IT.COM

advice Sale without outbounding

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business god

Established Member
Impact
Hi friends,
I want to know what are the chances of getting a domain sale without outbounding ?
Also how effective is listing domain names in homepages at godaddy auctions and sedo?
Please reply.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi friends,
I want to know what are the chances of getting a domain sale without outbounding ?.

Names can be sold without outbound.

IMO, chances to sell a name generally depends on the quality of the name, the price and, the size of the potential buyer's marketplace for the name.

Someone types in the name for whatever reason they decided to type it in , they arrive at your name - they see the name is for sale, see the price and then decide to pursue ( or in most cases ) not to pursue a purchase via inbound.

Or, the name is listed someplace where active domain buyers review names for sale, come across the name and price and decide to pursue a purchase of the name by inbound.

Last edited:
•••
Names can be sold without outbound.

IMO, chances to sell a name generally depends on the quality of the name, the price and, the size of the potential buyer's marketplace for the name.

Someone types in the name for whatever reason they decided to type it in , they arrive at your name - they see the name is for sale, see the price and then decide to pursue ( or in most cases ) not to pursue a purchase via inbound.

Or, the name is listed someplace where active domain buyers review names for sale, come across the name and price and decide to pursue a purchase of the name by inbound.
Is it possible to build a carrier in domaining without outbounding , sir?

•••
Hi friends,
I want to know what are the chances of getting a domain sale without outbounding ?
Also how effective is listing domain names in homepages at godaddy auctions and sedo?
Please reply.
For that strategy to work, you must have your domain(s) listed everywhere possible.
Most importantly, you must organize your domains such that each has its for-sale landing page. Better still, setup your marketplace and link the BUY NOW form to other major marketplaces such as Godaddy, Sedo etc.

Overall, like @WatchDogue has mentioned, it all depends on the quality of the domains.

•••
If you have a quality domain the client will find you even if the domain is not listed and does not resolve. In the world of whois privacy a contact lander does make it easier for contact but in most cases a motivated buyer starts by checking if the domain is registered and if it is he punches it in the address bar.

That is the basics..... if someone wants it they will come to you.

Now what some of my peers here are saying about auctions and marketplaces increases your odds because it is like window shopping. Someone may not be thinking of your domain but sees it for sale and it makes them want it. Very much like wanting that shiny red sports car in the window.

•••

Good question - is it possible to build a career without outbounding, well anything is possible though, is it likely?

Again IMO much depends on the quality of your names, their prices and the pool of likely buyers for your names.

Also what is a " career " for one person may not be a " career " for another person.

With high quality names it is likely possible although I am not a career domineer nor an active daily
buyer / seller player in domains.

You might consider putting your name/s in the APPRAISAL section for possible replies from various NP members and get opinions regarding the quality / value of the name/s and the potential likelihood of domaining as a career.

•••

It all depends on the quality of the name(s). My last 3 sales came without outbound marketing...just simply parked with an accurate/fair pricing (plus 20% buffer in case I might be willing to negotiate) and a buy it now button.

btw, half of those sales came thru the Epik marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
It all depends on the quality of the name(s). My last 3 sales came without outbound marketing...just simply parked with an accurate/fair pricing (plus 20% buffer in case I might be willing to negotiate) and a buy it now button.

btw, half of those sales came thru the Epik marketplace.
how to determine fair/accurate pricing?
which is the genuine appraisal platform?

•••
Hi friends,
Please reply.

Pretty good chances, just need to acquire decent domains. Ive sold 4 domains so far. 3 of them were inbound

•••

There are a couple of good threads here that have alot of opinions and ideas on that...,the search feature will help them turn up (I don't have any of the links saved).

The automated bots can sometimes be close but more often not. For fun I punch in the ones offered by Epik, Godaddy, and as long as they are free I will use Name Worth...then use those for a starting point.

What matters most are the visits, clicks, from when and where a user is from etc. Voodoo has an awesome platform for parking that will give you some of this data.

Then you add a HUGE dose of insight and intuition that can only be gained from experience but until that point arrives...try the appraisal section here...you will often get some good information from other domainers.

Last edited:
•••

fair pricing for a domainer is the top dollar you can get.

Last edited:
•••
Pretty good chances, just need to acquire decent domains. Ive sold 4 domains so far. 3 of them were inbound
which platform you used?
how much time it take to sell your domains?

•••
which platform you used?
how much time it take to sell your domains?
3 sales were on Undeveloped ( 1 of them was outbound ) and 1 on BrandBucket

•••
As others have said, with good names someone else will think of, as long as you have professional working landers, people will find you. If it is a more unique brandable type name, your best chances, despite the commissions, are probably on one of the brandable marketplaces. If a good general purpose domain, but less likely to be guessed, maybe a clever play on words, you need to be on places like Undeveloped, Afternic, Sedo, ToughDomains, etc.or have your own site on Efty or self programmed and promote the overall portfolio enough to be noticed (even if you do not outbound of the name itself).

If you are asking about probability, industry wide (i.e. looking at all domain names for sale) the probability of a specific domain name selling in any particular year is of the order of 1% (possibly a bit higher - depends on what fraction of sales are publicly recorded). That is just a statistical number - it does not apply to any particular domain name or portfolio.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I don't know about building a careers out of it, but all my sales have been inbound so far

•••
If you want to sell domains via inbound you need domains that get inquiries and offers.
Normally the better the domain, the more interest it gets.

Brad

•••

Anything is possible, but you need capital and a lot of other skills to make it happen.

It is highly unlikely someone entering the market today with no experience and limited capital will make a career out of it.

Brad

•••
For 11+ years I had only 2 outbound sales.
I don't spend my time on such activity.

•••
Back