL for the auction? It should be there in your Emails from Flippa

1. i never bought a domain on namejet so im not familiar with the usernames on there.
2, the URL wont work as i did the deal as private. but Kevin Fink can confirm it was sold there as he can see all the deals i believe

•••
So this person williamson21 (which is not James Rodman) has purchased the domain directly via namejet, seen the false expiration date of 2016 and assumed it had time left before expiration, then sold it directly to James Rodman who also assumed it had an expiration date of 2016 (which is what happens to domains which are about to drop), then James Rodman has unwittingly sold it on to Chetan who also believes the expiration date is 2016....

..... None of the three have renewed the domain, therefore it has expired, unfortunately under Chetan's ownership, and been given by NS to New Ventures, who whilst they won't admit it are effectively the same business. They now want to sell the domain back to chetan.

so shouldnt it be automatically renewed when he purchased it on NJ?

•••
Alright, so here's what (most probably) happened:

First of all, I sense no member is scammer here. It's the expiration process that needs to be understood well. The biggest thing that I have observed (yet not found anywhere documented ever) is that all domains get automatically renewed/extended for one year upon expiration

The biggest flaw: People assume that any domain that is expired (let's say on July 27th 2015) would show an expiry of 2015 and will then drop. What ICANN does though, that they have this system in place that instructs registrars to pay the renewal fee and renew the domain for one more year - just that the "Status" if the domain will be changed from "OK" to a custom one indicating it's expired. This gives them the liberty to hold (or auction) it for 0 to 45 days. Now if they still decide to drop the name (no auction won), ICANN refunds them the renewal fee. So it's a vicious cycle. I have observed this process but ironically, never found it written anywhere.

/QUOTE]
Read "the biggest flaw" para above for more clarification.

•••
so how did he buy it on namejet if it was expired? shouldnt it be renewed when he purchased it?

Why don't you read webm's post yourself? It explains it quite clearly, I understand that you are frustrated but you seem to be doing more writing than you are reading on this thread. He quite clearly explains that not all namejet purchases benefit from automatic renewal. There are two different types of purchases on namejet.

•••
•••

impossible. first you can't push expired domains between netsol account and second, if the domain was expired for 30 days the whois showing chetan's name...simply wouldn't be possible. it would show the default expired networksolutions info.

•••
impossible. first you can't push expired domains between netsol account and second, if the domain was expired for 30 days the whois showing chetan's name...simply wouldn't be possible. it would show the default expired networksolutions info.

i was also under the impression that expired names cant be pushed. anyone know this for sure?

•••
i was also under the impression that expired names cant be pushed. anyone know this for sure?
This is another tricky Area. Godaddy allows domain names to be pushed long after the expiry, (Up to just 3 days before they fall in the RGP) - Dynadot on the other hand, does not. What does Netsol do? Only they know.

•••
This is another tricky Area. Godaddy allows domain names to be pushed long after the expiry, (Up to just 3 days before they fall in the RGP) - Dynadot on the other hand, does not. What does Netsol do? Only they know.
actually godaddy does not. godaddy will allow transfers out of godaddy but not between accounts. if your domain is expired you must renew before you can transfer between godaddy accounts.. i've yet to come across any registrar that allows expired domains to be transferred between accounts.

•••

Different for every registrar i guess. I also know moniker doesnt allow this as i had this problem once and had to renew before pushing. but no idea about NS process.

•••

The biggest flaw:
People assume that any domain that is expired (let's say on July 27th 2015) would show an expiry of 2015 and will then drop. What ICANN does though, that they have this system in place that instructs registrars to pay the renewal fee and renew the domain for one more year - just that the "Status" if the domain will be changed from "OK" to a custom one indicating it's expired. This gives them the liberty to hold (or auction) it for 0 to 45 days. Now if they still decide to drop the name (no auction won), ICANN refunds them the renewal fee. So it's a vicious cycle. I have observed this process but ironically, never found it written anywhere.

It looks like THREE successive owners have been duped by this fictitious 2016 expiry date.

I actually offered a domain for free on namepros recently, claiming it had almost a year until expiration.

