IT.COM

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The person who started the auction and the person who made the bids are the same person.
They are setting up a trap by creating fake accounts. As soon as another user comes and says "This domain attracts a lot of attention, high offers have been given. I must buy it!" he is hooked.

In short, this is called shill bidding, it's a well-known old tactic and it's obvious that company executives are determined not to take action against it.
I don't want to believe that someone in charge of the company's technical department (Nick) does not know about such tricks.

SAV offers a huge open platform for fraud.

It sure looks like that. However, without knowing who is behind the accounts it's hard to prove so I wouldn't want to accuse anyone of it.

Would be easy for sav to track so you're right, they probably don't care.

It's easy enough to track owners though. Some liquids caught my eye and I was surprised a lot of them get pushed way beyond reseller prices in auction. Then the buyer defaults.

Watching some to see what happens to the domains as I was able to track associated accounts and ownership.

Anyway, personally I have more issues with the fact they somehow fail to give the first user to backorder the first bid. That's supposed to happen but is undeniably not (aways) the case.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R @Sav.com

What's going on? Another successful backorder where you told me I was the first to backorder, sent to auction but not placing a first bid in my name?

Are we just bringing you guys leads or is you backend FUBAR?

•••
@CK_Yau
1 - Nope. If they are at Sav the transfer to the buyer is fully automated but they don't have to be.
2 - 4% is correct! You are not dreaming.
3 - We offer about 8 different methods to cash out. There are fees but they vary based on the method and country. A payout via ACH in the US only cost $0.50.

@kor - We do have a 60-day waiting period before an auction can be started again unless the high bidder is unable to pay. If you want to DM me any specific domain names to look at we would be happy to look. We totally agree on the TLDs on the left. A complete redo of that page is on our list.

@Traderas - I did look at the first couple of domains in this list and see that the majority of the time the seller does wait the 60-day waiting period between auctions and then starts a new one. This is within our allowed activities.

@ArielT - We did consider that but the industry standard typically allows any bidders to participate. An example of this is Dynadot's Last Chance auctions.

@vravis9 - This is a recent measure implemented to reduce potentially malicious transactions. All you have to do is to reach out to our support team and have them update your email address to one that does not have dots or hashtags in it. If your email in Sav was [email protected] just ask them we update it to [email protected] which works the exact same way with Gmail.

@branding - We do not publish how many backorders a domain has on it, or when they were placed. If you want to DM me the domain name we would be happy to confirm.

@CK_Yau @kor - Regarding mittel.org. This domain has only had 1 auction for it that was paid for by the high bidder successfully! It was just completed on Friday of last week. The domain was also a drop caught domain by Sav so there was no private seller.

@VideotapeReturner - You can opt-in domains at any time but we will not actually send the command to Afternic to enable Fast Transfer until the domain has been registered for 60 days.

•••
@branding - We do not publish how many backorders a domain has on it, or when they were placed. If you want to DM me the domain name we would be happy to confirm.

Then what does this mean?

Screenshot_20220809-010652.png

•••
Hi @Nick R,

Thanks for your reply.

The auction record for "http://insider.pro/" seems a bit fishy if you look at the 3rd bid.

Cheers.

•••
@Nick R some recent examples to check are Funds.xyz laxe.io bowling.xyz Cbd.memorial Democrat.xyz

•••
@branding - Oh we see the confusion. This lets you know if your account had already submitted a backorder request for this domain. There are some users who submit duplicate domains and this section of the emails shows the duplicates for that user. We will change the wording of that email ASAP.

@CK_Yau - insider.pro - This is a domain that was drop caught by Sav therefore Sav is the seller. Since there is no private seller with something to gain for a higher sale price, fishy bidding does not happen. I did look at 3rd $51 bid and do not see anything fishy.

