Dynadot

Scam Warning!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Beachie

NamePros IrregularEstablished Member
Impact
Just got this email. This domain is already registered, so someone is trying to scam people to pay for a domain they won't get, as well as wording it confusingly like a UDRP. (I'm the owner of admirers.net and admirers.org)

SCAM STARTS -------------------------------------------------->
Domain Registration Notice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FINAL NOTICE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATT: Chris Beach
ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT
Chris Beach
[email protected]
www.ADMIRERS.info

Please be advised that the above noted domain name has now become available for registration.
Consequently the possibility of conflicting domain registration may occur.

IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE UNITED STATES LEGAL CODE

TITLE 15, Sec 1125. False descriptions, and dilution of Trademarks and the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP)
Be advised: Protecting a domain name registrant or trademark owner from confusing and/or conflicting domain name registrations is not the responsibility of the domain and trademark registration processes. In the event of a registration of the above noted domain by a third party, the UDRP may be applied under the following conditions.

Evidence of Registration and Use in Bad Faith. - For the purposes of Paragraph 4(a)(iii), the following circumstances, in particular but without limitation, if found by the Panel to be present, shall be evidence of the registration and use of a domain name in bad faith:

(i) circumstances indicating that the domain name registered or acquired the domain name primarily for the purpose of selling, renting, or otherwise transferring the domain name registration to the complainant who is the owner of the trademark or service mark or a competitor of that complainant, for valuable consideration in excess of your documented out-of-pocket costs directly related to the domain name; or
(ii) the domain name has been registered in order to prevent the owner of the trademark or service mark from reflecting the mark in a corresponding domain name, provided that you have engaged in a pattern of such conduct; or
(iii) the domain name has been registered primarily for the purpose of disrupting the business of a competitor; or (iv) by using the domain name, registrant has intentionally attempted to attract, for commercial gain, Internet users to their web site or other on-line location, by creating a likelihood of confusion with the complainant's mark as to the source, sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement or your web site or location or of a product or service of a web site or location.

In addition to remedies provided for by the URDP, section 4a (1)(2)(3) & b (1)(2)(3)(4) existing registrants, trademark and service mark owners are provided by DUC with a first right to use preference on domain names that are identical with new ccTLD, TLD extensions, or domain names that are confusingly similar to their own.

As a courtesy to domain name holders, we are sending you this notification of the domain name that is available for registration. You must register your domain name to retain exclusive rights to it on the web and now is the time to register your domain name with the DUC. Failure to register the above domain name may result in a loss of your online identity making it difficult for your customers and friends to locate you on the Web. Privatization of Domain Registrations and Renewals now allows the consumer the choice of Registrars when initially registering and also when renewing a domain name. Domain name holders are not obligated to register or renew their domain with their current Registrar or with the DUC. Review our prices and decide for yourself. You are under no obligation to pay the amounts stated below, unless you accept this offer. This notice is not a bill, it is rather an easy means of payment should you decide to register your domain name with the DUC.
The full registration agreement can be requested by faxing us your request to the fax number listed below.

You are required to advise the Domain Update Center of your intent to license this name on or before the expiration of this notice.

Note: you may disregard this notice if you wish or if you do not agree. If you disregard this notice or fail to reply:
(a) The licensing rights of this domain name may be assigned to any other applicant,
(b) DUC and or any ICANN accredited registrar will not be liable for loss of domain name license, identical or confusingly similar use of your company's domain name; or interruption of business activity or business losses.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you fail to reply to DUC this domain may be registered by any third party without further notice. You must advise us of your intent to (a) secure this domain name or (b) release your first right to use preference.

For faster service fill out the form attached below and fax to 1.718.208.4213

(Please make necessary changes)
Full Name: Chris Beach
Company Name: Chris Beach
Email Address: [email protected]
Tel#: ____________________
Address: 28 Chapple Drive
City, State: Australind , Zip/Postal Code: 6233

Please check the options that you wish to apply:

[ ] Registration of www.ADMIRERS.info domain.
[ ] 1 Year .......... $50
[ ] 2 Year .......... $85
[ ] 5 Year .......... $160 (Recommended)
[ ] 10 Year .......... $300 (Best Value)

[ ] Search Engine Submission $40 "We guarantee your website listing on the top search engines for 1 yr., Satisfaction is guaranteed or your money back".

Total $ _______

Credit Card Information (Each field below is mandatory)

Type of Credit Card (Please check one):
MasterCard American Express Visa Discover Check "If paying by check you may skip the section below "
Cardholder's Name: ______________________________________________________
Credit Card Number: _____________________________________________________
Credit Card Expiration Date (month/year): ________
Card Verification Number CVV2/CID (3 or 4 digits in the front or back of the card): _______
(PLEASE FILL OUT THE ADDRESS EXACTLY HOW IT APPEARS ON YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT)
Street Address/Unit/Apartment/Suite #: _________________________________________________________
City: ____________________ State/Province: _____________________
Zip/Postal Code:____________
Country: _________________ Day/Evening Phone Number: ____________________

Please sign and fax this form to 1.718.208.4213 in order for us to quickly process your order

The information in this letter contains confidential and/or legally privileged information from the notification processing department of the DUC. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. Email [email protected] if you do not want to receive further updates from DUC. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents for this letter is strictly prohibited.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wrong forum..... but anyway, thanks for the info :D

•••
Thanks Beachie,

I wonder what the next one will be!

•••
JoshHendo said:
Wrong forum..... but anyway, thanks for the info :D
I put it here intentionally. Very few people regularly read the "Warnings and Alerts" forum.

•••
Thanks for the heads up!

Lux

•••
Beachie said:
I put it here intentionally. Very few people regularly read the "Warnings and Alerts" forum.

oh, ok, but i still have a feeling that a mod may move it :(

•••
I received one of these too...scammers

•••
Me too

I received one also for Adsearch.info. I own www.Adsearch.org. I thought to myself "Iam not paying $50 to reg an .info!! Stupid.

Frank

•••
Thanks for the warning :tu:

•••
•••
Never received one, anyway thanks for the warning. :)

•••
nowadays scam emails become more and more...funny lol.

•••
thats common in the UK normally you will get a sales chap ring up saying that someone is wanting to buy a domain you own but its the .info, .net if you own the .com.

they even go as far as saying they have the person on the other line and if you want to buy it you can have it now (insert stupid price here)

Or you recieve a letter in the post we all know regs cost very little money but the letters or calls you get are 10-20x the amount you would normally pay. Its obvious they are targeting the people not in the know.

•••
Not only is this scam ripping you off on a domain, but it also asks for all your credit card and personal information. Another annoying scam... :|

•••
These people think we're stupid, always spam our inbox, but hey thanks for the warning - -don't trust anything coming from unknown party

•••
Thanks for the warning :tu:

•••
k thx, i will look out for him :loveyou:

•••
If you fail to reply to DUC this domain may be registered by any third party without further notice. You must advise us of your intent to (a) secure this domain name or (b) release your first right to use preference.
lmfao... how dumb are these people?

•••
majinbuu1023 said:
lmfao... how dumb are these people?
Smarter than you might think. I'd say for every savvy internet user, there are at least five 'newbies' to whom an email with strongly-worded legal gibberish might scare them into sending off the form.

Let's say they sent a million of those emails, which is pretty easy to do and costs nothing. If one-tenth of one percent of people send off the form and tick the lowest priced option ($50), they make a quick $50,000 in a matter of days..

•••
oh, thanks,
Just received one similar but from
[email protected]>
I suspected a scam :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back