IT.COM

SAV backorders

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Anyone using them wanting to share his experience?

I am not looking to beat other backorder services of course. Just a way to get the same kind of names I do with the desktopcatcher software.

My two specific questions are:

1) Can they beat the api softwares? Even if the they only have a couple of direct connections this should be easy.

2) This second question is more important. Are the names going most of the time in auction? Because this will look suspicious for the kind of names I am speaking about (basically are more re-registrations and not real catches).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SAV have exclusive expires and those SAV will get. But yes they will beat hand reg for sure, but they can't for their lives, beat discount DC.

I mostyly backorder domains that I know will most likely drop for sure and I don't want to wait up to catch. They have decent co, io type inventory.
You can copare with professional catchers like DC, NJ, Hexonet etc, but I think they do win the exclusive expires.

regarding auctions, if two people orders, they will got to auction no doubt

•••
Thanks for replying.

I just want to use them for the pending delete .com that are not worth the DC or SN fee.

Basically the names I get with my api catching software, so they dont need to beat almost anyone actually...

It will be more easy when I am on the go just with my phone to paste a list there than set up my software.

I am not using the discount DC option as HugeDomains have a priority on that names. The last thing I want is to give my researches for free to another domainer that can register the name for him at his discretion instead of doing this for me as an impartial service...

Last edited:
•••
Great experience, already caught 2 domains, at no extra cost! The UI/UX still needs work but the price is just too good to give up.

No other backorder service has worked for me.

Last edited:
•••
Great experience, already caught 2 domains, at no extra cost! The UI/UX still needs work but the price is just too good to give up.

No other backorder service has worked for me.

Thank you. I will probably try their service.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for replying.

I just wanted to use them for the pending delete .com that are not worth the DC or SN fee.

Basically the names I get with my api catching software, so they dont need to beat almost anyone actually...

It will be more easy when I am on the go just with my phone to paste a list there than set up my software.

I am not using the discount DC option as HugeDomains have a priority on that names. The last thing I want is to give my researches for free to another domainer that can register the name for him at his discretion instead of doing this for me as an impartial service...
This is the exact same reason I use it and and you can't beat the price either.

•••
I put around 100 not high demand pending delete .com without success on SAV.
However I can tell the same result for example with Godaddy.
May be the demand for that domains was not so low.
But I wondering if a backorder service that doesn't catch anything makes sense...

•••
Who catched this 100 names?

If they were catched by DC/SN it means there was some demand for them...

It make sense for the names you would hand register after the drop. The api software do this, you beat the hand registrations or maybe you dont beat anybody but at least you save time.

They offer this service at no extra cost, if it works properly is usable.

Godaddy backorders are worthless, they can register the name hours later. At least this is what I read here. I didn't use that in the last 10 years.

In the past (15 years ago) Godaddy have been able to catch a few good names. I remember reading on DNJ about a Godaddy backorder name sold for 140K (not really sure about the price, too many years passed, but it was high). A few members of this forum were able to get some very good names. But this was ages ago.

Till a few years ago Pheenix and another service (I don't remember the name now but it was owned or affiliated with namepal) were able to get good names with a limited number of connections.

Dropcatch killed all the small backorder services. They have invested a lot, not sure how many registrars they own but the number is very huge.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @passini If there are any questions we can answer directly, please feel free to DM me. A great part of Sav is that you only get charged if we are able to capture the domain for you, so there is really nothing to lose to give us a shot.

It would be an interesting test to pick 10 .com domains with relatively low interest to ensure other registrars do not attempt to register them, submit backorders at Sav then run your API software and share the results.

•••
I tried SAV with several backorders, only one time they got the domain I wanted and it was a low interest name, so just like you guys said SAV is good for not premium names, their catching service needs lots of improvement in my opinion but it is ok..time will tell I guess.

•••
I got 3 successful backorders from Sav, they weren't premium domains though.

•••
I have tried sav backordering.
Got 10 domains, but 2 went to auction.

Sav says that the auction lasts 10 days. Quite long.

And to my surprise for one domain that I backordered, went on auction and I'm the only bidder.
How can it be? Don't understand this situation.

•••
@tadassilverfox - If a domain has multiple backorders, an auction is started and the opening bid is given to the first user who placed the backorder.

•••
@Nick R I have a big problem. I am waiting your help. Please check you PM box. It has been a long time. Please.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back