Dominion.Domains

Sahar Sarid, Guilty Until Proven Innocent?

Labeled as news in Domain Industry News started by Whizzbang, May 20, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. cartoonz

cartoonz Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Irony -
    Millions of people's lives destroyed by website capitalizing on instant internet reputation destruction, with an extortion kicker....

But when the operator of the website is finally stopped...
    Sorry, I've known Sal for as long as anybody and I like the guy... but I've despised his unethical reputation/extortion business model from day one. The internet judges swiftly, he capitalized on that - now that it is he who is under focus, the same fate awaits him... epitome of karma

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Whizzbang

Whizzbang Active Member ParkLogic Staff VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Keep reading the article....
    I think you'll find that I was defending our legal system and not the accused. :)

3. hookbox

hookbox Active Member VIP

I don't agree. I read it twice and in my opinion it is not a defense of the process but a defense of the person.

4. cartoonz

cartoonz Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

The millions of people whose booking photos were published were all entitled to the same legal standards. "Innocent until proven guilty" is rarely how the internet "lynch mob" reacts. It is because of this very phenomena that the mugshots reputation extortion model worked.

To lament the exact same reaction to the operator of that business being ensnared and vilified by the exact same mechanism is ridiculous. The same fire he used to extort others is now burning him.

5. Whizzbang

Whizzbang Active Member ParkLogic Staff VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Really? That was not my intention.
    I wanted to defend the legal process (presumption of innocence), be compassionate to the victims (who are often forgotten) and highlight that regardless of the court's decision I believe that mugshots.com used an unethical business model.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: