IT.COM

.RU (Russia) extension?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The population of Russia is over 141,927,297 people. Lots of .RU domains are sold for over $5000 on a daily basis.

Would any of NamePros members be interested to register domains in .RU extension for $6.99 per domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i possibly would be interested in that offer

•••
Me too, although only if the offer comes from a registrar known to be reliable. Although a few sidenotes have to be kept in mind:
- Russians in general have no good knowledge of English, so a domain may only be valuable when it's in Russian language.
- .ru domains are notorious for being used by spammers, so this could give a .ru domain a somewhat negative undertone.

PS: are .com.ru domains still existing? This used to be the ONLY free ccTLD in the world where you had complete control of the domain nonetheless (unlike .tk which is run with severe restrictions if using a free domain)

•••
.ru Registry actually changed their policy, they seem to require a company Registration, as they are demanding official Paper with company Registration Numbers etc.

•••
Does anyone know if .com.ru will ever take new registrations (free as in the past, or paid) ?

•••
.ru Registry actually changed their policy, they seem to require a company Registration

They did change their policy, but it has absolutely nothing to do with Company registration. From now on, all data the domain name is being registered to, has to be verified by providing scanned copy of your ID or Passport. Once scanned copy is provided all domains become verified and no more questions asked.

Does anyone know if .com.ru will ever take new registrations (free as in the past, or paid) ?

.com.ru, .net.ru, .org.ru, .pp.ru are no longer free to register. Big guys are now thinking of a fee to charge for new registrations.

•••
But .com.ru does remain to exist? They will just ask money for it from now on?

Back in the days of free .com.ru's I wanted one but somehow people talked me out of it with the excuse that sending a copy of your ID to Russia was a bad idea. I somewhat regret not having regged one back then, after all ICANN somewhat plays as a watchdog so I doubt the Russian registry can use your data for anything bad. This isn't some obscure company, but an official institute controled by ICANN.

•••
This isn't some obscure company, but an official institute controled by ICANN.
No way.
Icann controls gTLDs but has no say in ccTLDs. Each country is free to manage its own extension as they please. Some registries are poorly run and some even have a reputation for being downright corrupt.

•••
Send me a PM with more info re the details for .RU registration for 6.99 USD

•••
•••
any news about this offer?

I am currently translating the registration panel into English. It will take me 1-2 days.

For now, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the .RU extension rules and regulations especially those about domain ownership transfers.

.RU is a bitch. You can't transfer domain in few clicks, but YOU ARE 100% protected from domain theft! All transfers require paperwork to be submitted, and I will do my best to work around this mess a little bit, so you don't have to submit too much.

By the way, our company is partnering with one of the biggest accredited domain registrars in Russia REG.RU and we will be happy to expand our services to international customers.

•••
.ru a bitch? Only for those who trade yes, but for those who want a domain for own use, being 100% protected against theft is a relief. In fact, I wish more registrars for more extentions would still use paperwork. Sure, it makes transfers a bit slower, but it also would be safer for those names you want to keep for your own websites.

As for dnsau.com.ru : I would be surprised they can still offer free .com.ru domains when the official registry doesn't offer them anymore without a fee being paid. So it'd surprise me if DNSau.com.ru would still be able to offer them for free. I may be wrong and it would be great if it would be an honest set-up (I'd definitely reg a domain then) but wouldn't it be the case that DNSau registers the .com.ru in their own name and lets you use it without really owning the domain yourself? Other than that I cannot see how they could offer something for free while all other registration points ask money for the same extention.

•••
I checked out REG.RU a few months ago. Didn't look to bad but the price was too high. But 6.99$ is a good price :)

Our current Russian partner offers an english interface and you can upload the required documents on the fly .

G'luck with the translation ;)

•••
OK guys looks like I am pretty much done with translation.

Here is what I got: http://CheapDomains.ru
It is functional and ready to register .RU domains.

Please let me know of any bugs in this topic or via PM.

---------

P.S. If you decide to register your first .RU domains, please make sure you enter real registration info, otherwise you will not be able to transfer the domain ownership rights and official registrar will have the right to cancel your registration without refund.
Have a State ID, Driver's Licence or Passport - use them! Don't enter fake data unless you want to use domains in bad faith )

Last edited:
•••
This promo code will credit your account by 200 points, which is equal to $2.

405113-899297-486235

•••
I would like to answer few questions about this offer:

Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
A: We accept all major credit cards through PayPal and PayPal payments as well.

