opinion Say something nice about an investor

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HotKey

Made in CanadaTop Member
Impact
I admire @Samer because he's a loyal dog and intelligent to boot

~ that's all you have to post ~ but you can expand if you like:

I may not agree with his style or opinions 100% of the time but he knows his stuff and sticks to it.

Who do you admire in the domain industry and why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
There are too many others to list, but some off the top of my head.
Same here, many folk and this is a good thing. Unless ocd.

If I may;

I admire @Lox for his mysterious accuracy always a joy to decipher

I admire @QUAD DOMAINS for such uniqueness in presentation but also some true food for thought posts

@satsdifference.com I've never understood probably anything but super admirable

I admire @AbdulBasit.com for his open and honest, and detailed domaining journeys. @twiki for the same.

•••
Hat tip to @bmugford - thanks for mentioning me

When I first joined Namepros and all the way through to today I think your posts are the ones I read the most

You have consistently, year after year provided good advice, which is backed up by an in depth knowledge of the industry and are as straight as an arrow.....

Many others on here are worth a mention and they already have been in pervious posts

•••
@bmugford is was and remains one of the most level headed, no nonsense, sensible posters on here. He is like a guidepost on this forum. His word is always to be trusted.

•••
My wife said this is the best thread.
I was about to mention some names but she said “don’t you dare I am the only one you should mention.”
Anyway you know who you are if you contribute to this community 👍👍👍

•••
I also appreciate @Eric Lyon for his consistent insight and contributions

•••
@johnn has made me laugh more than anyone here. Some of his postings I had tears 😂

@Recons.Com is really a go getter. I admire his enormous hustle.

@JudgeMind is always willing to share his knowledge and current experiences in the brandable space

Abdul Basit Makrani is a very successful domainer who manages to stay humble and kind. No small feat.

@twiki is the most open book person on this platform sharing a huge amount of his strategies and experiences.
Thank you for the mention!

Without naming anyone directly, as there are so many that deserve a shoutout. I would just like to that all of those who openly share their insights, knowledge, success/failure stories everyday with the community most often without any benefit to them.

One of the greatest parts of the domain investing industry is the people you meet and the people you can call friends.

Last edited:
•••
I could not sell a single domain i dont know what is wrong with me :)

•••
I admire every single member on NamePros in their own unique way.

•••
•••
I am going to list some more.

Luc Biggs (@Federer) - We started around the same time. One of the most successful investors who has built a business based on consistent sales over the years.

Raymond Hackney (@equity78) - One of the best and most consistent writers in the field.

Bob Hawkes (@Bob Hawkes) - Another top tier writer. The articles he has written can be useful for anyone from noobs to seasoned investors.

Ron Jackson (@Ron Jackson) - For running DNJournal.com for almost 20 years.

Andrew Allemann (@DomainNameWire) - One of the original domain blogs.

Michael Cyger (@Michael Cyger) - He has made a lot of contributions to the field, specifically on the education side.

Two OG members -

@Kate
@JB Lions
Thank you for the mention Brad, much appreciated.

•••
I would like to echo and agree with the view expressed above by @JudgeMind:
Without naming anyone directly, as there are so many that deserve a shoutout. I would just like to that all of those who openly share their insights, knowledge, success/failure stories everyday with the community most often without any benefit to them.
There are so many, many people I truly appreciate within this amazing community that I am hesitant to suggest specific people, because no matter how long my list, I would leave out so many deserving names.

I appreciate the lists of people that @bmugford posted above that include many of the top contributors. His long-term activity in NamePros has contributed so much to the community, and of course he should have included himself!

Thanks to @HotKey for starting this discussion, a timely reminder to appreciate this community and the individuals who make it great.

So even though I chose not to write a list, I hope you know that I thank you, from long-term contributors to new voices. I truly appreciate your contributions.

-Bob

•••
I admire @DNGear because she continues to post sales in the face of countless unsubstantiated claims.

•••
"Who do you admire in the domain industry and why?"

Well, i would say a few words on the other segment of DN industry the end-user clients, businesses.(if you find this OT, erase of course). While there in public regularly presented statistics and estimates of digital economy growth, and domain names and websites being one of the constituents, and even in politics/administration many supportive statements to digital economy, it turns from my experience that companies/corporations who are actually ruling trends, are totally reluctant to any entrepreneurship aside their major business activities. From the agri plantations, food producers, payment services up to entertainment industry - i've reached this year in out-bound selling, almost none of the companies representatives was responsive in any way, while still being presented with a competent domain name industry business offer matching their business profile. It seems companies are simply not interested even with offered domains closely related to their projects and priced at average monthly salary value. So, maybe it is questionable among all numerous NgTLD what are all offered DN's about? It is not just registered/reserved DNS record, as along of deciding on any of domain registration are entrepreneurship ideas, that later continuing with a promotion, advertising and even business planing, thus many working hours are delivered to end business clients.

Last edited:
•••
"Who do you admire in the domain industry and why?"

Well, i would say a few words on the other segment of DN industry the end-user clients, businesses.(if you find this OT, erase of course). While there in public regularly presented statistics and estimates of digital economy growth, and domain names and websites being one of the constituents, and even in politics/administration many supportive statements to digital economy, it turns from my experience that companies/corporations who are actually ruling trends, are totally reluctant to any entrepreneurship aside their major business activities. From the agri plantations, food producers, payment services up to entertainment industry - i've reached this year in out-bound selling, almost none of the companies representatives was responsive in any way, while still being presented with a competent domain name industry business offer matching their business profile. It seems companies are simply not interested even with offered domains closely related to their projects and priced at average monthly salary value. So, maybe it is questionable among all numerous NgTLD what are all offered DN's about? It is not just registered/reserved DNS record, as along of deciding on any of domain registration are entrepreneurship ideas, that later continuing with a promotion, advertising and even business planing, thus many working hours are delivered to end business clients.
Admirable input, thank you. Indeed domaining could be delved into a study of the hows and whys. Not the thread for that, merely acknowledging those whom you show an appreciation for and admire.

•••
@biggie for one of the realest kats out here

•••
This site is amazing and I've learned a lot from everyone here.
@bmugford A voice of reason on the Epik threads and many others.
@Bob Hawkes Excellent analysis of the markets.
@equity78 For writing about the industry in a way everyone can understand (difficult to do).
@jberryhill Providing the legal view on domaining and the industry.

There are too many others to name here. The posters on the Epik thread also deserve a mention because without that thread, ICANN may never have done anything about what happened.

Regards...jmcc

•••
To update with my standings, as suggest on-topic,
DomainSherpa is doing a great educational series on domaining, and from their interviews, Margot from BrandBucket explained the universal advantages of their style(BrandBucket) of imaginary words derivatives as the brandable domains.

•••
To update with my standings, as suggest on-topic,
DomainSherpa is doing a great educational series on domaining, and from their interviews, Margot from BrandBucket explained the universal advantages of their style(BrandBucket) of imaginary words derivatives as the brandable domains.
Lately I've mixed-up this here Topic and a blog entitled "Say something nice about domainers" excuses to all here.

•••
a @alcy cynism is second to none but quite on point. Also highest dot-one sale
d @DNGear an inspiration for the industry
m @Mkt Sales Leads having a diverse range of well-stated opinions
i @Igor Mironyuk stuck in Ukraine nightmare and still domaining full steam ahead
r @redemo who always tried to drill the importance of developing our domains, alas he has left us
e @Eric Lyon a seemingly bottomless pit of knowledge, gold bar for professional appraisals

•••
•••
•••
Riz M is someone I admired greatly. He's one of the very few new domainers who succeeded, so he was an inspiration to me.

He pulled off some crazy fast flips and made better businesses than many old schoolers. RIP.

Also, shoutout to that insane toptoptop guy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back