Domain Empire

SAV Backorders ending up in other SAV accounts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

3sixty

Established Member
Impact
So I wonder if anyone has tried using SAV for backorders. I will start by saying I tried them and had a few successes and find the service generally fine.

But I have also had 2 domains which I backordered and are now registered at other accounts at Sav.

So either:-

-the backorder service is slower than manually registering the domain through Sav

-or something unsavoury has happened and rather than go to the 10 day action, these domains were kept/registered by someone else using Sav.

I am not accusing, I am just laying out the two possible options.

When asked how come I backordered yet the domain was registered by another account at Sav the answer was the following:-

"Backorders are never guaranteed. All we can tell you is that the domain is currently in another user's account. Better luck next time."

Which is fine, if not for it being in another users account at another registrar. :dead:

What's everybody else experiences?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I never had any backorders with them but I see they run auctions if 2 or more people interest in the same domain? There are quite a lot of auctions that show "Pending Delete" which is maybe it was back-ordered by multiple people?

•••
I never had any backorders with them but I see they run auctions if 2 or more people interest in the same domain? There are quite a lot of auctions that show "Pending Delete" which is maybe it was back-ordered by multiple people?

Exactly. If the domain was backordered by someone else then it should have gone to an auction which it never did.

For example New.Studio was registered on 06/06/2021 by an account on Sav, but I placed a backorder the day before on Sav.

So either someone manually registered this at Sav before the backorder hit, or someone is using their own backorder api that hits Sav quicker than their own backorders.

Or there is another reason.

•••
Exactly. If the domain was backordered by someone else then it should have gone to an auction which it never did.

For example New.Studio was registered on 06/06/2021 by an account on Sav, but I placed a backorder the day before on Sav.

So either someone manually registered this at Sav before the backorder hit, or someone is using their own backorder api that hits Sav quicker than their own backorders.

Or there is another reason.

That is strange.

There is one possibility that you might have missed the time to backorder? I see the .studio drops twice daily "Time Window: 01:00 AM and 03:00 PM UTC"

Some back ordering website doesn't count/accept orders less than 24/12 hours before they delete.

Last edited:
•••
Sav is full of problems on the back end. Problems I've never seen from anyone else.

The other day I was charged for a successful back order and then they decided to auction the domain off anyway and just keep my money too. Good thing I noticed. Everyone should be double checking to make sure they receive all domains paid for.

My guess for the OP's issue is that you have to submit the backorder in time for their system to recognize it before the domain drops. Its like 24 hours before the actual drop time.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, it happens to everyone at SAV.com, they are not honest people. There are human bugs at SAV.com which snatches the rights of its clients clandestinely.

•••
Too many reports of bugs in SAV. What's happening?!
Although I'll not say they are dishonest, just their software engineers are under par, reckless or both.

Last edited:
•••
I use SAV for both auctions and backorders.

The auctions--everytime I won an auction, the domain would NEVER appear in my account. I opened a support ticket with SAV each time. Just this week, they finally fixed the bug in their system. I knew what the problem was...the auctioned domain would be expiring, and then after they renewed it, it didn't transfer to my account. I never got the impression of dishonesty; just well, a lot of chaos behind the scenes.

Backorders: I don't win many, but I'm cheap. But I haven't noticed anything odd.

Overall, I keep very careful track of what I buy, what I bid on, what backorders, etc.

Hope the original poster gets what they paid for!

•••
I am having an issue with SAV right now. I don't often use them but I figured I would give the service a try.

Today I noticed that I could not change my SAV nameservers.

I caught a domain on 7/11/2021
I placed the backorder 12 hours before the drop.
I was charged, success confirmation sent, domain is in my account.
However I cannot change the nameservers, and the WhoIs is odd:

Registrar:Sav.com, LLC - 14
Registered On:2021-07-11
Expires On:2021-05-31
Updated On:2021-07-11

The domains looks like this in my account:
wkj4sWo.png

You can see that no nameservers are assigned, and that it has a date of 5/31/2021 which is the expiry date on the WhoIs.

This could be a database error, but I am highlighting it here for future customers that might have this issue.

Save support ticket created... I will update as this resolves.

Last edited:
•••
Save support ticket created... I will update as this resolves.

Sav resolved this issue moments ago.

The domain was improperly linked to my account via their automated processes.

... it happens.

Took a few days, but they were able to fix this situation to my satisfaction.

Last edited:
•••
Why anyone is backordering there I have no idea. They have a horrible reputation overall with never ending problems on their website.

•••
got in touch with there representative here to help me with a support ticket his reply was 'we have FAQ for that' should give you an idea how much they appreciate there customers horrible customer service.

•••
Thanks for starting this thread. I have been using SAV for a few months (for the first time). I don't plan on backordering anything, so I can't speak to that aspect of their service.

I have transferred roughly 30 domains there with no issue. As far as nameservers go, I always select "Keep Same Nameservers When Transferring" (or something along those lines). So far, so good.

If anything of note happens, I'll definitely mention it somewhere here.

Last edited:
•••
I have backordered quite a bunch of domains with them and it worked good. Also transfered 1 domain without any problems.

I would say, you're getting free backordering service, so you shoudn't complain.
You can allways choose paid backordering services.

•••
I apparently "won" a backorder today (not at auction), just one Sav caught for me and I was the sole requestor. it's still not in my account but Sav says it'll take 24 hours to appear. First successful backorder with them. Hopefully the process goes more smoothly than this thread describes

•••
Sometime ago, they used to catch "backorders", and price it $280. Now, a new scheme

•••
Sometime ago, they used to catch "backorders", and price it $280. Now, a new scheme
I have successfully received backorders from SAV for reg fee. If this is the new "scheme," I'm all for it.

•••
I have successfully received backorders from SAV for reg fee. If this is the new "scheme," I'm all for it.

My dropped domains (that I missed renewals) used to be priced $280!

Merely venting my anguish ; )

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back