Dynadot

Sav.com Security Issues - Warning

NameSilo
Watch
Sav still relies on SMS only 2-factor authentication which is nowhere near as secure as using a real authenticator app such as 'Google Authenticator'm, Authy, Twilio, etc. Recently this weekend I was the victim of a sim-card attack where a remote hacker hijacked access to my phone number with Verizon.

I have my Sav username/password but now the 2-factor codes are not sending, I go to their contact page to submit a help desk ticket and behold, you cannot submit a help desk ticket or reach a real human being for help unless you are logged in, which you obviously can't do without access to your account. This is a huge flaw with obvious downsides for someone in my situation.

PayPal has also banned payments at Sav and they experience frequent service issues. DNS changes and nameserver changes experience frequent issues or sometimes just straight up don't change at all. I have given up on websites I was going to make using domains at Sav due to how frustrating and glitchy the back end is, despite their low registration and renewal prices.

Someone from Sav.com, please get back to me. My email is [email protected] which is also my account username. @Sav.com @sav

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nothing like a dude who just woke up today ... 4000 years after sav had paypal issues and resolved them... to spread some good old misinformation... u is hard to take seriously sleep head heh but as a joke u just kill it

•••
Personally I would remove my email from opening post, and tag @Nick R
Namecheap i have 10 backup codes stored as safe as epik stores personal info, and can use one of those in case authy goes dowń

•••
@Nick R please help, I'm still locked out of my Sav account due to 2FA codes not sending, not first time this has happened.

•••
send him a pm, that way he probably gets email notification of direct message

•••
Hello All. We are aware that we need to build a process for those to regain access to accounts that have been locked out. We are actively working on this and expanding our 2FA options. We will be looking for beta testers to try out a new sign-in/2fa process in the next few weeks. Please DM me is anyone is interested.

In the meantime, I did DM the OP. If this happens to anyone else, just make a new Sav account using a different email address and submit a ticket explaining the problem. Our support team can verify your identity and help you regain access to the account.

•••
Back