IT.COM

SAV.com - $5.95 .com Registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I haven't used them yet but I noticed they have .com for $5.95 and are icann accredited.

I noticed another member has been registering names with them.

Anyone have feedback about them?

@twiki Can you share your experience so far?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Everyone! Nick from the Sav team here. We appreciate all the great feedback in this thread and look forward to be an active participant on namePros moving forward. Let me see if I can add some clarity to a few points in this thread:

Payment Methods:
We currently work credit card processor called Braintree which is actually owned by PayPal. We use their Drop-In credit card integration which means your card details are sent directly to Braintree and never once hit our own servers. Because your card is tokenized and securely stored at Braintree, we are able to automatically process payments for your won auctions and caught backorders without having to ask for an authorization every time like we would with PayPal. Expanding our payment methods is something this is on our roadmap though.

NameKing:
We did acquire the NameKing ICANN accreditation about a year ago and have been working to re-brand it as Sav. We will continue to add new features and expand the number of TLDs we offer.

URL Redirects & DNS:
We just launched this feature a few hours ago! You can now set free redirects and free DNS from your Sav.com account by going to the domain’s settings page.

•••
FWIW, I have noticed Sav with some big nameserver changes...

Current nameserver total according to dailychanges = 248,150

upload_2019-12-19_14-47-43.png

I registered my first domains with them on November 2nd (receipt #3XX); as of December 16th (receipt #17XX).

I recently sold a domain registered with them under 60 day transfer lock via Dan. Buyer was able to create account and recieve domain push. Sale completed with no hiccups.

Additionally, they provide instant AUTH codes via their UI.

Negative, is I don't think they don't offer grace delete refunds. I had backordered a typo, and received a exception to policy grace delete refund.

Other than that, Sav has been great. Support has been responsive, helpful, and knowledgeable thus far.

Last edited:
•••
Hello All!

We wanted to clarify our position with @DAN.COM. We have always respected @DAN.COM and think they have a great marketplace. There are no rules at Sav.com against working with @DAN.COM or any other marketplace.

We are also working very hard on perfecting our own marketplace that has been in development for some time now. The domains listed for sale are from private group of beta testers we are working with, none of them are Sav itself. We are incredibly close to launching this and are excited to welcome all domain seller when it's up! This marketplace will include full Afternic and Sedo Fast Transfer support with PayPal to follow shortly after.

•••
We hope everyone had a great weekend and are grateful for the opportunity to answer all the great questions and suggestions.

Premium Domain Pricing – These are all domains owned by private sellers, not Sav. The prices for these domains are set by the sellers.

Two Factor Auth – We currently support SMS and Email for 2FA at this time but will look into adding additional options in the future. If anyone has an issue setting this up, please send a ticket to support(at)sav(dot)com and we will be happy to take a look.

Payment Method Removal – You can have a payment method removed by sending in a ticket to support(at)sav(dot)com

Landing Page UI – We are actively working on optimizing the UI of this page and make frequent changes to it. There will be multiple versions published over the next few months. We look forward to allowing all of our customers to list their domains (both at Sav and other registrars) for sale on Sav very soon!

Auction Bid Pre-Auth – As part of our bidder verification and fraud detection system, we pre-auth bids from all new bidders on Sav. A pre-auth is not a charge, it’s just a verification to ensure the card is active and has the fund available in the account if the bidder wins the auction. Once a bidder has won two auctions that were successfully paid for, we stop all pre-auths for that user. When an auction ends, we cancel all the pre-authorizations for those bidders that did not win. These usually take a just a few days to be processed and released depending the bidders bank.

WHMCS – This is a great suggestion. We can look into doing this after we launch our reseller platform later next year.

See the Cease and Desist letter we've sent you.
some thoughts:

- I don't believe DAN owns some kind of copyright to a plain look vanilla landing page. They were around before them, will be after too... It certainly is not a copy-paste. So SAV is fine from that perspective.

- How can DAN guarantee to clients that they will take ownership in less than 24 hours? They don't own the names and an actual owner might be hiking in mountains for a weekend.

We 100% have copyright over our UI/UX elements. We invest millions in designing our product pages and have track change records to prove how we got to our design.

•••
Hello Everyone! Nick from the Sav team here. We appreciate all the great feedback in this thread and look forward to be an active participant on namePros moving forward. Let me see if I can add some clarity to a few points in this thread:

Payment Methods:
We currently work credit card processor called Braintree which is actually owned by PayPal. We use their Drop-In credit card integration which means your card details are sent directly to Braintree and never once hit our own servers. Because your card is tokenized and securely stored at Braintree, we are able to automatically process payments for your won auctions and caught backorders without having to ask for an authorization every time like we would with PayPal. Expanding our payment methods is something this is on our roadmap though.

