IT.COM

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Nick R - I have also the issue that I cannot change my DNS after registering. ("DNS is still being setup for your domain. If you just registered this domain, please check back in about 5 minutes.")
I'll DM you my ticket number

•••
Based on my calculations the renewal price of .COM at SAV will be around 9.02$ this is only if they do not rise up their own fees.
Is this proper @Nick R ?
Thanks.

•••
@iTesla - We have not determined what the .COM prices will be come September yet but will post on here when we do.

•••
@iTesla - We have not determined what the .COM prices will be come September yet but will post on here when we do.

Why does it take so masny damn days to change my NS?? I put in the request and it literally can take 4 - 5 days... Maybe more if I don't email a complaint. Every other service I've been with takes no longer than an hour. Are you guys doing NS changes manually? Please explain why it takes days for NS to change?

•••
Why does it take so masny damn days to change my NS?? I put in the request and it literally can take 4 - 5 days... Maybe more if I don't email a complaint. Every other service I've been with takes no longer than an hour. Are you guys doing NS changes manually? Please explain why it takes days for NS to change?
Nameserver changes should process at the Registry within a minute or so. It is possible that DNS Propagation time takes a few days, especially for smaller ccTLDs on the Internet but even that is usually within 2 days. If you want to put in a support ticket with a domain name, and the NSs you want to change it to, DM me the ticket number and Ill time how long the change takes then report back.

•••
Nameserver changes should process at the Registry within a minute or so. It is possible that DNS Propagation time takes a few days, especially for smaller ccTLDs on the Internet but even that is usually within 2 days. If you want to put in a support ticket with a domain name, and the NSs you want to change it to, DM me the ticket number and Ill time how long the change takes then report back.

I've already been through that. First time you guys said you were having some technical issues and apologized, no worries. The second time it was taking days and your support person (Abigail) said it can take a few days. "coincidentally" it updated when she messaged me. And now I've been waiting for days again for an NS update... I go to see what it looks like and there still is no update. This is my third or fourth time struggling to update my NS. No one has time for this. I just looked at my nane servers for the domains I updated and they show the old name servers as if nothing happened... This is so frustrating... I'm going to contact tech support *again*, but this is getting very, very very old...

•••
@NameFu Feel free to DM me the ticket number and I can take a look myself.

•••
I've been in the domain name biz since 2004 and this is the first time I'm left scratching my head as to whether or not my domain was actually registered (or not).

A few hours ago I created for the very first time an account at Sav ($6.95 .com registrations sounds tempting) and registered a .com domain, which I prefer not to disclose in public, since it was meant to be developed into a food-related blog for one of my clients.

My card was charged the registration fee (according to my bank / e-banking) and the domain was registered by Sav on the time of purchase (according to Icann's whois / lookup page - I have uploaded a screenshot in this post) but... the domain never showed up into my Sav control panel.

And, after a while, I received an email from Sav saying:

"The following items from your cart were not able to be processed. You card was not charged for these items. Please try to add these items to your cart again in a few minutes."

What does this mean? Has any of you guys (incl. @Nick R ) experienced this before?

I've already responded to that email (and their system automatically generated a trouble ticket #1224126204) by asking them what is going on and proposing alternative payment methods (like another card or even Paypal) in case my card was flagged (even though this is the only card I'm currently using -flawlessly- with all other major registars) but it seems I will hear back from them within two business days...

From what I remember, a new regged domain has a grace period of five days before it gets deleted and ends up in drop catching auctions, so I think my only option at this time is to catch up with @Nick R to resolve this issue before the time runs out. At least, this is what I understood from their email... Am I right? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• icann lookup hidden.PNG
    icann lookup hidden.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 119
•••
@snoopi - This does look like something in our system did go wrong and the domain should be registered to your account. I do see the details in the ticket number provided from a few hours ago. Our support team will get the domain added to your account and work with the dev team to figure out what caused this domain not to arrive as intended. My apologies for issue.

•••
@Nick R Thank you for your prompt action! It’s greatly appreciated. I will definitely update this thread upon receiving the domain name into my Sav account.

•••
@snoopi - This does look like something in our system did go wrong and the domain should be registered to your account. I do see the details in the ticket number provided from a few hours ago. Our support team will get the domain added to your account and work with the dev team to figure out what caused this domain not to arrive as intended. My apologies for issue.
There is indeed such a problem. Sometimes domains has been registered, but sav.com refund the payment and send an email "The following items from your cart were not able to be processed. You card was not charged for these items. Please try to add these items to your cart again in a few minutes."

•••
There is indeed such a problem. Sometimes domains has been registered, but sav.com refund the payment and send an email "The following items from your cart were not able to be processed. You card was not charged for these items. Please try to add these items to your cart again in a few minutes."

