IT.COM

advice Sav.com problem

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rdom888

Top Member
Impact
I have sold a domain name through sav.com platform.
Now sav is asking to fill some tax forms.
As I am from India which form should I submit from the list provided at sav.com

Can suggestions ?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It did not got rejected and yes I received my payments
Hey brother.
They are asking to download Form 8233.
Did you download it, print it out, and then upload it?
How to proceed?
Is there a way to complete the process without this step?
Your help would be really appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
Thе payout form has a questionnaire asking me to fill out tax data with IRS supplied templates. According to their questionnaire, I am supposed to fill out W-8BEN.

Everything is simple until I get to a step where I must select Claim of Treaty Benefits (Part II). When I select my country there (Bulgaria, since we apparently have a treaty with the US) the site advises me to fill out Form 8233. However, according to the IRS website, Form 8233 is meant for individuals who are operating in the United States. I have never stepped foot there, and I all I want to do is to receive a payout through PayPal. I have the option to leave the Claim of Treaty Benefits part empty, but I get a warning that I may be subject to 30% tax? Is this how it is supposed to be? Sorry if my questions are dumb, but employers take care of tax-related issues over here, and it's my first time encountering the American IRS. I would fill out form 8233, but most of the fields there imply that I work/live in the US. E.g., Visa number, date of entry in the US, etc.
Did you find the workaround?

•••
Hey brother.
They are asking to download Form 8233.
Did you download it, print it out, and then upload it?
How to proceed?
Is there a way to complete the process without this step?
Your help would be really appreciated.

Yes, I have downloaded and have filled the brackets and uploaded back.. I did not print out or have done any such way..

•••
Just out of interest...

Who are these tax forms for? Is it for the purpose of taxes Sav have to pay or the seller? I've never had to fill out a tax form at any other marketplace so why is Sav different? Is it their country of origin?

•••
Yes, I have downloaded and have filled the brackets and uploaded back.. I did not print out or have done any such way..
Thanks and I filled the form. How much time do they take for verification? Do they send an e-mail or something?
Or Can I request payout after the form is filled?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks and I filled the form. How much time do they take for verification? Do they send an e-mail or something?
Or Can I request payout after the form is filled?
They will let you know via email if the form is approved or not

•••
Just out of interest...

Who are these tax forms for? Is it for the purpose of taxes Sav have to pay or the seller? I've never had to fill out a tax form at any other marketplace so why is Sav different? Is it their country of origin?
GoDaddy/Afternic makes you fill out tax forms. So does SH for naming contest earnings and Payoneer. You will primarily see it on US based companies.

I have often wondered about why with non US residents but its part of KYC and what the IRS wants for Americans.

•••
GoDaddy/Afternic makes you fill out tax forms. So does SH for naming contest earnings and Payoneer. You will primarily see it on US based companies.

I have often wondered about why with non US residents but its part of KYC and what the IRS wants for Americans.
I've never filled out anything for GD or Afternic or any other marketplace for that matter.

•••
I've never filled out anything for GD or Afternic or any other marketplace for that matter.
me too
I am worried now
getting my first afternic fund for 1250$

•••
this is a joke , you are the first site , forcing people to fill these tax applications without of giving them the right guidance to fill it.

•••
Hello @squad.domains - There is a link on the bottom of the form that will walk you through what to choose using a questionnaire. If you still have questions after that we would recommend reaching out to a local tax professional.

•••
Hello @squad.domains - There is a link on the bottom of the form that will walk you through what to choose using a questionnaire. If you still have questions after that we would recommend reaching out to a local tax professional.
I submitted my 823322 form
Can you please check. how long you will take?
please let me know.
Thanks

•••
You don’t have to do anything now. All done after the form is submitted.
Just Request payment. And it will get credited via the payment method you entered while filling the form within 2-3 days.
At least that’s what happened in my case.

•••
Thе payout form has a questionnaire asking me to fill out tax data with IRS supplied templates. According to their questionnaire, I am supposed to fill out W-8BEN.

Everything is simple until I get to a step where I must select Claim of Treaty Benefits (Part II). When I select my country there (Bulgaria, since we apparently have a treaty with the US) the site advises me to fill out Form 8233. However, according to the IRS website, Form 8233 is meant for individuals who are operating in the United States. I have never stepped foot there, and I all I want to do is to receive a payout through PayPal. I have the option to leave the Claim of Treaty Benefits part empty, but I get a warning that I may be subject to 30% tax? Is this how it is supposed to be? Sorry if my questions are dumb, but employers take care of tax-related issues over here, and it's my first time encountering the American IRS. I would fill out form 8233, but most of the fields there imply that I work/live in the US. E.g., Visa number, date of entry in the US, etc.

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I'M FROM CANADA AND SAME PROBLEM.... the W-8BEN other places have asked (although rarely) to fill out... but the SAV system says it's supposed to be 8233..... IT'S NON-SENSE and VERY FRUSTRATING!!

Last edited:
•••
1 week approval , what a joke this site is

•••

Last edited:
•••
i sold a domain in sav auction on 20/12, waiting 5 days for the fund available, sent the tax form, requested payout 26/12 and still waiting the fund till today, asked sav support and they told me still "verifying"

•••
My money is stuck in Sav right now. It's forcing the 8233 form which makes 0 sense.. I refuse to fill out a wrongful tax form that goes under my name.. no solutions despite efforts.. very disappointed to say the least.

Last edited:
•••
Hello. If anyone is having issues with payment not being approved within a few days, please DM me the details and I would be happy to look into it.

•••
Hello. If anyone is having issues with payment not being approved within a few days, please DM me the details and I would be happy to look into it.
Hi Nick,
Why auctions keep starting again and again? I am seeing some domains in the auctions since months.
You should leave it on the seller if he wants to restart the auction of his domain or not, instead of automatically restarting it.

•••
You don’t have to do anything now. All done after the form is submitted.
Just Request payment. And it will get credited via the payment method you entered while filling the form within 2-3 days.
At least that’s what happened in my case.
What payout methods do they support? I can't find anything on that on the entire site.

•••
Fill only name, pan number, address in 1,2,3,4 column,
On 2 page write "domain selling" in 11th column
Write your country in column 12 d
In column 14 write your residing native country
Last sign, enter date

Else all left blank
Thank you for the help!

Some doubts, do we need to fill PAN number in both 2 & 3? And I don't understand column 14, can you please explain what we have to fill there?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back