NameKing:
We did acquire the NameKing ICANN accreditation about a year ago and have been working to re-brand it as Sav. We will continue to add new features and expand the number of TLDs we offer.

URL Redirects & DNS:
We just launched this feature a few hours ago! You can now set free redirects and free DNS from your Sav.com account by going to the domain’s settings page.

Hello @Nick R
I do have a question about the auctions at Sav.com. Why does the auction process differ from every other domain auction site we know? When an auction is won, the bidder with the winning bid has time frame to pay for the domain, Godaddy has 48hrs and the other sites has their respective period also. So why the use of "Preauthorized Payment" when bidding for domains?

I placed a bid for a domain last week Friday but did not win, however, my card was charged because the preauthorized payment involved. Now that I did not win I am yet to get a refund for the sum charged. So this makes me think, assuming there were 114 bidders interested in a name and the auction ended in say $3,500.00, what happens to the preauthorized payment made by the 113 bidders who lost in action? Will Sav be refunding dollars every day for bidders who did not win? If 100 of the 114 bidders placed a bid above $1,000.00 then that means Sav just charged at least $100,000.00 from bidders who did not win the name. This, to my knowledge, does not happen in any auction in the domain industry.

So, I am quite confused about this modus operandi. I will appreciate if you can clarify further on this,

I also look forward to a refund of the preauthorized payment made for the bid I placed last Friday. I assume this should be almost immediate since the winning bidder has already paid for the domain.

Regards.

•••
To provide clarity in this thread: DAN does not and will never work with sav.com. We do not accept or process any transactions for SAV managed domains.

•••
They acquired NameKing. No other explanation for SAV to use NameKing Registration Agreement at checkout

links in SAV Terms of Service cite NameKing and 404

No clue how merger managed to stay wraps this age, I bet; Sav bought NameKing for the ICANN accreditation

https://www.sav.com/policies/registration-agreement.pdf

Last edited:
•••
One more negative, their UI is pretty bare bone. Really only nameserver access. No URL redirects or what not. Which is fine, as there are workarounds, such as setting EPIK nameservers for free URL redirects.

An example of their domain management UI:

upload_2019-12-19_15-19-46.png

•••
Sav,
Can you guys allow to remove and add payment methods whenever needed?
I have added my card but unable to remove it after the transaction. Usually i remove the card when the work is done, a step of caution i practice regardless of how fortified a payment gateway is.
Please add this step for users.

•••
You can sell domains there too, the landers are a sharp and precise 100% copies of DAN, I notified @DAN.COM long ago.
That cheap .com registration was already there in september when people were going crazy over epik's 6.99$ 300 likes.

I'm sure they won't be around long if they blatantly keep copying our UI/UX. We'll look into who the owner of SAV is, but Emerge Media is a seller with us that parks all their domains with DAN as well so we'd be surprised if they are the owners of SAV.

•••
some thoughts:

- I don't believe DAN owns some kind of copyright to a plain look vanilla landing page. They were around before them, will be after too... It certainly is not a copy-paste. So SAV is fine from that perspective.

- How can DAN guarantee to clients that they will take ownership in less than 24 hours? They don't own the names and an actual owner might be hiking in mountains for a weekend.

•••
To provide clarity in this thread: DAN does not and will never work with sav.com. We do not accept or process any transactions for SAV managed domains.

no one can tell u where to open escrow accounts but surely by above u cannot mean u will not take an auth code from client to transfer out a sav regged sold name..... thatd be beyond unreasonable, not to mention unprofessional toward yer clients..as then yer company or personal disputes would be beginnng to affect and reflect on yer clients sales and interfere with basic sale proceses and sales. frankly, pluggin in a sav auth code to get a name out, by all logic u cannot be calling "working with sav". ty

•••
So you are not delivering as stated earlier: we are aiming for later in the week of the 27th-31st of Jan. ???

These domains registered yesterday already have the feature:
http://ainfluence.com
http://freelancetop.com

They were aiming for the end of January, 4 months have passed and they still did not provide the option of selling your domains... meanwhile getting banned by dan...

afternic/sedo integration should be expected sometime in 2030 when all the domains will have transitioned to some virtual reality clouds...

as they say ideas are worthless, execution is everything... you may have a great LLL, sleek design but if your execution thus team fails nothing can help you...

•••
•••
Good Registrar (y)

No payment needed in advance on back orders?

The pricing lasts until 1/1/20. it will be $6.99 next year. also a get deal.

•••
you trust pay non-Paypal?

That is kinda a short sighted question.