Turns out that my domain had recently expired, but the whois date showed as 2016, for the reasons you explain in this paragraph.

Just like whois duped me into believing that I had a year left on that domain..... three successive buyers have been presented with a 2016 date, when it had actually entered the grace period.

None of the three had renewed after taking ownership during that grace period. Messy situation!

•••
actually godaddy does not. godaddy will allow transfers out of godaddy but not between accounts. if your domain is expired you must renew before you can transfer between godaddy accounts.. i've yet to come across any registrar that allows expired domains to be transferred between accounts.
My bad. Yes, that's the transfer out that they allow.

Finally, what could be the last possibility is, that the original buyer on Namejet "williamson21" bought it from Expired (pre-release) from Namejet, got it automatically renewed with his winning bid, sold it to James, James sold it to chetan. BUT, later williamson21 did (or somehow got) chargeback through Paypal/CC on Namejet. Namejet then passed this chargeback to Netsol who cancelled any renewal/auction winning of this domain, snatched it from the acount of whoever was holding the domain that time, restored it's previous status and put that again in the auction process, namely, Namejet.

So effectively, non of our both members from Namepros are scammers. But james "may" have dealt with a Scammer?

On another note: ..And I always believed that Godaddy is the suckiest registrar. Duh, I should maybe sing chorus in their praise.

Last edited:
•••
It looks like THREE successive owners have been duped by this fictitious 2016 expiry date.

I actually offered a domain for free on namepros recently, claiming it had almost a year until expiration.

Turns out that my domain had recently expired, but the whois date showed as 2016, for the reasons you explain in this paragraph.

Just like whois duped me into believing that I had a year left on that domain..... three successive buyers have been presented with a 2016 date, when it had actually entered the grace period.

None of the three had renewed after taking ownership during that grace period. Messy situation![/QUOTE

I would say we are all dumb but none of us even got an email saying it was expiring. NS is lying

•••

Finally, what could be the last possibility is, that the original buyer on Namejet "williamson21" bought it from Expired (pre-release) from Namejet, sold it to James, James sold it to chetan. BUT, later williamson21 did (or somehow got) chargeback through Paypal/CC on Namejet. Namejet then passed this chargeback to Netsold who cancelled any renewal/auction won of this domain, restored it's previous status and put that again in the auction.

So effectively, non of our both members from Namepros are scammers. But james "may" have dealt with a Scammer?

does namejet have a member on here that can see if this happened?

•••

Finally, what could be the last possibility is, that the original buyer on Namejet "williamson21" bought it from Expired (pre-release) from Namejet, sold it to James, James sold it to chetan. BUT, later williamson21 did (or somehow got) chargeback through Paypal/CC on Namejet. Namejet then passed this chargeback to Netsold who cancelled any renewal/auction won of this domain, restored it's previous status and put that again in the auction.

This may most likely be the case however it doesn't explain how New Ventures managed to get the domain.

•••

None of the three had renewed after taking ownership during that grace period. Messy situation!

In such cases, the nameservers will show pendingrenewaldeletion, am I correct?
Something like this:
ns2.pendingrenewaldeletion.com
ns1.pendingrenewaldeletion.com

•••

Finally, what could be the last possibility is, that the original buyer on Namejet "williamson21" bought it from Expired (pre-release) from Namejet, got it automatically renewed with his winning bid, sold it to James, James sold it to chetan. BUT, later williamson21 did (or somehow got) chargeback through Paypal/CC on Namejet. Namejet then passed this chargeback to Netsol who cancelled any renewal/auction winning of this domain, restored it's previous status and put that again in the auction process, namely, Namejet.

Is there currently any evidence that James Rodman isn't Williamson21 and couldn't have done that chargeback against namejet himself?

I'm NOT accusing, just feel it would be helpful for a process of elimination.

•••
Is there currently any evidence that James Rodman isn't Williamson21 and couldn't have done that chargeback against namejet himself?

I'm NOT accusing, just feel it would be helpful for a process of elimination.

i have an account there but dont buy from there. as i said i bought this on flippa. @FlippaDomains can confirm this as he knows my account there.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back