@Traderas - I did take a look at each of these 5 domains and see that are all very different situations. I can't go into too many details as we do not want to reveal the buyer's or sellers' strategies but the only common thread on a few of these is that the high bidder was unable to pay, their accounts have been restricted per our FAQ (https://help.sav.com/kb/en/article/...-pre-authorizations-after-bidding-on-auctions) and the auctions have been restarted ~3 times recently. There are 2 bidders that participated in multiple unsuccessful auctions that have already been banned from participating in any auctions per a previous manual review we conducted a few weeks ago.

•••
We do have a 60-day waiting period before an auction can be started again unless the high bidder is unable to pay.
... the only common thread on a few of these is that the high bidder was unable to pay ... and the auctions have been restarted ~3 times recently. There are 2 bidders that participated in multiple unsuccessful auctions that have already been banned from participating in any auctions per a previous manual review we conducted a few weeks ago.
That's exactly the problem!

Banning several fake bidder accounts does not solve the recurring auction problem.
Opening fake accounts with virtual credit cards is a 2 minute job and someone has been doing this fraud for months.

Either making easy money sounds sweet to you and you choose to act politically.
Or you don't really have a clue about how to run these things.

Both possibilities are pretty frustrating.

•••
Oh we see the confusion. This lets you know if your account had already submitted a backorder request for this domain. There are some users who submit duplicate domains and this section of the emails shows the duplicates for that user. We will change the wording of that email ASAP.

Thanks!

•••
@kor - this is the exact reason that we do conduct manual audits of bidders and change auction policies from time to time.

On a related note, we rolled out a change earlier today preventing anyone who is using an alias email from bidding on auctions. If you receive an error message when trying to place a bid, it means your email most likely has an unnecessary "." or "#" in it. Please reach out to support to have them update the email address to the main email address. Ex: If your email is [email protected], you will need to update it to [email protected] within Sav - both work the same way and go to the same account.

•••
And again, you gave an irrelevant answer in order to distract from the point we underlined and muddy the water.

Nick, could it be that you accidentally graduated from a political science major instead of a tech major?

•••
@kor - this is the exact reason that we do conduct manual audits of bidders and change auction policies from time to time.

On a related note, we rolled out a change earlier today preventing anyone who is using an alias email from bidding on auctions. If you receive an error message when trying to place a bid, it means your email most likely has an unnecessary "." or "#" in it. Please reach out to support to have them update the email address to the main email address. Ex: If your email is [email protected], you will need to update it to [email protected] within Sav - both work the same way and go to the same account.

howdy where is link with all new sav changes coming now ? ty

•••
@Nick R

I've been unable to change the NameServers for 20-40 domain names on Sav for several days and have also been unable to switch the DNS Settings to custom for many others. Even when I am the system will let me switch the DNS Settings to Custom, I have to "try" multiple times periodically over the course of an hour.

The process goes like this:
- Open the Manage DNS page
- Click "Switch Button" underneath 'Custom - Manually configure SSL, DDoS Protection & DNSSEC as well as DNS records such as MX, A, TXT, etc.'
- Nothing happens
- "Ok, lets try one more time"
- Still nothing
- Leave the page open and try the next one in a new tab, and repeat the process
- It very rarely accepts the Switch on the first attempt, but occassionally, I'll get lucky, most times it will take between 2-4 attempts that are spread out over some time because that works for some reason.

I still have 10 Domains that are stuck and won't accept any changes to the DNS Settings.

SAV has been a complete let down as far as the user interface goes. I've never had so many issues changing NameServers or adding DNS records with other registrars. I've reached out to customer service for help and have been told that sometimes it can take up to 48 hours to process a NameServer change. :unsure:🥴

Please message me if you are able to help solve the Custom DNS settings and changing NameServers. This really shouldn't be as hard as it is.

•••
Same problem here. I try and try, over and over...
Please get a little serious, this can't be happening for such a long period and not being resolved...

Also @Nick R :

1. You should improve your backorders options. There are no filters, no sorting and no option to export backorders.
How do we suppose to check or delete our backorders?
For example I now have 225 pages of 50 domains each in "My Backorders" page. The only option I have to check them, is to manually copy paste 225 pages in some spreadsheet...