Q: How long does it take for domain name to be registered after I place an order?
A: Domains are registered momentarily. WHOIS info for .RU is updated every 15 minutes.

Q: Once I point the domain to DNS of my web hosting provider, how it will take for my website to become accessible?
A: It takes up to 12 hours.

•••
There are lots of 4-letter "dot .RU's" left for anyone to grab.

I have experienced over 30 4L.RU sales last year. All of them we in the Low-Mid $Xxxx range. BTW, I own over 3000 four letter domains in .RU extension and buying more on a daily basis.

Any of you who will be willing to purchase 100 domains or over, please let me know, and I will lower your registration costs to $5 per domain.

This offer will last for just 30 days from the date of this post.

•••
I will also introduce an API interface to all of CheapDomains.ru users which will make it possible to register domains in real-time using your own software solutions.

Cheers.

•••
1 registered user and no domain registrations. Waste of time ...

See you guys later :)

•••
1 registered user and no domain registrations. Waste of time ...

See you guys later :)

Wooooow Media, was just about to register and purchase but saw your last comment. That's hardly going to generate new custom. It takes time for these things to filter through. I've just seen this thread for the first time as I'm sure many others have too.
I appreciate the time and effort you have put it and I hope it works but please don't be so impatient as flippant remarks wont do anybody any good :)

You said there are lots of 4 letter RU's left, perhaps you could post a few examples?

Last edited:
•••
studio500, I am online over 12 hours a day since 2004 and I learned that if someone wants something, he gets it one way or another. If you want to register .RU's, just go ahead and do it.

I just don't like to waste my time on something that does not worth the effort. Nevertheless, I will be providing quality support to anyone who goes with CheapDomains.ru

>>You said there are lots of 4 letter RU's left, perhaps you could post a few examples?

Sure, not a problem. Here is a quick list of available 4-Letter .RU domains up for grabs:

PHP:
daie.ru
daia.ru
beia.ru
faia.ru
doio.ru
feie.ru
beie.ru
boio.ru
coio.ru
beio.ru
doie.ru
ceio.ru
coia.ru
boia.ru
deie.ru
faie.ru
feio.ru
ceie.ru
doia.ru
coie.ru
foio.ru
haia.ru
ieme.ru
iebe.ru
ioco.ru
hoio.ru
heia.ru
iele.ru
iafo.ru
iaha.ru
geie.ru
gaie.ru
geio.ru
iope.ru
ieca.ru
iaco.ru
iose.ru
loia.ru
iepe.ru
iebo.ru
heio.ru
iome.ru
ieba.ru
iafa.ru
iofa.ru
ieio.ru
iofe.ru
ieho.ru
iepa.ru
iane.ru
iefo.ru
iefe.ru
ioha.ru
iahe.ru
iado.ru
loie.ru
iepo.ru
iere.ru
hoie.ru
ielo.ru
iole.ru
iobo.ru
iaio.ru
iopo.ru
loio.ru
iete.ru
leio.ru
iato.ru
iora.ru
leie.ru
ioce.ru
iaba.ru
haie.ru
iehe.ru
iobe.ru
iale.ru
iede.ru
ieha.ru
iedo.ru
peio.ru
reie.ru
naie.ru
peie.ru
neie.ru
poie.ru
poia.ru
reio.ru
noio.ru
roio.ru
soio.ru
teio.ru
taie.ru
toia.ru
toio.ru
seia.ru
toie.ru
teie.ru

Also, I can generate domains by the specific mask for you and make sure they are available to register.

P.S. All **TV.RU's are taken and lots of them have been successfully sold. ;)

•••
Thanks for the reply and list Media, I have registered and hope to purchase very soon. I think the deal you have offered is amazing considering some registras are charging $162 - $49 for this same service!

Bargain!!! Just need to find my domains now :)
Thanks for sharing and repped for the effort too.

•••
wich is the value of LLLL.ru domains?

•••
Pichichi,

I have few hundred domains like ETTE.RU, TEMO.RU that were registered back in 2006 at this point they worth low-mid. $xxx to a reseller. End-users are ready to pay High $xxx - Low $x,xxx for such domains.

•••
Free "dot .RU" domain if you enter the following promo-code: 377956-622394-291333

This code will credit your account by 700 points that is enough to register one .RU domain.

Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

For more promotions and deals Join us on Facebook.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back