Domain Empire

Reviews of baseballworld's investing and development group

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wormfood

----Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow. He was in chat laughing about how funny it is that people don't buy TM's and how that getting in trouble for TM's is a myth, etc. I've seen him go on that type of tirade several times to noobs who were posting TM names and were getting a logical response.

•••
he seemed nice active friendly fella
I almost bought his investment
is all this true @Eric Lyon ?
his account seems still around.
Which makes one wonder. Was he setting something up the entire time? Maybe his sheep suit started wearing thin and he new his time was up. Or maybe I am just the wrong person to cross. Yes, it is only $200 but it is way more than that to me and I have such a hard time letting such things go.

•••
Last edited:
•••

I couldn't search beyond page one.

I tried sorting by date and found only 8 results...

upload_2017-10-3_20-44-13.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
I don't think anybody is asking for a play by play. I think people just want to understand scope. Though, I didn't invest in the fund, so if you feel you have all the tools / people you need to complete the investigation, then by all means, go radio silent and let us know the outcome.

It is my experience that informing the public will help uncover, confirm, or debunk any questions. Though, some questions are believed to be best asked directly or through proper channels. Also, by keeping it public, you leave room for others to come forth with additional info. Even if that info doesn't seem pertinent, you never know when it might come to scope. For instance, I think I remember BBW saying in the chat that he will personally guarantee the investment. Going as far to say that even if it fails, he will cover it out if his personal funds. Basically, to me, insinuating it was a win/win. Now I don't remember the timeline of when this was said, might have even been before (or around the time) the investment fund thread was created. Others have confirmed in the chat that something of this nature was said. These night not be the conditions you signed onto, but they were conditions I remember reading that made me consider joining at one point.

Understanding that we aren't asking for a playbook, can you answer the below questions that I asked, to which you said you'd reply to...

Lastly, and this is just a suggestion, please leave his family out of this unless you feel they are involved. I understand a call or two to try and reach BBW. But I only mention this because you say you have eyes on him to include his residence and significant others phone number. IMO, family shouldn't be used as a pressure point. Again, this is coming from somebody who doesn't know full scope.
I invested on July 18th of 2017. The date in which I demanded refund was very soon after. I have gathered all the things you have mentioned from above and have given someone who is better educated with this type of situation everything that will help in the furtherment of my cause.
I appreciate the not involving family and I have ceased any further direct communication from myself.

•••
I invested $200, got $4 in July. I was suspicious in the beginning, but gave it a try. Looks like I should have been more suspicious.

Anyone got any news on this now? Does anyone have his e-mail address? Would like to hear what he says.

•••
Regarding his likes, I think quite a huge number came from word or name games on the forum, so basically from irrelevant stuff. Looks of course nice on the first glimpse.

Now the big question is if the money invested is all gone and if you can say that it was stolen by him.

•••
Regarding his likes, I think quite a huge number came from word or name games on the forum, so basically from irrelevant stuff. Looks of course nice on the first glimpse.

Now the big question is if the money invested is all gone and if you can say that it was stolen by him.

He has hundreds of domains, so technically the money invested is not gone. I also lost $200 (minus $4 LOL), and I haven't given up on getting my money back. The problem is that he's off the map.

•••
He has hundreds of domains, so technically the money invested is not gone. I also lost $200 (minus $4 LOL), and I haven't given up on getting my money back. The problem is that he's off the map.

Yeah, I'm also interested in getting my money back as this obviously was a scam.

•••
$200 per person, and around 10 people were in the group.

•••
This is a dam shame. This guy been a member here for over a decade. He had enough time to fix this and he hasn't. Has anyone gotten paid back? Anyone at all?

•••
Wow $4 bucks..For a guy who bragged for years about how well he does at parking thats pretty pathetic. I highly doubt anyone gets any money back.

How many people are in the group?

•••
Any number on how mamy people are in this group?
It is quite large! There were a SIGNIFICANT number of members who contacted me about being taken in the same scam but were too embarrassed to contact a mod. I had a tally that was literally in the thousands of dollars taken!

•••
I talked to BBW on the phone before deciding to invest. He was a braggart and avoided any suggestion about accountability so I passed.

I don't think this was an accident.

I had strong suspicions right in the beginning, because he was not able to explain his plans properly and thoroughly. Since I had already used some cash on bad domains, I thought I'll try it anyway despite expecting that something like this could happen. It was still stupid from me, would have been better to donate the money for charity.

I guess I thought that someone with 10 years membership here (and thousands of Likes from word games) would not risk his reputation/name (Jared Burnup) for a sum that is not even life changing.

Well..speaking of life changing...maybe he is a drug addict and needed money for drugs and now he might be dead..who knows. After all he is a poor little human being to scam mostly ordinary people and then it's not even enabling him to retire for life (though this wouldn't make the scam any better).

•••
I'm guessing this is long ended .. and I'm not really looking to peel off the band-aid (sorry if it brings up bad memories to those who lost money), but I was just curious as to what domains were actually held by this fund? Were they all trademark infringing domains? Were they all randreg's? About how many were held?

Lol, I didn't even know, because I didn't understand a word what he wrote me. It was English, but a product of a crazy mind. Well, it cost me $200, but now I'm smarter, and I don't trust anyone as a partner I don't have a friendship with.

•••
Why is @baseballworld restricted.. the guy with the most likes on NP!

•••
I will post entire story later today as I am in the middle of travelling back to new York from Seattle atm...
STAY TUNED

•••
I warned the mods about setting up domain investor funds, where one person controls all the money, it was just to easy, and the venue was provided for, they should have rules against this.

•••
I am sure he will make a new handle, or maybe already has one on here, they

That is absolutely hilarious as that would be considered intent to purchase, anyone who was bragging about that much success that had to shake that hard, that should be warning enough, that they couldn't sustain a $200 ad charge.
Believe me! I GET IT! I got it then also. I knew something was wrong but like I said, I don't want anything to mess my reputation and standing in this community so I acquiesced!

•••
His post for the said group literally started by something like......" I have never had any bad business dealings......."

•••
Thanks, for the links, read thru it, just looks like a ponzi scheme, that ran out of new money.
A bad one at that. ONE person I know got a $4 payment from a $200 investment.

•••
Well, I never have and never will, roll over and play dead or show the other cheek. I will hunt him down (Always abiding by the law) and make him pay. I will do it myself or if you would like to join me in getting your own money back, hop on board, I will lead! I am a former USMC and I promise I won't let up until he has paid or has binding agreements to pay everyone of us back! I DON'T QUIT, MAKE EXCUSES or GIVE UP!!!!!

•••
Well when you register tons of names like: BestApplebeesCoupons4MeToUse.com you'll get hit with those UDRPs ;)

•••
Even better:

B. Respondent
The Respondent did not formally reply to the Complainant’s contentions. The Respondent sent an email, stating that “I did email back and you never responded.” The Center acknowledged receipt of the email communication, indicating that it had not received any previous email communication from the Respondent. Although, the Respondent was asked to forward such email communication to the Center, no reply has been received from the Respondent.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back