NameSilo

Sales Landers - Domain Market Pro v Efty v Tough Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which do you prefer?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Hey All,

I've been looking for a decent Sales Lander and Portfolio Marketplace option. Have looked at these three and of course checked out the features for each. Just wondering if anyone here has used a couple of them (or ultimately all three) and can give a real-world comparison since theory is not always the same as practice. Keen to hear opinions. You can address anything you like/dislike - whether features, value for money, etc. Prefer not to hear from the vendors themselves (unless it is to correct a factual inaccuracy) sorry, since I'm after end-user feedback rather than marketing speak or features that I have already read about on your website.

Are there any other decent options I've missed? My preference is a no commission option like this, though I am not totally opposed to a commission-based option such as undeveloped.

Thanks in advance!

Adding a Poll for fun. Please only make a selection if you've actually used one of these yourself for at least a few months. I will not necessarily be sway by the poll since clearly many people will have used only one of these.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bodis has decent landers (use the inquiry form directly) and no commissions. Undeveloped has a 9% commission but good lander and well developed as well as developing product.

•••
I've always like Efty. Good landers, Flexible configurations, Escrow.com. No commissions. I think they provide good value for the money. I think they provide the "gold standard" that others try to emulate. Like @anantj, I think you should have included Undeveloped in you poll.

I would have to qualify, that although I've looked at all the sites mentioned, from the buyers PoV, I don't actually use them as a mode of selling my domains.

•••
•••
I've only used two of these -- Efty and ToughDomains. Both have pros and cons.

I'm currently with Efty because for me it has the best features for the Cost (the plan I use is $84/year). SSL Pages, Integrated payment options (Escrow, PayPal, Payoneer, etc...)

But one thing I really liked about ToughDomains landers is the ability to add your own "ad" campaign using up to 3 different Banner Ads. But to get that feature you need to spend more on one of their higher Plans. And you can have your entire portfolio included in the ToughDomains Market Place -- so that might pay off if their Market Place becomes a go-to market place in the future.

Regards,
DN

•••
Undeveloped
Offers very clean landing pages
A chat between you and the seller
During the week they can close a deal with a hour
And only 9%

Best landers I came across so far. Only down side so far intermediate bank fees and slow response time in the weekend

Last edited:
•••
Thanks all for the comments. Yeah, I realise undeveloped is very popular on these boards, but left it off the poll because I was looking at no-commission options. However I still haven't dispensed with the idea. If the weight of opinion is heavily toward undeveloped then I could certainly be swayed.

I'm interested that there's only 1 vote so far for DMP. As far as I can tell they have the best features of the 3, though unfortunately to get a decent qty of domains listed (500+) you have to be spending $200/yr. Of course $200 is nothing if you sell a few $x,xxx domains through it, but I guess what I am reading into this is that undeveloped's popularity seems to indicate that a lot of people prefer to secure the sale first and pay a commission after than to pay up-front. Or do people actually prefer the undeveloped lander to that of DMP/Efty and think it converts better. Would be really interested to know from the undeveloped fans whether it's the former or latter (or both for that matter). Thanks for the input.

•••
•••
•••
I guess what I am reading into this is that undeveloped's popularity seems to indicate that a lot of people prefer to secure the sale first and pay a commission after than to pay up-front. Or do people actually prefer the undeveloped lander to that of DMP/Efty and think it converts better. Would be really interested to know from the undeveloped fans whether it's the former or latter (or both for that matter). Thanks for the input.
Anyone care to comment on this? Do you use undeveloped just because of the commission structure (meaning no upfront costs) or because you think they have the best landers around?

•••
I personally have had best success in being in all domain marketplaces. There are many markets where you can list your names for free some spend more marketing then others. I dont think it should be an all or none with any marketplace...we offer free accounts to everyone but if you are happy with your landers then you can also just bulk upload all your names to our marketplace 500 at a time for free...efty doesnt offer a free account option and Dan doesnt allow all the options with your store and landers like we do...they all have pros and cons.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back