advice Scam or no scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I received this email today . . .I inserted the Xs and the XY

Hello!
I represent a buyer from XXXXXXX who wants to buy XXXXXXXX.com for a new web project.
Are you still interested in selling?
The buyer is a professional investor with a good budget.
I located your contact information via whois search.
I help VIP clients of our hosting company to buy names.
If you have more names please email me the list.
Best Regards,
XY
Personal Broker
XXXXXXX
Hosting Company
Tokyo, Japan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're officially a domainer!

•••
•••
Sorry, it was a scam! PresidentFailures.com according to the email was worth 15-20k . . . which is laughable, obviously:)

HeHeHe..... Actually... maybe not.

All depends on how much Trump @#$% up!

Hold on to it and you may actually find a buyer that hates Trump enough to fork money over for the domain.

Seriously.... I'm not kidding.

•••
Hopefully, one day, there will be email addresses put into images and or another form of anti-bot preventative measure on those "whois" sites.

•••
I had this email few weeks ago ended up in spam bin but i did read it.

•••
You posted your ties to domains on Ebay. I had a similar inquiry after posting on ebay, so I suspect that could be the origin of troll as I have registered many elsewhere and since never another inquiry with different whois info. I had posted a similar question and thread here to back then and I kindly received answers like you have.

Last edited:
•••
Totally Scam Man,

Rule #1: 99% of Scammers come as a representer for someone who interested! ====> DAMN SCAMM
Rule #2: "Good Budget??" ====> Scam as well!
Rule #3: Replied with High Offer, before negotiation, or MORE than it worth!! ====> SCAM too!

•••
well, if I got that email......and I am buying domains and hope to sell them....I sure would pursue it.
I wouldn't go giving a list of my names quite yet but I would acknowledge the offer and find out what he had in mind of paying for it before revealing other related names.
Might be a scam......might not.
I just sold a name and it pretty much started out that way and straight out of left field tho there was no mention of an investor with a big budget or hosting company or vip. It was just some person asking if I was interested in selling the name.
Why wouldn't you reply?

This is a classic known appraisal scam. Go to the scams subforum and read the numerous details of similar e-mails/scams. That is why it's not worth replying. It is merely a waste of time!

Last edited:
•••
Dirty scam. Tell them to pay for the appraisal.

•••
I received this email today . . .I inserted the Xs and the XY

Hello!
I represent a buyer from XXXXXXX who wants to buy XXXXXXXX.com for a new web project.
Are you still interested in selling?
The buyer is a professional investor with a good budget.
I located your contact information via whois search.
I help VIP clients of our hosting company to buy names.
If you have more names please email me the list.
Best Regards,
XY
Personal Broker
XXXXXXX
Hosting Company
Tokyo, Japan
I have just received the same email from zenlogic-jp.info, the mailing domain was just registered in the .info extension while the .com is available for registration. What a cheap scam.

•••
HeHeHe..... Actually... maybe not.

All depends on how much Trump @#$% up!

Hold on to it and you may actually find a buyer that hates Trump enough to fork money over for the domain.

Seriously.... I'm not kidding.
I have updated my BIN on presidentfailures.com and iimpeachtrump.com

Lol the other day I reached out to members of the US Senate via Twitter. LOL, they are the only ones who can truly say "I impeach Trump" :)

I am in the air flying to Vegas right now. Who knew the inter webs went that high;) I keed I keed. But I was happy to see Hillary is on the attack now! Come on make me money . . .

•••
Been there. Done that. Woops

•••
Newbie question.....

What is the scam? I don't understand what would happen. Do they stealyour name? How?

I thought domaining would be a little difficult learning, but the more I learn, the tougher it get. Great mind exercize.

M

•••
Newbie question.....

What is the scam? I don't understand what would happen. Do they stealyour name? How?

I thought domaining would be a little difficult learning, but the more I learn, the tougher it get. Great mind exercize.

M
They make you an offer and then say the buyer will only accept if you get a manual appraisal from a site of their choice. The appraisal site is linked to them and is not legitimate and usually costs around £200. Then the buyer dissapears.

They also often provide a link to a google question site to try legitmise the site, this is not real either.

•••
They make you an offer and then say the buyer will only accept if you get a manual appraisal from a site of their choice. The appraisal site is linked to them and is not legitimate and usually costs around £200. Then the buyer dissapears.

They also often provide a link to a google question site to try legitmise the site, this is not real either.
Seem to me that selling a domain should work like selling real estate. I put up my house for sale. You want it, you get your own appraisal and then make an offer. My choice to accept or reject..
i would respond to that in this manner.... Ok, you get the appraisal and deduct the $200 from your bid.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back