NameSilo

Rookmedia/Domainsponsor merging to Smartname

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just got May payment from RookMedia/DomainSponsor.. But still waiting for the SmartName..

•••
@thegeekguy max rpc for voodoo is $8

With bodis i had $45 click last week.

•••
I cannot comment on Rook/DS as once they lost their G feed and started the SmartName/GoDoody deal I pulled all names out of there. So far I've seen nothing to make me change my mind. I've heard nothing good from parking investors following the Rook/DS change.

I suggest you go to ParkingCrew's "Blocked & Adult Check" and verify the status of the domain(s). If fail listed you can begin to understand the relegation of the domain to ZC and do some testing. Bodis has a similar lookup feature. You may wish to try Skenzo or DA for your fail listed traffic. We have certain fail listed domains that do exceptionally well on Skenzo's platform that would barely cover their reg costs if not for Skenzo's Yahoo feed.

•••
There is no reason to believe that once your name migration to SmartName has reoptimized that your revenue won't stay somewhat consistent. Only time will tell how well you will do going forward. Anecdotally I've heard of accounts that did better on zero click in the period late last week / early this week when it became evident by traffic patterns that something was up (Rook lost their G feed). Be nice to hear how it is going from you or anyone who has decided to stay and port their names to SmartName. I've disabled them (Rook/DS) in Above as their share of my revenue had been dropping for about a year and it was time to find another parking company for my Above rotation. I've also heard that GoDoody has a strong but underutilized G contract. So I expect that this new relationship will allow Rook/DS to use their knowledge to leverage that contract (just not quite as far :xf.wink:) and possibly something great will come out of it. My dislike for anything to do with Doody prevents me from having any more to do with them then deal with domains I have that are stuck there - so SmartName isn't an option for me. But being a 'ho - if it turns out they built something great - I'll have no choice but to suck it up and reconsider.
Keep us posted.

Last edited:
•••
@davidc1 - don't think you are missing anything unless you have some fail lists - I have a few names at Skenzo - that do nothing anywhere else - but do extremely well on their Yahoo feed. I've just enabled DA (sister company - both owned by directi) but too soon to tell how well DA will do (more feeds than Skenzo, elegant landers) in comparison to PCrew.

Last edited:
•••
This is a very disappointing development. Another domain parking pioneer goes kaput

•••
Hey Everyone,

Wanted to put everyone at ease, payments will still be going out. There was a hiccup in payments, due to the transition which caused the delay.

If you have any questions please contact customer support.

Thank you
Rook Media / DomainSponsor Support Team

•••
•••
Hey everyone,

Payments are going out today.

Rook/Domainsponsor revenue will be paid for by us, and any revenue earned on Smartname will be paid out by them.

Please make sure to log into your Smartname account and verify payment details.

If you have any issues with any domain, please contact our support team or your account manager so that we can look into it.

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
they have really gone downhill.
after approx 15 years, time to move on

•••
looking at my old stats I really miss the old Rookmedia/Domainsponsor

•••
Domains parked there still show google ads

http://ww7.propertyandcasualtylicense.org

Since when they lost their google feed? February?
10th May if i'm not remembering wrong.
btw now you still see pages with google feed because they migrated your domains in a partnership with smartname.

they sent multiple emails days ago.. i think it's better you reach out your AM to better understand what is going on with your account

•••
I had an "old" domainsponsor account, which I stopped to use soon after domainsponsor was sold to rockmedia, as they unfortunately killed all useful domainconfig features originally offered by ds. And I have never used smartname. So, do I now have smartname account that I am not aware of?

•••
No. Only active DS users got smartname account as well. All others went back to "under review" status, and probably will never ever again became active again..

After 7 successful years with DS, they moved me to SmartName. After 2,5 months at smartname, I didn't pass their review process, and I didn't got paid. I lost my account, and all earnings for last 2,5 months.
So, my traffic was good enough for DS for last 7 years, but now when I got moved to SmartName, my traffic is worthless.. Strange..
Same traffic + same domains + same ads + different provider = account suspended

•••
Still got no payment for July from Smartname. Whom I should contact?
I've already contacted them. They had an issue. Payment should be sent out these days. PayPal payment should arrive today around 9pm Italy time.

•••
Thanks, I was thinking they forgot about me.

•••
Thanks Pablo. Their Support is simply horrible, got email from Afternic half of an hour ago I was already paid on 18th and my Name is Ahmed. I can not believe this, after 3 emails Dating back from 4th August with my account ID Details, they mix it with some other and Send me personal Infos about Ahmed earnings and Paypal ID.
lol that's a joke..
sincerely idk why rookmedia decided to gather with smartname. (i know they lost the G feed but why smartname and not another company? this is what i mean)

99% of the times, everything that is connected with godaddy have a terrible support:
smartname, afternic, godaddy...
luckily there are also great people like Joe Styler but they are too rare.

maybe this is just my experience btw...

•••
•••
Anyone else experiencing CTR 0% (zero clicks) in last 7 days, with SmartName/DomainSponsor/Afternic?

•••
Anyone else experiencing CTR 0% (zero clicks) in last 7 days, with SmartName/DomainSponsor/Afternic?
Yes me.. So am I not the only one?

•••
I have an income of .17 usd at afternic parking

But I cant tell from which
Domain

As they dont allow sorting by income

Interface is even worse them uniregistries

Which is not existing

•••
After 7 days they finally came out today with official mesage. "There are some delays by upstream providers."

•••
After 7 days they finally came out today with official mesage. "There are some delays by upstream providers."

That official message is out more time than when it's off but yeah finally it's here again.
At least we know...and wait

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back