If you or anyone sees this issue just reply back to the email and a ticket will be opened. The bulk of the time this happens because domain is not available anymore through. We frequently see people add domains to their cart, shop around at other registrars then come back to Sav a few days later to checkout. By that time the domain was registered by someone else at a different registrar which is why we issue an automatic refund.

•••
Hello all, quick question. I started using Sav a bit ago and have bought several domains. After purchasing, I wanted to change the DNS records (CNAME, TXT) but it won't let me:

DNS & Domain Forwarding>click "Manage DNS">Custom>click "Switch"...nothing.

Is this due to the domains still being locked the first 60 days? When using another registrar...I have access the same day to these records.

Thanks for your patience and replies.

•••
Hello all, quick question. I started using Sav a bit ago and have bought several domains. After purchasing, I wanted to change the DNS records (CNAME, TXT) but it won't let me:

DNS & Domain Forwarding>click "Manage DNS">Custom>click "Switch"...nothing.

Is this due to the domains still being locked the first 60 days? When using another registrar...I have access the same day to these records.

Thanks for your patience and replies.

We did have issues setting up DNS earlier this week that would cause this but are not aware of any active issues now. Feel free to reach out to our support team and we can take a look.

•••
If you or anyone sees this issue just reply back to the email and a ticket will be opened. The bulk of the time this happens because domain is not available anymore through. We frequently see people add domains to their cart, shop around at other registrars then come back to Sav a few days later to checkout. By that time the domain was registered by someone else at a different registrar which is why we issue an automatic refund.

All domain registrars will refund if the registration is not successful. What I said is that sometimes I registered domains on sav.com, the registration is successful but it is not in my account and refunded. The registration information is mine, I’m pretty sure that.

There is only one possibility for such a situation. sav applied for registration with the registry, and the registration was successful. For some reason, sav's system did not detect the registration successfully, so a refund was issued. You need to pay attention to this issue, which will cause your losses, not us.

I think you should check the number of domains that have been successfully registered on sav.com but do not belong to any SAV account.Trust me, there must be a lot.

•••
We did have issues setting up DNS earlier this week that would cause this but are not aware of any active issues now. Feel free to reach out to our support team and we can take a look.
Submitted. :)

•••
Hello All,

We just finished an audit of all the failed domain registrations. We found that over the last 5 days that some domain registrations did actually go through but the user was refunded and the domain was not delivered. We are emailing each user who purchased these specific domains today with instructions on how to re-register them if they are still interested. Thanks to everyone who submitted tickets to Sav Support to help us track it down!

•••
We’re Keeping .COM Registration Prices at $6.95

On September 1st, Verisign will increase the prices of .com domains. While other registrars are increasing prices for their customers, we’re keeping our .com registration price at an industry low of $6.95. Sav is excited to show our commitment to providing the lowest all-inclusive domain pricing!

Renewals and backorders of .com domains will change to $8.69. Transfers will stay at our low price of $7.95, which includes an extra year of registration.

Thanks for helping make Sav one of the fastest growing domain registrars in history.

Last edited:
•••
Hello All,

We just finished an audit of all the failed domain registrations. We found that over the last 5 days that some domain registrations did actually go through but the user was refunded and the domain was not delivered. We are emailing each user who purchased these specific domains today with instructions on how to re-register them if they are still interested. Thanks to everyone who submitted tickets to Sav Support to help us track it down!

@Nick R I haven't received the domain into my account yet or any email with instructions. The domain is still registered with Sav. (Ticket #1224126204)

Update: Just checked my bank account and I no longer see the charge on my card.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @snoopi - I see the ticket and will ensure you get a reply back this morning. My apologies for the delay.

•••
Ticket answered, issue is actually resolved, and the domain is now in my account. Thank you once again for your support @Nick R . (y) It's much appreciated!

•••
Great to hear @snoopi. We discovered an intermittent issue where 24 domains were registered between January and now that did not get processed properly. The system did not charge any of the users but it did it not add them to their accounts either. We will get them added to the everyone's account at no cost this week.

•••
We will get them added to the everyone's account at no cost this week.

Wow! This just keeps getting better and better!

Update: Just wanted to let everyone know that I have indeed got the domain free of charge, as @Nick R wrote above (received confirmation from customer support as well). You guys rock! Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R - I sold a domain on your marketplace (it was an auction) 3 days ago. The domain is not in my account anymore, it have a SAV landing page with a BIN price.

In my account, I see this:
Available Balance: $0.00
Pending Balance: $XXX

When I will get my money?

Thanks.

•••
@Nick R - I sold a domain on your marketplace (it was an auction) 3 days ago. The domain is not in my account anymore, it have a SAV landing page with a BIN price.

In my account, I see this:
Available Balance: $0.00
Pending Balance: $XXX

When I will get my money?

Thanks.
The funds will show up in the Pending Balance for 5 days after the domain arrives in the customer's account. After that, the funds will automatically move into your Available Balance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back