Basically asking, do I trust my bank or credit card issuing company?

A better question would be about their services.

Do you trust a PayPal backorder service where you pay $8.50 up front for a domain, when a service that charges $5.95 via credit/debit upon delivery beats your $8.50 backorder?

e.g. It's not a matter of trust. It's a cold blooded heartless calculated decision to be first to the domain. As long as you can transfer out, the first priority is ensuring you obtain the domain first, and secondly (if registering in bulk with shallow pockets) at the best price possible. Obviously, a $10+ dropcatch backorder will beat your Sav.com or most other < $10 back order 99% of the time.

However, if a company were to start sharing expired auction proceeds with the registrant, and in theory, a registrant can make their money back +extra via expired domain proceeds, without having to pay extra to transfer out, that profit sharing registrar would perhaps supersede the risk of outbackordering your own backorder for a higher price, with hopes of or a sense of a backed or hedged initial investment (as an underlying last resort fail-safe).

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
You must have missed the Apple vs Samsung $1 billion thing. Designs do have copyright protection. And Sav looks obviously like an Undeveloped ripoff; if I were Dan, I would already be in touch with the lawyers to file a lawsuit.

Oh, another secret IP lawyer? )) You are confusing things, sir. Your excel spreadsheet will look as much similar to google spreadsheets or apple spreadsheets, as SAV lander looks to DAN. And, I am sure, DAN did not invent those, as they were not even around just few years back.

A design for a new product can revolutionize your industry, and the right logo design can help your business stand out in the crowd. Copyright law, however, only protects intellectual property that is fixed in a tangible form -- such as a book, piece of art or movie -- so many designs can't be copyrighted. To determine whether your design is covered by copyright law, you'll need to figure out whether your design can be fixed in some tangible form.

Copyright-eligible Designs

To be eligible for protection, your design will have to be represented in some tangible object. For example, if you come up with a new purse design and then create the purse, you'll need to copyright the purse. By doing so, you'll also be copyrighting the design. Further, your design will have to be original. You can't, for example, add some glitter to someone else's purse design and then copyright it.

- I'd like to see DAN designed lander-purse ))))

- They'd still have to prove that their design was original and not glitter to someone else's design )

Now Apple's design was in a tangible object - phone. I hope you see the difference now.

•••
hi, u have good support... by email... and you are here too... and some attractive prices on some tlds, without which today a registrar cannot survive or make name for themselves..... so kudos for all this.

however, as much as I love simplicity in all things in life and am a minimalist.. i think you went a bit too far with that with your website/company/interface. yes we can do all a domainer needs to do but for god's sake, I must use my fingers to find out how many names I actually own there.

then do things one by one with dns, or other.... once I'm done counting them.

do you plan to add some more of what is still considered by most as basic functionalities of a registrar, any time very soon?

many thanks.
Exactly and sometimes the simplicity of the website pains me a lot that there is absolutely no two step verification involved in almost everything you do with sav.com, there is no two step verification, there is no email alerts of successful login, no option to remove the payment methods manually, you have to you have them emailed for every tiny bit you want to do with the website, the website pretends to be overly simplified but yet it is so convoluted in the end that you have to seek support for everything @Nick R

•••
Since when?

The last I heard was from @LaszloSchenk on March 24th, 2020 in the Dan.com official nP thread.

I didn't think it was explicitly stated then that you can't sell names registered at Sav.com on Dan.com

Laszlo did say

"...we aim to have as many escrow accounts with as many registrars as possible..."

"...we will never enter into an official collaboration with SAV...."

Perhaps I interpreted that wrong, and you @Abdullah Abdullah are correct that you can't sell your Sav.com domains in Dan.com.

Or did something else occur in the interim?

I removed my domains from Dan.com because of this dispute. I sure do miss Dan though. I'm going to try Efty out again. But I'd love to go back to Dan if they could resolve their issue with Sav. I made an impulse decision to remove my domains after seeing the above Dan/Sav feud.To each their own. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for Sav landing pages to open up.
I heard it before and yesterday I asked them officially , I mean Dan, they will not deal with Sav. I had a name on Sav that I wanted to process on Dan because it was already having its landers. I asked ao I wont get stuck and I was told.

" Dear Abdullah,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We do not deal with Sav.com as they are not reliable unfortunately.

Have a great week."

•••
If you want us to look further into it and see if that is indeed the case, please reach out to our support team and we would be happy to take a deeper look.
I have nothing to add regarding my VISA Platinum... it works everywhere (with all other registrars), except Sav.

Last edited:
•••
They dont accept Paypal (always a catch)

But ur right, their $5.99 Registration trump's even Name.com $6.99 .com reg promo

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back