2. Please inform us at least one day earlier about price changes. For example you had an offer in .co at $0.99 that lasted very few days and now it costs $3.49. Today I noticed .me went up to $2.49, from $1.49 yesterday. If you gives us the heads up, I m sure that will increase your sales. I personally wanted to register some .me with $1.49 , but now I have second thoughts...

•••
Very disappointed with transfers to Sav.

Most went through, but there was three where there was a failure.

No refund from Sav. Nowhere on the site to correct auth code errors.

Now I will have to renew them at Godaddy, so I lose any savings from transferring.

Ticket sent to support.

•••
@Nick R

I've been unable to change the NameServers for 20-40 domain names on Sav for several days and have also been unable to switch the DNS Settings to custom for many others. Even when I am the system will let me switch the DNS Settings to Custom, I have to "try" multiple times periodically over the course of an hour.

The process goes like this:
- Open the Manage DNS page
- Click "Switch Button" underneath 'Custom - Manually configure SSL, DDoS Protection & DNSSEC as well as DNS records such as MX, A, TXT, etc.'
- Nothing happens
- "Ok, lets try one more time"
- Still nothing
- Leave the page open and try the next one in a new tab, and repeat the process
- It very rarely accepts the Switch on the first attempt, but occassionally, I'll get lucky, most times it will take between 2-4 attempts that are spread out over some time because that works for some reason.

I still have 10 Domains that are stuck and won't accept any changes to the DNS Settings.

SAV has been a complete let down as far as the user interface goes. I've never had so many issues changing NameServers or adding DNS records with other registrars. I've reached out to customer service for help and have been told that sometimes it can take up to 48 hours to process a NameServer change. :unsure:🥴

Please message me if you are able to help solve the Custom DNS settings and changing NameServers. This really shouldn't be as hard as it is.
i got the same problem too when change dns record ( txt ), 24 hours still no affected, hope this help

•••
Next issue: Privacy. The system keeps on giving me an error when I try to remove Privacy. How are domainers meant to be contactable to buyers without whois? You are losing sales if you put on privacy.

Here's the error I get.

"Hello Alan,

The following error was returned when executing your bulk request:
The internal status of this domain does not allow the WHOIS Privacy to be updated.

Please take the appropriate actions and submit the bulk request again."

- no explanation or link to the internal issue that needs to be resolved.

Ticket sent to support.

•••
@Nick R check auctions of:

laptops.xyz
rentacar.xyz
marbles.xyz
carpets.xyz
guitars.xyz
Ending in 50'

It 's a classic group of domains being auctioned every 10 days.
What a coincidence! All belongs to the same person!

•••

bowling.xyz​

is today's fake auction.
Also belongs to the same person.

•••
New feature at Sav

All Sav users can now see their API key and whitelisted IPs on the My Account page.
We are continuing to add features that will give you the best domain investing experience.

•••
Anyone else having problems paying sav with paypal today?

•••
Anyone else having problems paying sav with paypal today?
I have not done any transactions today (I did pay with PayPal yesterday at Sav without problem).

However, Sav just sent customers an email now saying they were having PayPal difficulties and asking people to add another payment option. I hope someone from Sav will reply re whether this is just a short term issue.
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties regarding payments from PayPal. Please add an alternate payment method to your account so that we can process your future transactions.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
oh wow looks like sav and paypal are done for life..sav is emailing all telling to add new payment method ... not for a day or week...but.... for future... just after getting my names there looks like time for new home

•••
However, Sav just sent customers an email now saying they were having PayPal difficulties and asking people to add another payment option. I hope someone from Sav will reply re whether this is just a short term issue.

Yeah, just got that as well. Hopefully it's not a repeat of the epik situation and it will be resolved soon.

•••
If sav can't use paypal, I will leave sav from now on

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back