Dynadot

discuss Sales Strategy For More Revenue

NameSilo
Watch
For those that own thousands of average-good quality brandcentric domains, do you generate more revenue overall by:

- BIN-pricing high and selling fewer domains
- BIN-pricing low and selling more domains
- Leaving most on β€œmake offer”

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems BIN price cannot be shown at Afternic parking page, only inquiry form, right?

As far as I'm aware, they've only inquiry form.

•••
Thanks Elliot for your feedback.

1) Most of the time, my pricing is not set according to the inquirer/buyer coming in my way so it doesn't bother me much.

I agree with your point 2 and 3 which are the downsides but since I'll be testing for at least 6 months, I'll share the results as the time goes by...

Purely statistically, those 6 months might not be telling as well. There are some general ups and downs with domain sales that can get amplified within relatively smaller portfolios, even the ones in thousands.

How about you split your whole portfolio 50/50 RANDOMLY and allocate them between Afternic and an alternative (Uni or Dan, e.g.) and THEN give it 6 months or a year and compare?

•••
Purely statistically, those 6 months might not be telling as well. There are some general ups and downs with domain sales that can get amplified within relatively smaller portfolios, even the ones in thousands.

How about you split your whole portfolio 50/50 RANDOMLY and allocate them between Afternic and an alternative (Uni or Dan, e.g.) and THEN give it 6 months or a year and compare?

I totally agree that with ups and down, it's not easy to understand or get complete clear picture but I'm still very confident of getting desired results as well as clear picture in 6 months period considering the number and quality of domains.

Splitting the portfolio of 50% between Afternic and Uni would give me confusion to understand clearly which is why I pointed all domains to Afternic to understand in better way. I think it's of no use to keep at Uni since that is already tested for years when I'm already trying some other thing for now.

•••
Today I made big changes with my entire portfolio and pointed all domains to Afternic nameservers. I'm sure to see better results in terms of overall sales. Shifted from Uni sales lander to Afternic which wasn't easy to decide but last few months were going good in sales via Afternic which finally made me decided to give it a go.

I haven't calculated exact sales % with platforms but I think half of the sales had happened via Afternic last year which was surprising to me.

There are bad feedbacks regardin Afternic lander, check this post of @slobizman:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ho...es-lander-pages-convert.1124652/#post-7317567

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back